Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fuck milk! Love nuts!

deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:15 AM #1 of 8
Fuck milk! Love nuts!

Hey all, I have been wondering if you guys like the nutty milks as much as I do. I really enjoy the Diamond Breeze almond milk, mostly, but I can't abide the cost. Then I've happened upon some blogs and stuff where they show you how to make it yourself.

Homemade Almond Milk

Another Site Showing the Same Thing

I'm really curious, but I've never tried it myself. Like I said, I really enjoy almond and coconut milks more than moo moo juice. I cannot abide the much higher cost in the store when it could be made at home. Has anybody ever tried this?

How ya doing, buddy?
Returned
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:15 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2012, 10:15 AM #2 of 8
My favorite thing about this is that this thread (profane title and all) is the sole trackback on the blog.

I haven't ever tried this, but I'm intrigued and may have to give it a shot. I love chocolate almond milk, but I never buy it anymore because it is prohibitively expensive. This sounds fun. I'm not sure if I would ever use the almond meal, though. Anyone have experience using almond meal as a flour substitute, or have used recipes specifically calling for almond meal? I'm at a loss as to what its effect would be or how I would make good use of it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:05 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2012, 10:05 AM #3 of 8
I buy soy milk at Costco since it doesn't go bad sitting on the floor, and I can leave it opened in the fridge just about as long as I want without a problem. It tastes like butt for drinking, but I've found it cooks fine, and it makes some great milkshakes.

Costco sells soy milk cheaper than just about anywhere else, so I imagine their almond milk will be competitively priced as well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:05 PM #4 of 8
I have seen some really cool muffin recipes that used almond flour in place of grain flour.

This kind of deal

They look maybe more dense, but overall I figure they'd be worth a try. The grocer I have sells almond flour at pretty ridiculous cost, so the meal thing would be a boon to me.

Additional Spam:
Reav, I've had soy and almond. Hated the soy milk taste (not to mention the possible deleterious effects of phytoestrogen on male physiology). I really liked the almond milk I could buy at the store. Haven't tried chocolate, but I liked vanilla and unsweetened. They sub really well for skim or 2%, in my opinion.

Most amazing jew boots
Returned

Last edited by deadally; Oct 18, 2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:30 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2012, 01:30 PM #5 of 8
Almond milk is what I mix with casein powder post workout. It's great.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:32 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2012, 03:32 PM #6 of 8
Huh, that sounds promising.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:46 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2012, 06:46 PM #7 of 8
I just drink real milk like a normal person.

FELIPE NO
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:58 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2012, 08:58 PM #8 of 8
Never've had or seen this stuff. Sounds nice though, if only if it were available here. About ten years ago I used to love going to the health section at the super and there was this machine, like a gumball dispenser, only that it was full of almonds and when you turned the dial it would mash them and you could collect and buy the resulting almond butter by the ounce. Delicious and so different.

And as far as milk... Growing up in the states I always thought of powdered milk as the bottom of the bottom of class along with "government cheese," never saw either of those things though. However, I almost exclusively drink powdered milk nowadays. Not so bad actually.
I felt whey worked better post workout. I'd take casein before bedtime though, great slow release.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Fuck milk! Love nuts!