Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN NA Premiere Event (Discussion and Speculation)

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 08:23 PM #1 of 24
FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN NA Premiere Event (Discussion and Speculation)

After much deliberation, I feel this subject deserves its own thread. Has anyone read about this guy's experience at the event http://www.rpgfan.com/features/ff7ac...re/index.html? We all know that on April 4th there was a special showing of FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN and a few of us were lucky enough to see it. I would like to quote a few lines from this and share how my own experience was during this mind-blowing event.

Quote:
As the only attending member of RPGFan, I arrived at the theater around 1:15. This will give you an idea how many people turned out for the event. They had begun hanging out tickets at noon, and by the time I arrived, they were out. The screening was at 7PM. Part of the reason, as we learned inside, was that the line began forming at 2AM the previous night. There was, however, room for 'stand by' - so if come seven, there were unclaimed tickets, we'd get in. As the fifth non-ticket holder, I felt my chances were good. Unfortunately that meant sitting on the sidewalk of Ivar St. - sometimes in light rain - for almost six hours to find out. I was tempted to simply go in the theater and see another movie to pass time, but I didn't want to lose my place. I was so thankful I had my DS and Tetris DS on hand, otherwise I'd have been staring at the mural on the side of Amoeba Music all day. Of course, being able to truly see the DS screen in the daytime, even while overcast, was a struggle.

Not that I was the only one: I lost count of how many Game Boy Advances and DSes I saw in that line. I didn't, however, lose count of PSPs - there were two, so take that as you will.
I remember that part. As we all mindlessly waited in line to see the same movie we watched 50 times in Japanese with english titles just so we could be the first to brag about hearing cloud's new English voice. 95% of us pulled out our DS to play one of the many Final Fantasy games ported over to the GBA. Of course they aren't as good as Final Fantasy VII but they did borrow some of the same spell names and summons from the game. I just wish these games had more cloud in them. 3% of the DS owners played tetris DS, including the author of the RPGfan writing. How lame, considering Final Fantasy 7 is way more classic than Tetris. Of course we made fun of the two people with the PSP since it currently has no Final Fantasy games on it. Now, if they handed out free UMD movie samplers with 5 minute footage from the FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN movie we all would have walked over to the nearest Target or Gamestop and dropped 250 dollars on a PSP.

Quote:
Around 6:30 people were being let in while some of us stood by patiently. By now we were around the front of the building and could see the lights and cameras of the press. I couldn't tell you what celebrities arrived outside of some of the movie's cast and production staff, but there were plenty of limos: one of the last being something that's probably not commonplace outside of California, but something we're used to - A Hummer H2 limo. Each limousine that passed elicited "Who's that!?" from someone in line. When the H2 passed, someone chimed in, "It's Cloud!" and a bunch of people played along and got excited. When the first of us got tickets, a few people sung the FFVII victory theme and held their tickets in the air. It's always refreshing to see fans who aren't afraid to make fun of... themselves, really.
OH MY GOD when everyone started chanting Cloud I had the largest erection. I came when everyone started singing the Final Fantasy VII victory theme.

Quote:
After this, the curtains opened and we were treated with two brand-new Square Enix trailers before the movie.

First was Kingdom Hearts II, which got huge applause at just the first scene, which only escalated as it went on. Like most people, I've yet to finish the game myself, let alone make a significant dent in it, so I was surprised at how freely they revealed things in this trailer for a game that's only been out for about five days. I've thankfully forgotten most of it, but I don't think one could create a more spoiler-laden trailer if they tried. It was beautiful, exciting and moving. Whenever a Final Fantasy character popped up, the crowd cheered - you can imagine which characters got the loudest. Impressive as it was... wow, spoilers.
Man... who cares about the Disney characters? Kingdom Hearts 2 was all about seeing which Final Fantasy 7 characters were placed in the game. I started tweaking out on the floor as the trailer showed off a single world with Cloud, Tifa, Aeris (how is she alive again? Maybe the game will explain this some time in the future how the gang ended up in a world with that Duck and whats his name. There is a rumor that this takes place after FINAL FANTASY VII: Dirge of Cerberus but we have to wait for the US release for that). They also redesigned Setzer from FINAL FANTASY VI to look more like Sephiroth from FINAL FANTASY VII. SWEET!

Quote:
Second was another never-before-seen trailer, this time for Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. There's still clearly work to be done on the localization, since all the speech was still in Japanese and subtitled. The FMV cutscenes shown impressively matched Advent Children not only in design, but in quality. Gameplay footage was sandwiched between an FMV opening and ending, and while the game looks 'cool', nothing shown has me convinced it can compete with other action-based games, let alone the one we just saw a trailer for, which oozes with so much style, anything pales in comparison. Fun to watch though, and it looks like if not for the gameplay, it will be worth playing for the story.
Everything about this is correct, except for the localization part. Square-Enix makes no mistakes with their localizations. They probably had the game translated before the Japanese release. They just left the Japanese voices in to give us US fans a chance to hear what the voice acting sounds like. Also, the game tops everything else including that uh... whats it called? Godz of the wars? I wouldn't give that game a try sicne it didn't have a Square-Enix logo on it.

And as for the actual movie itself, it was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed in my life. No other movie can top this one. It is perfect in every single way possible. Now hopefully they can get started on a remake of this movie. like have it done in anime style and then another Final Fantasy 7 movie with real life actors. Who do you think could play the perfect Cloud and Sephiroth. Hmm... thats another thread idea. I might as well make it since someone else would just make it eventually anyways.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:28 PM #2 of 24
Hey Miles, umm, are you trolling soldier or what.

So yeah the movie is cool I guess. I like Tifa's shoes and stuff, yeah that's cool.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:33 PM #3 of 24
I want to have many an e-baby with you Miles. Plzplzplzplz.

This is seriously grade A.

How ya doing, buddy?
pink
I can not see you

Member 4692

Level 9.40

Apr 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:34 PM #4 of 24
Tifa's Boobs needed biggerness.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:47 PM #5 of 24
I hear that I may have inadvertantly broken the thread when something I previously stated was taken out of context. Of course I was only referring to a scene in the movie where stuff happened and there was fighting and people flying around and stuff. Oh and

I keep forgetting how these newfangled spoiler tags work, what is up with that:
Cloud dies in the movie; I was sad but then they revive him and I was like yay

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Apr 12, 2006 at 10:57 PM.
pink
I can not see you

Member 4692

Level 9.40

Apr 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:06 PM #6 of 24
Originally Posted by russ
I hear that I may have inadvertantly broken the thread when something I previously stated was taken out of context. Of course I was only referring to a scene in the movie where stuff happened and there was fighting and people flying around and stuff. Oh and

I thought the best part was when..

Spoiler:
Tifa's boob knocked the sword out of Sephiroths hand and he tripped and pulled a Bob Saget on Aerith. then they went out to the Sizzler and got slush puppys.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:30 PM #7 of 24
Dear bobo: please let us prop threads.

Sincerely, the world.

wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:52 PM #8 of 24
Sephiroth had two choice:
Death. Or The Aristocrats.

I like it when Tifa kicks. Not as much so when she punches; nevertheless. The boob's jiggle.

Woah, I typed "jiggle." Cra~zy~.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:58 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 02:28 AM #9 of 24
Spoiler:

Best ending evar!!1 :O

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:00 AM #10 of 24
Thanks Miles, you pulled off the SOLDIER satire that I was only mildly mulling around in my head for a while.

I like how he's so anal about spoilers, yet in the Silent Hill thread, he completely spoiled the movies Identity and High Tension without spoiler tags.

I couldn't stand it in the KHII thread when he's obsessing over how the FFVII characters' stories make sense. Their (barely there) story is completely separate and made up for KHII, and it's completely uninteresting.

SOLDIER: No disrespect, it's just that you can get a little very obessive with this stuff from time to time. And your need to hold off viewing of the Japanese release was admirable (in the sense that you have willpower)... if you had kept from constantly mentioning it every five seconds for half a year.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by JazzFlight; Apr 13, 2006 at 12:06 AM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:06 PM #11 of 24
This reminds me of a sig you had that I liked a lot. I didn't realize that I saved it until now. =p

Spoiler:

How ya doing, buddy?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:06 AM #12 of 24
Originally Posted by Jazzflight
I couldn't stand it in the KHII thread when he's obsessing over how the FFVII characters' stories make sense. Their (barely there) story is completely separate and made up for KHII, and it's completely uninteresting.
Look, it's better than he liking Atlantica okay.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 01:09 PM #13 of 24
I heard about this movie is dis good?

Spoiler:
Fuck you SOLDIER

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:34 AM #14 of 24
I'll only say this:

I never said I liked Atlantica. I only said I didn't think it was terrible.

Carry on, I know I deserve some of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 02:50 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 12:50 AM #15 of 24

That was the worst part of the movie. Oh I'll probably watch it again just for the pretty visuals. Other than that...meh.

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:09 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 12:09 PM #16 of 24
I would just like to announce my undying love for Milesy~

Advent Children was enjoyable, but looking at it now I can't say it had really that much to do with what made FFVII good originally.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:16 AM #17 of 24
Fuck you guys, I still say backflips off the plate would be a great game.

I'm banned from every landfill in my state.

This has less to do with budding urban sportsmanship and more to do with garbage picking, though. :bobofrowny:

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:31 AM #18 of 24
Wow. This thread is amazing. Miles is awesome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:22 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 07:22 AM #19 of 24
Originally Posted by Rydia
This reminds me of a sig you had that I liked a lot. I didn't realize that I saved it until now. =p

Spoiler:
YES! That's awesome that you've got that saved.

And for the record everyone, I do actually know how to use spoiler tags, I reversed the spoiler text and the caption on purpose, but ol' jazzy there just had to go and ruin my fun ;_;. I totally can't remember if what I said even happened, I just made it up as I was typing {or so I thought}.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:04 PM #20 of 24
YES! That's awesome that you've got that saved.

And for the record everyone, I do actually know how to use spoiler tags, I reversed the spoiler text and the caption on purpose, but ol' jazzy there just had to go and ruin my fun ;_;. I totally can't remember if what I said even happened, I just made it up as I was typing {or so I thought}.
Well, even though it's a joke thread (and I knew what you were going for with the reversed spoiler), I couldn't sit by and let an important spoiler like that get through. Internet manners and all.

Yeah, it does happen in the movie.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 10:46 AM #21 of 24
This failed to include a rant on how everyone idolizes Tifa's boobs, but only SOLDIER sees past them.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:52 PM #22 of 24
Originally Posted by Motsy
This failed to include a rant on how everyone idolizes Tifa's boobs, but only SOLDIER sees past them.
not really, I prefer her in AC mainly because it's more natural >.>

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 08:41 PM #23 of 24
Why did miles ban me again...oh he is awesome...that it.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 09:45 PM #24 of 24
IGN has posted VA interviews from the screening

http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/761/761530/vids_1.html

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN NA Premiere Event (Discussion and Speculation)