Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

MP3 Player Problems: Creative Zen Vision M

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 05:27 PM #1 of 7
MP3 Player Problems: Creative Zen Vision M

I just got a Creative Zen Vision M today. I came home, opened it up, and plugged it in. Lo and behold, windows does not recognize it. I'm running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 1 (it only requires service pack 1, or so says the box). When I plug it in, I get the three-tone "USB Device Error" sound.

There are no drivers for it on Creative's website. Has anyone else have this player and had this problem?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 01:56 AM #2 of 7
I don't think so,you just need install program on CD come with Creative Zen,will be recognize Creative Zen Vision M.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 08:48 PM #3 of 7
I think, as it's a driverless MTP/PlaysForSure device, you'll need Windows Media Player 10 in order to use it.

Quote:
I don't think so,you just need install program on CD come with Creative Zen,will be recognize Creative Zen Vision M.
Are you retarded. Oh wait, yes you are. There's no drivers for it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 05:10 AM #4 of 7
I used one before,there some Creative MP3 need driver to read and write.but all Creative MP3 need to install driver

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:18 PM #5 of 7
It's obvious you don't know what "PlaysForSure" means then.

Creative has updated all "modern" Zen players to PlaysForSure, which means they are compatable with Windows Media Player 10 for transfer. As long as you have WMP10, you need no drivers for it.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I have a Creative player with MTP firmware.

You don't need to use WMP10 to transfer songs, by the way. It will also show up as a device under My Computer.

I was speaking idiomatically.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 06:19 PM #6 of 7
It says in the manual to Insert the installation CD, follow the steps and restart your computer when prompted. Once the computer reboots it will ask if you want to register your product, then will tell you to insert your player into the USB port.

EDIT: Merv Burger is most likely right

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:52 PM #7 of 7
Edit: I fixed my problem

via ways that may be considered unethical, but hey, it works now.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Taco; May 25, 2006 at 02:17 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > MP3 Player Problems: Creative Zen Vision M