Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Hip Hop/Rap Thread

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 08:29 PM #276 of 302
*reviving thread*

Hey did anyone check out that new Kanye West video? Check it out...Lots of Akira reference. They did say that Kanye was working with some bands in Tokyo but this one is pretty awesome. Sept 11 will feature a remix with Jay-z. Hopefuly we'll see Kanye turn into a Blob =].

KANYE WEST | STRONGER

Yeah, he's a fan of Tetsuo Shima. Great.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2007, 05:27 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2007, 12:27 AM #277 of 302
So uh 50cents Curtis is out and so is Kanye Wests Graduation.
Curtis is much better then The Massacre but 50 still can't (and probably won't) top Get rich or die trying. There are some great beats, Fire (produced by Dre) is off the freaking chain and I must admit Ayo technology got me hooked.

On the other hand Graduation is a step down from Late registration. In no way is it bad, it's just that Late Registration was really good and had a couple of smash tracks and it's just hard to do another one that can get to that level. Graduation is a lot slower CD, with mellow beats and overall slower rapping. No skits either which is kinda of a nice change.

no homo
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2007, 05:28 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2007, 04:28 PM #278 of 302
Kanye West is awful, why are we kidding ourselves?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 01:20 PM #279 of 302
Listened to both Kanye's and 50's new albums. Not sure which is better since 50's is gangsta rap while Kanye's is more mellow hip-hop. Although both are great imo and 50's is much better then massacre which sucked. Kanye's is better then his last one I think but it only has 13 tracks which kind of sucks.

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:53 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2007, 11:53 AM #280 of 302
I'm liking both albums a lot, maybe 50 Cent's more than Kanye's which is a surprise for me since I've never really liked 50 Cent; but Curtis has got some tracks that just have me hooked. And yes, "Fire" <3. But Talib Kweli's Ear Drum is still the best release of the last couple weeks.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 02:00 PM #281 of 302
Man I'm really loving My Gun from 50's new album. My favorite song on there by far.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 02:08 PM #282 of 302
He has like 2 other great tracks. Flashing Lights which is pretty interesting. You need to see Beats Kingz 2k7. Kanye goes Emo in that 1hour vid ;p.

And of course you have "Everything I am".For those who are really into the hip hop music(beats-wise), If anyone doesn't know who does the scratches, You have issues >=p.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 02:32 PM #283 of 302
yeah Flashing Lights has my favorite beat off the album.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:06 PM #284 of 302
So uh...any for the new Pharoahe Monch album?

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2007, 02:47 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2007, 09:47 PM #285 of 302
Eminem is just a master man, listened to Peep show on the buss yesterday, and i busted out laughing when he said "let me shit on your chest, the pee comes out just guzzle it down guzzle it down". Hall of fame lyrics right there.

Most amazing jew boots
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:33 PM #286 of 302
THANK YOU.

I read they sampled some Can on Graduation, so I downloaded it...ugh, right to the recycle bin.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:42 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2007, 10:42 AM #287 of 302
Kanye West isn't a horrible emcee, per se, but the one thing that's always bothered me about him is how he basically rode on the coattails of a far superior emcee and songwriters (Common) until he got signed and is now considered "Chicago's finest".

Naw, nigga. Common is STILL Chicago's finest whether you want to admit it or not.

As for 50 Cent's new album one lyric on one of the cuts sums up the whole essence of his "works": "I'm laughin' strait to da bank wit this".

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 09:55 AM #288 of 302
Kanye west is like a balance. He goes up and down every album. He's alright though in my book.

YouTube Video
Someone mixed this and the akira clips. Well made!

Hey is anyone up on Termanology? Another underrated mc.

YouTube Video
He's been around before. Primo and alot of other known artists and producers are cosigning with this guy. This vid should be on MTV or BeT..wtf =/.

EDIT: Kinda late but this is the unbiased version of what happened at Havoc's party where Saigon and Prodigy went at it. After this bullshit, I have no respect for Prodigy. He shouldn't promote hav's album. bullshit >.>

Havoc's Party : Saigon and his boy knockin Prodigy the fuck out (unbiased version)

Good thing Hav said "I got no beef with saigon, he's a great artist " but when he added " but mobb deep better", That threw me off. No lie, his album's pretty sick but g-unit and prodigy shouldn't promote his shit. Garbage really..

Last edited by chato; Sep 25, 2007 at 09:11 AM.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 07:22 PM Local time: May 13, 2008, 02:22 AM #289 of 302
Bumping this because of

They are back! The album kinda continues with the dark and heavy beats AND lyrics! It just sounds meaner... at least the first half. The beats gradually become easier and softer and the dark synths dont jump right at you. The lyrics are pretty much spot-on and touch on mostly politics but also some other topics in the media today eg the environment. A couple of guest artists, mos def and talib kweli drop in to do their thing, but there are also some new guys. Kweli does some of his finest spitting here imo.

The only thing that's lacking is a big track to end the album on.. Rising up is good and all but it's.. don't know lacks that final punch to end it.

The roots are still fresh baby!

no homo
Agrias
Holy Knight

Member 1338

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 01:33 PM #290 of 302
Common's got a new album coming in early July, called Invincible Summer. Anyone else excited?

"Evanescence... what a sad word..."
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old May 15, 2008, 03:43 PM Local time: May 15, 2008, 01:43 PM #291 of 302
I am, Agrias. Been on a bit of a trip regarding his past work again, and it's always nice to know talent is coming out with new material. I don't mean to duck tail this with cynicism and snark, but I want to say that I want it to be better than the samples I've heard from "Nigger" by Nas. Someone needs to man up and tell him when his flow is weak.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:03 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2008, 09:03 AM #292 of 302
It seems like most of the stuff I'm hearing on the radio is sounding more and more like watered-down club music.

What is your opinion of hip hop/rap?
OVER AND OVER AND OVER! man I dont like the radio today. Also I am not a hater cause I love old school hip hop and I respect anyone doing what they love and making money doing it, but can anyone please explain what is so great about lil wayn?

Well he is "good" compared to many so called rappers today. soldier boy? seriously? seriously?

Last edited by Lost_solitude; Aug 6, 2008 at 02:06 PM.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2008, 08:02 AM #293 of 302
I am, Agrias. Been on a bit of a trip regarding his past work again, and it's always nice to know talent is coming out with new material. I don't mean to duck tail this with cynicism and snark, but I want to say that I want it to be better than the samples I've heard from "Nigger" by Nas. Someone needs to man up and tell him when his flow is weak.
After listening to Nigger a few times, I still like it but Nas' biggest problem is his beats. He just doesn't have a good ear for them at all. Not anymore at least, not since the mid 90s. I don't know how anyone can say Kanye is awful after listening to "Spaceship" or pretty much all of College Dropout. Say what you will about "Graduation" and to a certain extent "Late Registration" but his debut is still strong to this day.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Ramenbetsu; Aug 7, 2008 at 08:04 AM.
Contracts
Chocobo

Member 1639

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2008, 04:12 PM #294 of 302
I agree, Nas' beat selection on his last album was awful. Also, I think his lyrics weren't as good as they once were on his previous outings.

On another note, I've been really enjoying a Halifax artist "Ghettosocks". When I first heard of him I thought he was going to be some sort of stupid artist but I've come to enjoy him. His style reminds me of Kool G Rap's multis with MF Doom's eccentric flavor, his myspace is:
MySpace.com - GHETTOSOCKS! - Halifax, CA - www.myspace.com/ghettosocks

He has a video, "Step to a T-Rex":
YouTube - Ghettosocks - Step To A T-Rex

How ya doing, buddy?
pakka
pakkastallion

Member 31939

Level 1.47

Oct 2008

Old Oct 26, 2008, 07:08 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 06:08 PM #295 of 302
kanye's pretty dope in my book. Style has to be involved cause I hear how kanye likes to rhyme his words and syllables and he can be quite original at times with it. Nas on the other hand has been around for quite sometime now, so you can't blame a professional recording artist with added stage expirence to fudge up a track or two or ten now and then. (eminem anyone?) 50 cent on the though has just plain messed up. He should've stayed on Shady/Aftermath instead of trying to become a so called buisnessman.

FELIPE NO
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 07:18 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 07:18 PM #296 of 302
808's and Heartbreak is gonna be tight. I keep playing the tracks that have been released so far over and over. I actually like the autotuner effect, too.

Last edited by IdleChill; Oct 29, 2008 at 12:27 AM.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:14 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2008, 06:14 PM #297 of 302
I dont mind the autotune.
Heartless is cool and love lockdown is cool production wise but coldest winter and the new spacesong is garbage.

New master mixes of heartless/lovelockdown here

http://nahright.com/news/2008/11/08/...-more-updates/

I give Kanye props for trying something new though, another good thing is that ladies will love this album so it's good for ass taxing!!

no homo
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2008, 02:56 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2008, 02:56 PM #298 of 302
I dont mind the autotune.
Heartless is cool and love lockdown is cool production wise but coldest winter and the new spacesong is garbage.

New master mixes of heartless/lovelockdown here

Nah Right Blog Archive Video: Kanye West - Heartless + More Updates

I give Kanye props for trying something new though, another good thing is that ladies will love this album so it's good for ass taxing!!
Mann, coldest winter is tight, and I believe the only track about his mother. What is this spacesong you speak of? The only track that's dropped that I find to be garbage is Anyway. It just doesn't do it for me. Robocop is probably one of my top favorites for not being kanye.

also, he is supposedly pushing the date up to the 16th instead of the original drop date of the 25th

Last edited by IdleChill; Nov 9, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2008, 07:29 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2008, 02:29 AM #299 of 302
yeah i ment Anyway lol, all those beeps and shit reminds of starwars guns. He has nice flow in it but i dont like the beat or the lyrics. but... damn now that i relistened to it, it has grown on me. And that will probably be the same with the whole album, ill hate it but keep playing it.

Also if you guys havent heard the ColdplayXjay-z mashup mixtape Viva La Hove get it now!!!!
Viva La Hova !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously Mike Boogie mix Jay-z and coldplay together in a way that is so retarded (good retarded) that makes it look like Coldplay make their tracks for Jay-z.
This puts anything else to shame, I dunno how many people that read this thread but if you are glancing at dis shit GO GET IT.

no homo
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:35 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2008, 12:35 PM #300 of 302
808s and heartbreak is out, and damnit I love it. More hiphop then i expected and it's damn catchy. You have to listen to it in full and not in singles. I dislike some songs, street lights and the last freestyle, but the rest are nice, the beats are made for hiphop and im waiting for a bunch of remixes.
Mad props to Mr. West for trying to step out of his comfort zone.

no homo

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Hip Hop/Rap Thread