Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fujisaki Ryu is not too popular?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:48 AM #1 of 8
Lightbulb Fujisaki Ryu is not too popular?

Hello, I wonder if the name "Fujisaki Ryu" rings a bell to you. I'm fan of his epic works Hoshin Engi. But while searching for his other works, I found out that he actually only has finished 4 works, with Waq Waq as the latest series.

That makes me wondering whether this mangaka doesnt gain much popularity outside japan. What do you say about his works? Is he really not popular as I percepted? Hoshin Engi and his profile dont even have entry at wikipedia.

Most amazing jew boots
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:25 PM #2 of 8
Yes, I recognize the name. I saw Waq Waq for sale but didn't pick it up since volume 1 wasn't there at the time (I picked up Dream Gold~Knights in the Dark City~ instead).

Fujisaki's art in Houshin Engi is definitely very well done. I guess the animated Houshin Engi series flopping didn't really help him in the popularity department. I do believe he's quite well known in Japan though, as you've pointed out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:27 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:27 PM #3 of 8
I only know his work of Waq Waq and Houshin Engi. Can't really say much about him except his unique art style

The sad thing about manga artists in Japan is that if your first few series didn't sell over a certain quota, the big companies will cancel your contract and you'll have to find a new sponsor or publisher to publicize your work.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:40 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:40 PM #4 of 8
Manganews only listed 4 of his works, namely "Worlds", "Hoshin Engi", "Sakura Tetsu Taiwahen", and "Waq Waq"

Ridiculous! How come such great mangaka been ignored in the entire anime manga community?

Currently I'm reading Sakura Tetsu Taiwahen (scanlated by AKutenshi) it's really2 hilarious manga, you should read it. It's really2 Fujisaki-ish

How ya doing, buddy?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Old May 13, 2006, 07:02 AM #5 of 8
Hoshin Engi is excellent and I do know of a few people that love him, his works, and his art style.

One in particular uses his style in her artwork a whole lot.

http://www.spacecoyote.com/

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

venusyew
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 32275

Level 1.00

Nov 2008

Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:00 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 01:00 AM 1 #6 of 8
I like Fujisaki so much.Sorry for reply this old topic.I can't control myself when I see Fujisaki's name.XD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:05 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 01:05 AM #7 of 8
well, since you bumped a very old topic, why not continue? Anyone knows whether he has any plan to write another manga?

FELIPE NO

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 08:30 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2008, 08:30 PM #8 of 8
I adored Houshin Engi, and really Fujisaki's works are well-written and drawn. I haven't seen anyone recommend Shiki yet, so swing by OM and read it.

OneManga - Shiki

Shiki also features one hell of an author -- Fuyumi Ono, who Rydia and any Twelve Kingdoms fan should recognize as the novelist behind the books and, subsequently, the anime. So Ono and Fujisaki collaborated on Shiki.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Fujisaki Ryu is not too popular?