Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] 2008 MLB season discussion

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:46 AM #76 of 84
Yeah it definitely looks like it's the Phillies' series to lose at this point. As good as Tampa's defense is (supposed to be), it's the errors and poor fielding which got them into trouble against the Red Sox and it's doing the same right now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:07 PM #77 of 84
Boy, considering what happened with Game 3 I wonder what the chances are that they'll delay this game at all. It looks like it's pouring in Philly.

(And it doesn't look like it's going to slow down or stop.)

Additional Spam:
Well, it's in a delay now. If the Rays didn't score in the top of the sixth just now, they're talking like they would've suspended the game and not finished it out, whereas now that it's tied, if they suspend the game, they will play it out. I think that rule is ridiculous, especially in the postseason and even more so in the World Series. If it wasn't tied, they should finish out the game no matter what.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Dopefish; Oct 27, 2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:58 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 08:58 PM #78 of 84
I agree. The World Series should be won on the field with a packed house, not the clubhouse, after all the fans have gone home after a long rain delay.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:24 PM #79 of 84
Didn't take them long to make a decision to suspend the game. They really lucked out with the Rays tying the game, but now they have to figure out when they'll finish the game. Not that they won't find the time, but the next two games are supposed to be tomorrow and Wednesday.

Additional Spam:
They'll resume tomorrow at 8, pretty much pushing each game back 1 day (assuming they can play tomorrow). And Bud Selig said that he would not have called the game at all.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Dopefish; Oct 27, 2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:48 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 11:48 PM #80 of 84
I'm surprised they suspended the game since, well, it's possibly the last game of the world series. I'd also be ultra-pissed if I was in the stands tonight and couldn't make it tomorrow and Philly wound up winning.

Also pissed off that as soon as I got a working online broadcast of the game (from WNPV-AM Philadelphia) it got called for rain delay. At least I might be able to get home from work by 5 PM tomorrow.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:01 PM #81 of 84
lol Phillies win.

I THINK WE'VE HEARD ENOUGH OF THE "roarrrrrrrrrrrYEAHROARRRRRRRRRRRR" SOUND-BYTE THANK YOU. WHAT IS THAT, 10 TIMES?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:31 AM 1 #82 of 84
[01:00] <LZ> hey guys
[01:00] <LZ> I was in center street philly
[01:00] <LZ> I helped destroy a streetlight, took a piece of it home
[01:01] <LZ> *stoplight
[01:03] <AWACS_Eagle_Eye>
[01:04] <LZ> PHILLLLIIIIESSS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NUMBA ONE YAH
[01:04] <LZ> well who cares about baseball RIOTTTIIIIIINNG WOOOOOOOOOOO

There's nowhere I can't reach.
joshuak
Carob Nut

Member 32079

Level 4.68

Oct 2008

Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:52 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2008, 12:52 PM #83 of 84
Disappointing end of the season. Almost anti-climatic with the end of Game 5 being a mere 3 and half innings. I was pulling for the Rays.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:10 AM #84 of 84
Most amazing weekend of my life as a sports fan in Philly last weekend. Just absolute bedlam with the parade and everything. Finally I experienced a championship and it was more amazing than I could've ever dreamed about.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] 2008 MLB season discussion