Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Resident Evil Degeneration

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:58 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2008, 09:58 AM #26 of 35
This thread needs a bump, because the torrent for the movie just got released, and i just finished watching it.

My thoughts

Spoiler:
First of, I am going to say I really love the Resident Evil series, even down to the shooters, I loved it. Seeing as how Resident Evil 2 is my most favorite game out of the series (claire <3) This made me think that I'll love the movie, and it does in a certain kind of way, But still there are tons of Complains i have for this movie.

The plot is usual "Conspiracy/Zombie/Betrayal" story, which you might see in an X-files episode. I admit the story is pretty bland, and the script is "bland" as well, Although i do love the little references they made.

Seeing as this is Resident Evil, I was sure we would see alot of Zombies, in fact, I even thought Crimson heads would appear on this one... but no, Zombies disappear after the 30 minute mark of the movie, and the rest of the movie is just lol drama.

The graphics of the film is not an eye candy, But what do you expect this is not LOL SQUARE ENIX, where every strand of hair needs 3129318230182390812390 pixels, They decided to keep the CG simple for this movie, Its okay. I didn't expect much although one thing that irked me was how the facial movement, and the hand movement of certain characters really looked awkward.

One thing i loved about this movie is the Soundtrack, There are really good tracks within the movie which i would love to listen to everyday, It just sucked how they didn't put at least one song from the Resident Evil 2 soundtrack. but god knows i want to punch who ever sang for the Ending of this movie. Engrish too much.

It's still an okay movie, Its fun to watch, the movie does not really warrant a theatrical release, Its a good straight to dvd movie, Not really for anyone who wants Brutal/gore zombie movies, But for people who just likes some Resident Evil 2 fanservice, Then pick it up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:16 PM #27 of 35
I have to say it was good with all the problems that was posted above (the facial animation I guess was alright, the lip-synch was sort of off). It's typical Capcom fare which I dont expect flawless CGI which the entertainment value makes up for. I'll be sure to pick the DVD up at the end of the month (boo for no real special features).
Spoiler:
I loved the flashback to RE 2.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:20 PM #28 of 35
I honestly thought it wasn't that great. Killing zombies was good, the rest not so much.
The animations were over exaggerated as well. Yes we know Claire was talking I don't need to see her head bob all the time just to signify that.
Also the fact that there were to many coincidences the character meetings.

Again, zombie killing good. Everything else not so much.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

New Record!
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:01 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 09:01 PM #29 of 35
I enjoyed it, but I do wish it tied in more with the games, other than references to RE2.

CG wasn't horrible, but they could've done a better job with lip syncing. Also, it was surprisingly tame. I know RE has never been especially gory, but...

Spoiler:
things like G-Curtis slaughtering those soldiers would've been a little more explicit. Hell, even RE1 showed Wesker being impaled by the Tyrant. While I'm on the subject of G-Curtis, I really wish they hadn't had his last bit of humanity come through when he looked at that picture. Even for RE, that was a bit too cheesy.

Hunnigan's appearance was a nice surprise, but it kinda fucks with the continuity, since she and Leon meet for the first time a year or so later in RE4 when she introduces herself.

Claire using an umbrella as a weapon made me lol.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2008, 02:49 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 11:49 PM #30 of 35
Spoiler:
The umbrella weapon was funny and ironic, which Claire does point out.

I also loved how she and Leon met up again, total deja vu to RE2. And ditto about the flashbacks.

If you guys can access the special features on the DVD, the bloopers are scripted but some of them are funny. Particularly Leon's line :

"My pay... is just TOO GOOD!"

Overall it was enjoyable despite it not looking as good as RE5. It was nice to see some old fashion zombies again. The awkward animation I think stems from bad acting during Mo Cop though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Dec 7, 2008 at 02:56 AM.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Dec 7, 2008, 03:47 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2008, 01:47 PM #31 of 35
This movie was like watching an extended cutscene from the video game only without being able to shoot zombies after it ends. It's Resident Evil, so there were plenty of awkward moments and what not. Leon saying "shoot them in the head" then watching a zombie get its legs shot out not a moment later. They should have saved their money and put this stuff into another video game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:37 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2008, 05:37 PM #32 of 35
I just must enjoy movies in general. Granted, with the live action movies, the plot really never made any sense at all, and I believe the reason why it sucks so bad is because the director is married to the bitch that played Alice.

I think she was a fan of the games, so having no real reason to be in them, even though she would have made a -somewhat- tolerable Jill, they decide to make a new character and completely fuck tard the series up.

That being said, this CGI movie was a saving grace. The story was consistent to the series, gave a little back info as to what some characters were up to, and I think was a fine representation to what the live action movies SHOULD have been.

I mean hell, Mortal Kombat was a decent movie because it followed the plot of the game...Warriors from earth fighting to save it. Then they dropped the ball.

Leon saying "shoot them in the head" then watching a zombie get its legs shot out not a moment later.
As for this, you have to remember that the people in the movie were NOT playing a game. Sure, Leon told them to shoot them in the head, but they were not trained soldiers taking orders, they reacted like normal, stupid people. They didn't want to accept that the Racoon City incident actually happened the way it happened. So while it was stupid to shoot a zombie in the leg after someone just tells you to shoot them in the head, it's understandable why they didn't think that would be reasonable enough.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:49 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2008, 03:49 PM #33 of 35
The bulk of them were military in my defense, though I can't remember who took the shot in that scene. Frankly, I don't want to recollect scenes from this movie with the utmost accuracy. So, you've got no argument from me. If anyone enjoyed it, good for them, no one's calling it "Fine Cinema" or whatever and there's no need for me to be backhanded about it. It really just felt like Capcom wanted to make a Resident Evil CG movie to remind you, the consumer, that "Hey, it's Resident Evil, remember that thing?"

Advent Children at least had some plot thread to tie up, this movie just seemed to be pure indulgence for the fan base. Makes me wonder if Capcom's gonna get much coin from it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Resident Evil Degeneration