Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

VB-SEO post links for non-standard post-per-page

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:46 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2008, 05:46 PM #1 of 2
VB-SEO post links for non-standard post-per-page

I've noticed that sometimes direct links to posts, in the form of, say, http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/be...tml#post486731 won't work. Of course this only happens if the number of posts reach a designated threshold of over 25.

It's not until after direct links were made by Shin and others under the Advent Day 2 thread did it 'click'. I'm using a non-standard view setting of 40 posts per page. Since the thread link generated by VB-SEO references both the page number and the thread, the link is broken for people like myself.

Fixing this is not terribly important, though it would definitely be helpful. Is there any possible way to remedy this, for example, by selectively disabling VB-SEO for the [permalink] link?

A related request - the bit that says Post #x [permalink] of y, has both x and permalink with the same hyperlink. Is it possible to make the x link point instead to "view single post"? The link is http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showpost.php?p=postnumber.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Dec 2, 2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:34 AM #2 of 2
I was using the non-standard for a while as well. But after giving links to people over and over and being told they don't work I switched to standard.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > VB-SEO post links for non-standard post-per-page