Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Shield

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:46 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2008, 12:46 AM #26 of 38
I didn't get to watch the last two episodes, but the last one that was on was pretty awesome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2008, 01:01 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2008, 01:01 PM #27 of 38
Spoiler:
Shane: "I'll be right back." (VRRRRRROOOOOOOOM goodbye)

Vic: "You'll just anchor me to my desk, so its kiss my ass time. Claudette: "MACKEY! you do not interfere with this case. You rogue out on this and go sideways like you did with lemanski, I'll lock your ass up so fast."

=0

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Oct 22, 2008 at 01:09 PM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2008, 04:26 PM #28 of 38
Spoiler:
Shane: "I'll be right back." (VRRRRRROOOOOOOOM goodbye)

Vic: "You'll just anchor me to my desk, so its kiss my ass time. Claudette: "MACKEY! you do not interfere with this case. You rogue out on this and go sideways like you did with lemanski, I'll lock your ass up so fast."

=0
Last night was easily in the top 5 of the series. This season started out a little slow but my god... It's just blowing me away.

5 episodes to go too... Last night would have served perfectly fine as a second-to-last episode, but jeez man, they still have a lot of ground to cover.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:48 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2008, 05:48 PM #29 of 38
I agree. Definitely the best episode so far this season, and definitely in the top 5 for the whole series. Hell, I'd say that just on the strength of the last five minutes alone, but the whole episode was was pretty fucking awesome. I hadn't been following how many epsides were left, so I'm surprised to hear there are so many left (in relation to where they are in the story), but that just means more time for rogue Mackey to be awesome.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2008, 04:37 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2008, 04:37 AM #30 of 38
Yeah the show just keeps getting better as we are coming to an end.

Spoiler:
Didn't see Vic taking immunity without Ronnie. He fucks up him and one more casualty in the ice chick who will likely be fired. For some reason, and I havent read spoilers nor do I want to know spoilers, I think Ronnie is going to kill Vic. It seems hard for me to believe and I don't know how, but I think he will. Even a crazier notion is that Claudette is so fucked up, she goes and kills him.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:54 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2008, 06:54 PM #31 of 38
Fuck yes last night's episode was so awesome. As far as drama goes, this was probably the best episode in the entire series. I mean, the show has always done a great job mixing action and drama, but the drama in particular in this episode was just so amazing, especially finally getting to hear Vic say all the dirty things he's done to someone who's not on the Strike Team.

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:36 PM #32 of 38
Last night was not only the best episode of the series but one of the best hours of television, ever.

The best part is, there's still no clear set-up for next week, but I have my ideas...

Spoiler:
Two different predictions for Vic/Ronnie:
1. Either they will both run for the hills at the end
or
2. Vic gets off scott-free and Ronnie gets tossed in jail

Shane will turn himself in in exchange for Maura and Jackson's safety.

Claudette will quit.

Dutch will get shot and possibly killed by the serial killing kid.

If Dutch bites it, Billings will run the barn. If not, Dutch will.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:00 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2008, 03:00 AM #33 of 38
Quote:
Last night was not only the best episode of the series but one of the best hours of television, ever.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I like how 99.0% of people with TV aren't watching the show that is clearly the top or in the top 3 best shows ever. You can put it past most cinema features too, it has been done so well.

How about that (vic laughing) "I was just too good" line, referring to acaveda, the barn, and Kavenaugh. Good stuff.
Spoiler:
and did anyone notice he threw Aceveda's name in there that HE KNEW HE KILLED TERRY CROWLEY. This is going to be equal to them concluding that Aceveda did nothing, and its gonna screw him over big time. This is just what I think anyway.

And Billings will NEVER ever get the barn again after the stunt he pulled.

I am going to be so sad when its all over.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Nov 20, 2008 at 03:02 AM.
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:37 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2008, 03:37 PM #34 of 38
I have high hopes for the finale after this week's episode. I just hope it doesn't end like The Wire did, where they wrapped up everything all in the last episode in a rush, which made it feel very unauthentic compared the super-realistic feel of every other episode in the series. But The Shield is been winding down for several episodes, so all long as they don't pack too much in, I think it will be great. But I'm very sad to see it go, it has been one of the best shows on tv for years.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:20 AM #35 of 38
The Shield is an amazing show. Last week was so great. I definitely agree it was one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen. Great action, great tension, great everything.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2008, 02:41 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2008, 02:41 AM #36 of 38
TODAY IS THE DAY BITCHES!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2008, 05:21 AM #37 of 38
Incredible finale. One of the best ever for sure. The best thing about it was that they didn't try to go over the top just to get it talked about. They ended it perfectly and suitably for each individual character. There were definitely some hard to watch moments emotionally in the finale for all characters.

Great end to a great series.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Shield