Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hyakko: 4girls1class

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:38 AM #1 of 12
Hyakko: 4girls1class

Oh for the love of god, why is the screenshot thread the only one used here. In the interest of (hopefully) revitalizing this oft-forgotten forum I'll make a thread for my favorite Fall '08 shows from top to bottom in hopes that you guys will do the same. COMMENCE~

SUMMARY:* On the first day of high school at Kamizono Academy, four girls meet each other while lost on the huge campus, and form a friendship. This story follows the daily school life of the four girls and their eclectic classmates.

In short, it's school slapstick comedy/slice of life show based around a gigantic private school that houses all grades.

CAST:

Ayumi Nonomura [VA: Aya Hirano ! (oh come on you know who she is)]
The quiet and shy one, she's the first character we get introduced to. Ayu plays the role of the cute one that stands around and tries to get everyone to play nice together. Usually seen hanging with Tatsuki. Hirano is so moe~.

Tatsuki Iizuka [VA: Michiko NEYA (Mao in FMP, Hawkeye in FMA)]
The ojou, Tatsuki comes from a very wealthy family. Uses "watakushi" a lot and doesn't exactly see eye to eye with Torako's constant wackiness. The prim and proper type, basically. When her patience runs out, hit the deck.

Torako Kageyama [VA: Fumiko ORIKASA (Miu in Ichigo Mashimaro, Seras in Hellsing, Shirley in Code Geass)]
The tiger girl, Torako is the energetic one, always looking for or causing trouble for someone else with her constant antics. A lot of the slapstick in the first few episodes comes from her, and Fumiko does a great job brining the character to life.

Suzume Saotome [VA: Yurika Ochiai (Konomi in To Heart 2 and Rara in Futakoi)]
Suzu for short, she's the strong silent type and usually sticks with Torako. She doesn't talk a lot, as Torako usually does the speaking for her. Suzu is apparently always hungry, half her thoughts center around the need to eat. Really good at sports.

Nene Ando - [VA: Masayo Fujita (Newcomer!)]
The class representative for class 1-6, she's got a very unique sense of fashion, and a real surprise for our four main girls. Featured in episode 3.

Chie Suzugasaki [VA: Yui HORIE ! (Hanyuu in Higurashi, Ayu in Kanon])
Another member of class 1-6, she's an aspiring engineer. Super cute glasses girl. Makes her appearance in episode 3.

Kyouichirou Amagasa [VA: Keiji Fujiwara ! (Ali Al-Saachez in Gundam 00, Aizawa in Death Note)]
The teacher of class 1-6. Educative guidance!

IMPRESSIONS: The animation (Nippon Animation) is pretty vanilla, but so far there haven't been a whole lot of QUALITY moments. The first episode starts off slow, introducing us to the four girls as they romp about the school trying to find their way to class. Think Sketchbook slow. The good news is the second episode starts the Torako madness and the third episode begins showing us the rest of their classmates, each of whom have their own little quirks.

It's definitely worth a look if slice of life is your thing. If the first two episodes don't do it for you, at least give it until the third. I guarantee you'll love that one.

Episode Listing
Static Subs
01: SD HD

Mayu-Genjo
01: SD HD
02: SD HD
03: SD HD
04: SD HD

*taken from ANN

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Oct 31, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:44 AM #2 of 12
I think they used Bond music for the first episode. (the girl band not the movie)
Checked out the first episode, reminded me a lot of minami-ke so I was a bit reluctant to check out the other episodes since it felt like I would just be watching the same show over again.
I did love the punch she delivered towards the teacher in the end of the episode XD
Guess I'll check out the other episodes if its one of those anime that need a second viewing before judgment.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:46 AM #3 of 12
Show is pure awesome. Episode 1 was kinda boring, episode 2 was pretty funny, episode 3 was nonstop laughs. Suzu and the class rep are the best characters in the whole show.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:47 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 10:47 PM #4 of 12
[22:40:20] <@SECRETSWORD-2> now go help me revive your dead ass forum

Oh god those are some horrible eyes. Even Akane-iro has better eyes than these monstro-- oh wait Michiko Neya is still alive, time to download

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:09 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 11:09 AM #5 of 12
I was about ready to drop this show after episode 3 because it just wasn't all that interesting. The show started as a mix of Hidamari Sketch and Ichigo Mashimaro with all the awesomeness removed.

Episode 1: Fairly boring. Only the falcon punch scene and the events leading up to it managed to get me to laugh. The rest of it was fairly cut and dry, partly because none of the girls could step up to Torako's level in such a way as to mesh well with her (this happened in Mashimaro as well).

Episode 2: It's one gag repeated over and over. PASS.

Episode 3: Here we go. You add some new characters with some interesting quirks to interact with the main cast, and suddenly, it becomes a whole lot more enjoyable. The events leading up to Nene Ando's BIG REVEAL got me to chuckle, but not quite to the extent to which Chie Suzugasaki managed to deliver. Maybe a meganekko voiced by Horie Yui has something to do with that

So yeah, thought I'd drop it by episode 3, but alas, I feel compelled to watch more in the hopes that they can redeem the first 2 episodes and then some. Episode 3 managed to clinch me and hopefully the rest of the cast will prove to be interesting. Better than just the 4 girls on their own imo.

I was speaking idiomatically.
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:18 AM #6 of 12
the ending of episode 3 had me on lol's. Mecha Tarako was simply priceless.
So yeah, this is a series that needs to sink into you but if you've had enough of this school life anime stuff then it might draw away from you. I may let a few episode pass and I'll get back at it in a few weeks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

New Record!
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:25 PM #7 of 12
Those of you still going along for the ride, episode 4 is out!

04: SD HD

Newcomer Koma Kobayashi, more Nene, and oh god Ayumi is so moe. I loved it, but then again you probably won't hear me say anything else about this series over its duration.

FELIPE NO

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2008, 08:29 PM #8 of 12
Episode 5 is out!

05: SD HD

Yankee-chan ep. So moe~~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2008, 03:42 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2008, 01:42 AM #9 of 12
Yeah, I don't think I can really keep up with this show anymore. The character interactions in episode 5 were just so bland that it became irritating and the timing of the comedy was so far off the mark that it simply wasn't funny. These problems, combined with the fact that I've recently picked up Toradora!, a school life comedy that has managed to deliver both in the character department as well as the comedy, means that Hyakko is but a shell compared to Toradora! As it stands, Hyakko will also invite far too many comparisons to other series that are just flat-out better and seeing that I have an unhealthy number of shows on my plate, Hyakko gets the axe.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2008, 07:33 AM #10 of 12
The fact that you're comparing Hyakko to your typical Rie show like Toradora hurts my soul. I've still yet to see what the big deal is over that, unless you're watching it specifically for Ami/Eri Kitamura who is god.

But to each their own, I guess.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:24 AM #11 of 12
More like Minorin rite.

I find the matter-of-fact way that jokes are delivered in this show to be incredibly funny, and I'm especially loving how the show focuses on more than just the main 4. It's also nice to have a comedy series that doesn't bank on pop culture references for most of its jokes, which seems to be a growing trend lately.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Taco; Nov 16, 2008 at 11:26 AM.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2008, 02:20 PM #12 of 12
so far I'm sticking with the show. Very funny scenes mainly with tarako once again in the newer episode.
I can see what zzeroparticle did though. I've done it before too with Hayate no Gotuko. I stopped watching that because Seto No hanayome was funnier and I dropped it to make room for a much better show ^^
I'm sticking with hyakko though, I don't have many others to watch at the moment anyway. Lot's of lesbian vibe coming from it as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

New Record!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Hyakko: 4girls1class