Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Best Team of characters EVER

Heisho-Ryuu
- Item 2 -

Member 2989

Level 14.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 02:31 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 02:31 AM #1 of 26
Best Team of characters EVER

To put it simple, which team of characters rocks your mind?

To state an example I'll put mine in this format:

Team: Star Fox Team
Members:Fox Mc Cloud, Peppy Hare, Falco Lombardi, Slippy Toad.
Reason:They are pretty much the right balanced team has Fox as the leader and hero, always caring about his teammates. Peppy the voice of reason and the one who gives support to Fox in the good ones and bad ones. Falco the rash and adventurer guy who always thinks he's the cool one and always trying to take a step head everybody and Slippy...well there's always a funny member that gets in trouble easily BUT in Slippy's case he has an ace in his sleeve because he is the engineer of team including in his creations the Land Master and The Blue Marine, also he makes the analysis of every monster/boss you wil encounter.

Now tell me yours...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

~ For Everlasting Peace... ~

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:32 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 02:32 PM #2 of 26
The team of Shenmue comes into my mind.
RYO.
REN.
Forgot the name of blue lady,the kid and the bike chick.

But the team was very good and it was always good to see them all acting together to help Ryu and bring Lun di down.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:32 AM #3 of 26
Originally Posted by Heisho-Ryuu
Team: Star Fox Team
Members:Fox Mc Cloud, Peppy Hare, Falco Lombardi, Slippy Toad.
You forgot the most recent addition to the team, Krystal.

Oh well. Anyways...

Team: Mega Man X, Zero and Axl

Reason: X and Zero are simply legendary, and Axl's rapid fire in X8 is a pretty handy tool. Granted, you can only have two of them at a time in that game, but the three of them in general as a team just rock. (No pun intended )

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Sexninja
But the team was very good and it was always good to see them all acting together to help Ryu and bring Lun di down.
Don't you mean 'Lan Di'? Then again, I haven't played Shenmue 2 but that's how it was pronounced in the first one.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Josiah; Mar 29, 2006 at 04:35 AM.
Zerod
The New Generation

Member 4348

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:11 PM #4 of 26
I'd go for the Rockman Zero Guardian Team minus Shadow, who blew himself up.

Reason: They are the ultimate group, always acting on strange whereabouts but always being a single cell. Harpuia is wise and thinks about most of the stuff, the blue girl which name slips of my head has the strategy to lure anything she wants, including Zero, in her grasp and Fefnir, the rash and destructive maniac who would go for anything just to destroy Zero.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

If you can't see the transparency, it's because you're using Internet Explorer.
The solution? Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/firefox
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:20 PM #5 of 26
I second the Star Fox team, that is, the team in SF and SF64. It was better when Peppy was in the Arwing instead of Krystal. I wish she'd disappear or something. You've got two good pilots, the one who gives all the advice, and the idiotic troublemaker. The fact he IS the engineer is the only reason to tolerate him. Fox is the best looking anthro fox I've seen in a game.

The young Peppy should make a comeback, but every single new game takes place in a future timeline. That sucks

I was speaking idiomatically.

jRev
XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG

Member 610

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 04:27 AM #6 of 26

COMMANDOS 2! Even better teamwork than Sly Cooper, and that's saying a lot.

Tread drives vehicles. Duke snipes. Lupin is fast and agile. Tiny is huge and deadly. Spooky wears disguises. Inferno makes things explode. Natasha wears disguises and snipes (but can't punch for shit). Fins swims and throws knives.

Not pictured is Whiskey the dog. He runs and barks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rain Sun Moon
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4223

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:59 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:59 PM #7 of 26
The team from FFVII Advent Children
Members: Cloud, Yuffie, Tifa, Barrett, Vincent, Cid, Red XIII, Cait Sith
Spoiler:
When they take out the big bahamut boss is why I chose them. That was some touching teamwork right there.

FELIPE NO
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:16 PM #8 of 26
Originally Posted by Rain Sun Moon
The team from FFVII Advent Children
Members: Cloud, Yuffie, Tifa, Barrett, Vincent, Cid, Red XIII, Cait Sith
Spoiler:
When they take out the big bahamut boss is why I chose them. That was some touching teamwork right there.
May the Gods of Originality cast fiery stones upon your home.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Overkill
Syklis Green

Member 1892

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:23 PM #9 of 26
Katamari Damacy. The team is The King of All Cosmos, and the Prince of All Cosmos.

The father/son bond is compelling, even saddening. Prince has to do all the rolling action, and what does the King of All Cosmos do? He uh... sits there on his throne, and fires laser eyes at the Prince whenever the Prince fails. Talk about harsh discipline for your kids. Then, when you meet the goals you've set out to meet, it's not good enough. Poor inadequate Prince.

Somehow the unequal division of work and the one-way treatment means BEST TEAM EVAR. Don't ask me how.

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:05 PM #10 of 26
Sad, but my MvC 2 scrub team: Sentinel, Cable, Capt Commando.

I used it for half a year, playing it whenever I had time in between classes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:26 PM #11 of 26
The best team are the Ghosts of Razgriz.

Can anyone confirm this fact.

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 02:30 AM #12 of 26
No one beats Otane and Oume Gouketsuji from Groove on Fight.

no one.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by evilboris; Mar 31, 2006 at 08:32 PM.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:22 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:22 PM #13 of 26
Magus, Frog, Crono.

There's no triple techs. But that's irrelevant, Magus' attacks alone with Frog and Crono's double techs more than make up for it. Oh, and everyone must use a haste helm, eliminating the need or use of Marle. It's only a few defense less than the Prism one.

Skwerl
Indigo 3

Member 200

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:45 PM #14 of 26
Megalith; Galm team > Razgriz. It is a fact, and you know it.

I fly under the code of knighthood. It's only natural since we are the descendants of the Belkan knights. We protect the meek and give our lives for honour, but that does not mean we are generous...since generosity would cost us our lives. If the pilot survived at the end of the war, he must've carried out these rules.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:19 PM #15 of 26
OOH Ume and Tane are sick!...Too bad they were separated in Matrimelee

My best team(s), evar, exist in the Wild Arms series:
WA1: Rudy, Jack, and Cecilia
WA3: Virginia, Gallows, Jet, and Clive
WA4: Jude, Yulie, Arnaud, Raquel

For people that started as total strangers, they all quickly became best friends and travelling companions. I don't know about Lilka, Brad and Ashley from WA2, but all of these groups displayed incredible teamwork.

The poster-worthy moment for teamwork was in WA4, at Illsveil:
Spoiler:
You fight Farmel, and after you beat her. She continues using her superior defense shield skills, but the group keeps plugging away. Jude, Raquel, Yulie, and Arnaud work in perfect spontaneous unison to bypass Farmel's triple counter with an impressive combination attack. Farmel loses and comments on how without total trust and coordination, the group would have failed to win.

Although, even further into the game (namely the last battle). They really drive the nail in to emphasize the solidarity of teamwork with the group's final technique:
Spoiler:
Four person technique: Arc Impulse.

FELIPE NO
CrimsonSerenade
Life is a game. Fight to see if you are worth it.

Member 3108

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:31 PM #16 of 26
Disgaea. Creating a rag-tag band of characters to take on Baal. Now that's an awesome team. Same can be said for the other NIS games.

Emergency Room: $800

Replacing a Glass Window: $1800

A New Jacket: $30

Having to tell everyone about me running through a window: Priceless.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:31 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:31 PM #17 of 26
Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle. Oh shit, son. Don't mess with the best.

I hear another awesome team is Team Awesome.

waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:04 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 01:04 AM #18 of 26
Shin Onimusha Dawn of Dreams

Team: Onimusha friends?
Members: Soki, Jubei, Ohatsu, Roberto, and Tenkai.
Reason: Talented people come together to stop Hideyoshi and the Genma. All of them with their own ambitions/missions/nemesis in the game. Soki with his broad swords, gifted with the power of Onimusha clan and is the terrifying Black Oni. Jubei Akane with her quick draw technique, the demon eye (which she is born with) and is the Yagyu clan's top skilled warrior (hence why she's gained the title Jubei). Ohatsu for her ranged attack with rifles/guns, training received from the Saiga clan (Magoichi himself), and is the niece of the great Nobunaga. Roberto a Spaniard for his brute force with fists and the new/unique style of combat for the series. Tenkai for his monk arts, skill with staves, and vast knowledge and history with the Genma (part of his secret identity).

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 03:01 AM #19 of 26
Originally Posted by Zerod
I'd go for the Rockman Zero Guardian Team minus Shadow, who blew himself up.

Reason: They are the ultimate group, always acting on strange whereabouts but always being a single cell. Harpuia is wise and thinks about most of the stuff, the blue girl which name slips of my head has the strategy to lure anything she wants, including Zero, in her grasp and Fefnir, the rash and destructive maniac who would go for anything just to destroy Zero.
Seconded. I was always disappointed Phantom was actually destroyed; he was the coolest one.

I liked the Guardian's ambiguous nature and respectful outlook toward Zero. They went beyond villains and became good characters as well as fun bosses.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:44 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 08:44 PM #20 of 26
Get to fuck. Star Wolf's team was way cooler than Star Fox's, especially that lizard thing. Not only did they fly cooler Arwings in Lylat Wars, they also had better sounding voices and took the piss out of you when they killed your team members.

"STUPID FROG, I AM THE GREAT LEON!"

Although saying that, the greatest team in the histroy of computer games was the Wildcats from Strike Commander. To continue to continue Stern's moral crusade so long after his death is highly comendable. That and Billy is funny as fuck.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 03:39 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 01:39 PM #21 of 26
Originally Posted by Newbie1234
Sad, but my MvC 2 scrub team: Sentinel, Cable, Capt Commando.

I used it for half a year, playing it whenever I had time in between classes.
Bitch. Jin/B.B. Hood/Tron Bonne FTW.

Seriously, my team nowadays is either Jin/Sentinel/Captain Commando, or Jin/Tron Bonne/random 3rd character.

S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 04:03 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 04:03 PM #22 of 26
Deus Ex:

JC Denton, Paul Denton, Alex Jacobson, Anna Navarre, Gunther Hermann, Jaime Reyes, Sam Carter...

Even though JC was mostly a one man killing machine, he couldn't have done anything without Jacobson keeping him updated, or his brother Paul letting him in on important information.
Spoiler:
And even though you eventually turn against Navarre and Hermann, they are awesome at first

Also, Jaime and Sam help you out alot in the course of the game and Jaime
Spoiler:
even defects from UNATCO to help you out later

Another great thing was how you could cheat Paul into doing all the work for you in the first level, by getting him to run out of the docks and kill all the NSF, that was a great way to go about things...

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
DeadHorse++
zzzzz,,,,,

Member 4447

Level 9.10

Apr 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 06:20 PM #23 of 26
I have to go with Virginia, Jet, Clive, Gallows. The heroes of Wild ARMs 3.

On a basic level, Virginia is the best all-around character, while Jet is quick and successive, Clive is precise and powerful, and Gallows is along the lines of a tank. But! Their individual special moves gives them just the right level of balance, and adds a strategic element to many battles

Of course, Maya, Alferd, Todd, and Shady were pretty damned cool, and would've rocked in their own Wild ARMs game. Even the enemies had good balance.

FELIPE NO
solid_snake
Chocobo

Member 3413

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:08 AM #24 of 26
STARS from the RESIDENT EVIL series.
awesome cuz they add style with action.

theyre just plain PERFECT.

Keep your friends close and your enemies....closer.
S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:40 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 08:40 AM #25 of 26
Not to mention the berettas they use are wicked sweet, downloaded the skin of that for the deagle in CS: S...

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Best Team of characters EVER