Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 04:07 PM #276 of 608
Oh my God, that 10 minute clip blew me away. The Patient Demon is awesome. Pyramid Head = total badass. They really nailed it I think. That clip removed all doubts I had. It's amazing how good they got the sets and demons to look without CGI. I was worried that they wouldn't look good, you can't really tell from the TV spot. The only real CGI in the movie seems to be the transitions into the otherworld. Now I can't wait for this movie!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

[ MOBIUS ]
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 03:30 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 12:30 PM #277 of 608
Extended, higher quality clip.

I was speaking idiomatically.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 03:26 PM #278 of 608
I put off watching the making-of until a higher quality version got put out, and lo and behold, Motsy linked to one.

I only have to say one thing: holy shit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 02:17 PM #279 of 608
Apparently FX will also show a Making of doc on Tuesday @ 7:30 PM. Don't know if it'll be the same or a new one.

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 05:21 PM #280 of 608
I dunno, I want to see that link, but I'm still worried it might give away too much of the story.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 02:31 PM #281 of 608
You've played SH1, haven't you? The movie's almost a complete retelling of that story.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:16 PM #282 of 608
Well yeah, but part of the fun is wondering what was altered, removed, or kept fully intact.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:26 PM #283 of 608
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I dunno, I want to see that link, but I'm still worried it might give away too much of the story.
I just watched it. It doesn't give much away. It's nothing you haven't seen in the game already. ^^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:08 PM #284 of 608
There was a new commercial that aired during tonight's America's Most Wanted. Well actually I'm not sure if it was new, but it did have a lot more monsters in it. My fears are slowly fading away.

I think I will give that link a look later, lights off and all.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 10:53 PM #285 of 608
Here are some links to download some even better quality versions of Starz on the set, "the making of Silent Hill".

This first one is 147 mb .divx version from some guy's mac homepage:
http://homepage.mac.com/matthewvern/FileSharing10.html

This one is a .avi version compressed from the first version to 96 mb, still the same resolution and still very good quality. Here are the Rapidshare and Megaupload links depending on which one you prefer using (both are annoying):

-Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.de/files/17526779/...ncode.avi.html

-Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38BJDHDH

This is a cool SH music video someone made from SH1-3:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Silent-Asyl...page=1&t=t&f=b
I like that song, does anyone have it?

[ MOBIUS ]
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:31 PM #286 of 608
Damn cool music video there.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:39 AM #287 of 608
You can find a downloadable version at AMV (animemusicvideos.org).

And yes, the 10 minute behind-the-scenes was good stuff. I'm still a bit iffy about the bits involving Rose's husband (showing anything from the "real" world just takes away some of the mystery and dread of the series), but the parts with Pyramid Head made me all giddy.

I also like how every single piece of music is from the games, and I could recall every single track and what game they're from.

I sort of wish they didn't give away the secret about the roaches though. That was creepy up close.

FELIPE NO
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 03:11 AM #288 of 608
Time to flood the internet with SH animated gifs!

Spoiler:

You can see the string! LOL. If you showed this to someone that didn't know it wasn't final they would think SH is going to be crap.

Larger 624 kb version here

I had to apply some Lossy to reduce the file sizes, and it just made them look more like Silent Hill! If you beat the internet you can unlock a hidden "remove noise" option!

Here's a Jacob's Ladder one I did a few months ago just for comparison:

[ MOBIUS ]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 02:24 AM #289 of 608
I seriously need to see that movie. I always hear how similar it is to the SH series, and that gif is like a mirror image. It's not an easy movie to find though, my Blockbuster certainly doesn't have it.

Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 02:39 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 05:09 AM #290 of 608
That's your problem right there: you went to Blockbuster. Blockbuster won't have Jacob's Ladder. If it's not on DVD and widely distributed, they don't want it. When I went looking for Jacob's Ladder, I eventually found it on VHS at Jumbo Video. A few of the older local-owned rental stores also had it on video. So my advice would be to stop by a few of those and hope for a stroke of luck.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:35 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 04:35 AM #291 of 608
I found it at my Blockbuster AND on DVD. That's where I was able to rip the scene that Mr. shakey head was in. That's the best scene in the movie, and it's ALOT like SH. The rest of the movie isn't so much like Silent Hill in terms of visual style. Really memorable part:

Spoiler:

(Fastened to operating table)
Jacob: "Get me outa here"
Doctor: "Where do you want to go?"
"Home"
"This is your home. You're dead"
"I'm not dead"
"What are you then?"
"I'm ALIVE!"
*NEEDLE!*

Infact I still have that scene. I'll upload it to Rapidshare for anyone that's interested:

Jacob's Ladder insane hospital scene

(sorry for the long file name, I converted it in a program that gave it a long name. It's a 50 mb quicktime .mov)
It's just the insane hospital scene. If you haven't seen the movie it may or may not be considered a spoiler. It's not so much a plot spoiler as you will have no idea what's going on (and everything leading up to it has nothing to do with it), but it's a sort of spoiler in the sense that it's the best part of the movie and the rest of the movie might seem a little boring or mild in comparison.

[ MOBIUS ]

Last edited by Mobius One; Apr 9, 2006 at 02:11 PM.
Terran Gell
Nurse Demon

Member 1265

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 02:44 AM #292 of 608
Ok, so what I've seen so far I can come up with this list of enemies:

Janitor
Grey Child
Red Pyramid (Pyramid Head)
Bubblehead Nurse
Roaches
(and from what I can detemine from above) Patient Demons

Have I missed anything or got anything wrong so far? I wonder if we'll see anymore of our fav monsters from the games.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:08 AM #293 of 608
I watched Jacob's Ladder on VHS. Were there any special features/deleted scenes on the dvd?

Jay
From Beyond

Member 1244

Level 16.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 07:37 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 01:37 PM #294 of 608
Originally Posted by xSummonerYUnax
I watched Jacob's Ladder on VHS. Were there any special features/deleted scenes on the dvd?
I imported the movie from the UK and my version only contains 1 extra, a trailer.
Not sure about other versions though.

Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 01:36 PM #295 of 608
Originally Posted by Mobius One
I found it at my Blockbuster AND on DVD. That's where I was able to rip the scene that Mr. shakey head was in.
Really? Either your Blockbuster sucks less than mine, or the DVD has gotten much more distribution in the years since I've watched it.

The crazy shaking thing makes for cool gif. The whole hospital scene was all kinds of awesome, easily the highlight of the movie.

Most amazing jew boots

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.

Last edited by Amanda; Apr 9, 2006 at 12:24 PM.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 02:16 AM #296 of 608
got mine at best buy for 10$ :P

FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:39 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 10:39 AM #297 of 608
The Blockbuster I worked at had a copy of Jacob's Ladder to rent. I recall recommending it to a few older customers (and once a teenaged punk rock couple who wanted something kind of different). I was surprised that every single one of them came back very pleased with the movie. Some even told me they would never have rented the movie otherwise.

But yeah, Amanda's right. Blockbuster wouldn't carry the movie for purchase. In fact, most wouldn't carry it for rental purposes either. It's not a very popular movie, and for that reason Blockbuster would sooner remove it to make room for a more popular title.

Mobius One, diggin' the SH gifs. Also glad to see a gif from Jacob's Ladder. You wouldn't happen to have one of the creep in the car near the beginning?

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 02:01 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 04:01 PM #298 of 608
Originally Posted by Mobius One
I found it at my Blockbuster AND on DVD. That's where I was able to rip the scene that Mr. shakey head was in. That's the best scene in the movie, and it's ALOT like SH. The rest of the movie isn't so much like Silent Hill in terms of visual style. Really memorable part:

(Fastened to operating table)
Jacob: "Get me outa here"
Doctor: "Where do you want to go?"
"Home"
"This is your home. You're dead"
"I'm not dead"
"What are you then?"
"I'm ALIVE!"
*NEEDLE!*

Infact I still have that scene. I'll upload it to Rapidshare for anyone that's interested:

Jacob's Ladder insane hospital scene

(sorry for the long file name, I converted it in a program that gave it a long name. It's a 50 mb quicktime .mov)
It's just the insane hospital scene. If you haven't seen the movie it may or may not be considered a spoiler. It's not so much a plot spoiler as you will have no idea what's going on (and everything leading up to it has nothing to do with it), but it's a sort of spoiler in the sense that it's the best part of the movie and the rest of the movie might seem a little boring or mild in comparison.

Could you spoiler that? This is the main surprise of the movie.

And I rented that movie at my Blockbuster a few years ago.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by SketchTheArtist; Apr 9, 2006 at 02:37 PM.
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 08:09 AM #299 of 608
Originally Posted by Emmanuel Lewis
The Blockbuster I worked at had a copy of Jacob's Ladder to rent. I recall recommending it to a few older customers (and once a teenaged punk rock couple who wanted something kind of different). I was surprised that every single one of them came back very pleased with the movie. Some even told me they would never have rented the movie otherwise.
Someone on gff a few years ago recomended the movie to me shortly after I saw donny darko. Its a great movie, and I also wouldn't have watched it otherwise.

Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
Could you spoiler that? This is the main surprise of the movie.
agreed, spoiler tags are great and should be used as needed :P

FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Casual_Otaku
Carob Nut

Member 3866

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:47 PM #300 of 608
Now that I've found out there's very little CGI in this film and that it's mostly make-up and prosthetics, my expectations have increased ten fold! Anyone know what the running length for this thing is? I'm hoping that it's around about the two hour mark...

Most amazing jew boots
I long for the day they develop a technology by which you can virtually plant a fist in someone's face over the internet. -FuzzyForeigner.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie