Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Career Choice

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:35 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 01:35 AM #26 of 33
I pretty much knew what I wanted to do since my freshman year of high school, and as time went on, I just got more specific; so I'm getting my BS Computer Engineering in a few months, a couple months off, then wark.

So, since I was young, I've always had a fascination with the computer. And then I taught myself programming in the sixth grade, though I still had aspirations to make my mark in the NBA. By my freshman year of high school, those dreams were shot down as they didn't want a sub-5-foot Asian running point for a competitive team. Their lost. I hated bio, so I knew I was avoiding a medical path. I loved chem and physics though... and of course computer science. So an engineer I became.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Angel
SaturnJune

Member 1633

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:14 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 04:14 PM #27 of 33
I never really knew what I wanted to do either. I studied graphic design and advertisement (and glass art) cause it seemed to be the most interesting thing to do at that moment. But I ended up working in something completely different. I think it's hard to decide what you're going to do for the rest of your life when you're so young. The thing is just choose something that you really like to do despite other people's expectations. I really enjoy my current job eventhough other people don't think it's good enough for me... but, hey, I like it and I'm happy. That's the only thing that matters to me.

Most amazing jew boots
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:22 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 08:22 AM #28 of 33
I've got good reading skills and I like reading too, so I've been thinking about either becoming a doctor or a scientist.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Aya
Merde!!

Member 252

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 10:53 PM #29 of 33
I graduated from school 3 years ago and I still have no idea what I really want to work with.
I've been doing internships every here and there..
I'm currently doing an internship as an art teacher at a local highschool.
And I've got to tell you..
I love this.
This might be the thing I've been looking for all along.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:00 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:00 AM #30 of 33
You could always do the military gig. If you are smart enough to get into one of their technical fields, most colleges offer credit for the training received besides the fact that while you are in the service you get 100% tuition assistance and when you finish your contract you are eligible for the GI bill. Besides, this way gives you life experience before you have to choose what field you want to pursue later in life.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:49 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:49 AM #31 of 33
If you've got any thoughts of becoming an engineer, start off on that track. It's easy to figure out if you want to stick with it early on and is easy to switch into any other major, though it's a lot more difficult to switch into engineering from other majors (as far as I know, most schools start their major-specific classes for engineering freshman/sophomore year).

Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
Where would a guy go if he is intent on being a lawyer? Also, are math and sciences a big thing in law like doctors?
If you're interested in patent law having a degree in some form of engineering is practically required, and lots of employers like science/engineering degrees because they tend to have more rigorous programs than a history or political science one.

If you're interested in med school you could always do biomedical engineering for your undergraduate work; I know a number of people doing that.

How ya doing, buddy?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 04:02 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 02:02 AM #32 of 33
I've always wanted to be a game designer, but kind of fell out of that as I got more into animation and 3D modeling. I find that alot more satisfying, and plus I just love cinema so I'm gonna major in general animation (3D and traditional) and I'm strongly considering going to the Vancouver Film School for that. I'm about ready to graduate in a couple semesters at my current school but don't feel adequete enough for a job. We'll just have to see though now won't we?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Career Choice