Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

How physical do you get when you play

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 03:40 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 02:40 AM #1 of 35
How physical do you get when you play

Do you jump when Mario jumps?
My dad used to use his foot to control old NES games. If Mario needed to get over a large gap my Dad'd foot would flail about in his chair.

Here's another example:

How ya doing, buddy?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 04:26 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 02:26 AM #2 of 35
I really don't get physical unless I start to get pissed...or if the game requires more physical activity than movement of thumbs.

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 04:29 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 07:29 PM #3 of 35
I'm the type that sort of just sits there like a zombie, except without the lust for brains, especially if I'm playing a generic action game. Also there's no fear of my hands falling off.

And I don't blame that girl for trying to breakdance, the chair looks pretty stupid!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 05:18 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 11:18 AM #4 of 35
I curse, scream and laugh, if that counts. I think that's pretty normal though. I don't do stuff like jumping in the couch. When I was a kid, I used to mimick moves in videogames (mortal mostly in fighting games) but even then i did not do it WHILE playing the game, just shadow boxing I guess.
I can sit in pretty unorthodox ways in my armchair when playing stuff on my PC, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 06:31 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 12:31 PM #5 of 35
I do the whole turning my arm wheni'm playing a racing game as if i'm actualy controlling it. That's about it really. I can't really get that physical with the games i play which are mostly RPG's. I'm not about to jump up and start waving the controller in the air when i attack or hold my hand up when i'm healing. I don't want to look like an idiot.

I do however start getting very violent if i start to get annoyed and i usualy end up throwing the controller across the room if it REALLY bugs me

I was speaking idiomatically.

Cheers B4!
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 08:21 AM #6 of 35
I'm embarrassed to say that I get pretty physical...sometimes. Like when I'm playing We Love Katamari, I find myself practically rolling all over the floor, leaning from side to side, straining forward when my time is about to run out, etc.

This isn't exactly an example of physicality, but still...when I used to play Diablo II I would talk out loud to the computer, saying things like, "Come here, you little bastards!" and "Now's your chance to retreat, bitch." Good times.

It's a good thing I played after the kids went to bed. =/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DarkChaos
D4RKCH405 @ G4M1NGF0RC3

Member 6024

Level 1.47

May 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 09:02 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 03:02 PM #7 of 35
If im driving and i turn a corner, I tilt to a side.

Most amazing jew boots
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 09:14 AM #8 of 35
Originally Posted by ComCrimson
I do however start getting very violent if i start to get annoyed and i usualy end up throwing the controller across the room if it REALLY bugs me
My little brother does the same thing. Followed along with screaming "You IDIOT!" He tends to move his upper torso in all directions when he plays and he moves his arms up and down sometimes when he's performing a jump off of the ropes on his wrestling game.

My dad doesn't get that physical with it. However, he moves his lower jaw up and down like a fish whenever he's concentrating, so he did it to Pokemon all the time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 10:44 AM #9 of 35
I tend to shift around at times. I'm not sure if it's for any particular reason, because oftentimes I'm not that conscious of it. It isn't anything like that girl in that chair up there, that's for sure. Aside from that, I think it's the occasional tilt of the head when I'm dodging something. And some little victory jig in the chair every now and then, heh.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 12:01 AM #10 of 35
Maybe it's just the people I play with but our Smash Bros games can get very animated. We will usually begin the amtch seated but everyone is standing and swiging their arms by the end, one match we ended up just fighting each other.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 11:05 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 06:05 PM #11 of 35
When there's a really intense fight I usually hold my breath and bite my lip.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 11:26 AM #12 of 35
I used to carry the NES controller over gaps in Mario Bros, like it would somehow help me make those jumps. Seriously, I used to have mad trouble understanding the concept of jump+forward in that game, as it was the first vide game I ever played.

But nowadays I'm pretty still when I play, unless I need to throw the controller at the television. I don't know what kind of glass they make television screens out of, but they need not ever change it.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 11:36 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 09:36 AM #13 of 35
Standing up and getting close to the TV is not uncommon for me when I'm getting close to death in a boss fight I've tried multiple times. When I lose at this point the controller is sometimes tossed across the room or I just drop it and fall backwards with a angry laugh.

Most amazing jew boots
jRev
XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG

Member 610

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 12:00 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 01:00 AM #14 of 35
Originally Posted by Eleo
I used to carry the NES controller over gaps in Mario Bros, like it would somehow help me make those jumps.
I did this too, along with most of my gamer friends and family at the time. Super Mario was the most popular game for swinging the controller around like an epileptic, but I also did it with Tetris when it got to level 8 or 9 or something.

No mad leg action though. I like to prop up my feet when I play.

I'm too anal about breaking things to throw my controller when I get pissed off, but I've occasionally flashed the finger at a particularly difficult boss after I finally defeat it. This, of course, along with the scariest, most metal look I could contort my face into. HNGUURRRR

Most amazing jew boots
goldeneye2131
Din, Farore, Nayru

Member 2134

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 12:43 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 11:43 AM #15 of 35
I haven't been a fan of throwing controllers or moving with the game, but when I'm playing Zelda or Goldeneye and I'm trying to look over something or peer out while sniping, my head will tend to rise as if I could actually see better over the crate or obstacle...

FELIPE NO
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 01:44 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 07:44 PM #16 of 35
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I'm embarrassed to say that I get pretty physical...sometimes. Like when I'm playing We Love Katamari, I find myself practically rolling all over the floor, leaning from side to side, straining forward when my time is about to run out, etc.
Katamari games get a physical reaction from me too. I tend to learn in the direction of the rolling of the ball. I also do this with racing games. However, those are the only genres that get that kind of reaction from me. The rest, I just sit there and play. I do however tend to give physical evidence of my nerves when I get to a part I've not beaten before in any game. My foot my start to twitch, or I might start to sit up further in the chair. That's about it though.

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 02:40 PM #17 of 35
Only my anger would make me move around during a game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 02:55 PM #18 of 35
I'm alike Infernal with the physical whatevers. I just don't do much but play. I sit there in one position, arched leaning towards the TV and play. Sometimes I will simply just readjust my sitting position for whatever comfort I need. But that's about it.

My brothers get REALLY physical. If they lose too many times, it's temper tantrum time!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 01:25 PM #19 of 35
I may stand up from my seat if I'm getting close to defeating a boss and I want to see something clearly. I tend to sit far from the television while playing games aside from fighters, but button-mashing games may require me to move around more.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 06:25 PM #20 of 35
My vocal cords get the most exercise with the screaming that goes on when I'm trying to get something but fail over and over again due to the initial difficulty of the task (eg. SFA3Max - World Tour Mode).

In RPGs especially, if I've seen the summon sequence or attack many times, then my arms will move around accordingly (eg. Disgaea's Tiger Lunge - I'll punch the air). Mind you, I don't stand up to do any of this; I just lay on the bed stationarily.

Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 06:45 PM #21 of 35
If the atmosphere/gameplay/overall situation is tense, then my body tenses up and I sometimes shift my upper torso around.

I also usually game by lying on the floor, which is rather uncomfortable (guess I need to buy a body pillow or a neck brace -_-;; ). Needless to say, I move around every now and then to get a more comfortable position.

In shooting and fighting games (shooting more than fighting though), I tend to duck and move my head around too X3;;

Fortunetly for my poor controller, I don't throw the controller if I get mad at the game (unlike this one guy at my dorm...sheesh, it's SO annoying!!)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:47 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 07:47 PM #22 of 35
I only curse, laugh or stomp my foot when I'm pissed. That's pretty much it. The worse I've ever done was smack myself for being stupid when the solution to something was so obvious.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
yangxu
Last Star

Member 972

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:52 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 04:52 PM #23 of 35
I bang my hand on the bed when I'm pissed... that's about it...

My body used to sway from left to right when I was 8 or 9 and was playing Mario (when he jumps over a huge gap), but other than that, I don't find myself getting too physical when I play video games.

FELIPE NO
S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 09:30 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 09:30 PM #24 of 35
I only get worked up when I do something that takes a really long time in a game, then fail, like crashing at the end of a halfhour race in NFSU and losing, that made me throw the controller at the wall, cause I SO had it, then I hit a wall head on and stopped dead, 10 feet from the end.

Also, Soul Calibur 3 has the power to piss me right off, when a button masher beats me (SC games are prone to such things), or the like. Or losing a map in Chronicles of the Sword right near the end.

Those things piss me off, and then I throw things or snap on family members if they tell me to calm down or they get mad at me for being mad over a game.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 08:33 PM #25 of 35
I don't really move from gameplay, except to adjust my position. I'm usually on the flo', just because since elementary school the floor has always been the most comfy place, like to do homework, to eat,to watch Power Rangers and X-Men and Saturday Morning cartoons, and also to play NES.

Depending on the game, I'll yell out stuff. If I'm playing something more competitive, I'll jump around or raise my fists like Michael Jordan and Rip Hamilton in this old Wizards poster.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > How physical do you get when you play