Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

DOS based programs crashing XP

A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 04:46 PM #1 of 5
DOS based programs crashing XP

I've recently started having issues with anything that uses DOS bringing on a bsod. It had been doing it off and on for about 4 months but now it's every time. I'm running XP professional and the computer is roughly 4 years old so I'm sure it's the thing just starting to act like a cranky old bastard but I still need to fix it.

Anyway it pops up a screen that says it has detected a problem and needs to restart to prevent damage. Underneath that it says page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and Stop 0x000000 (0xf647b4c1,oxoooooooo,0x8057da77,0x00000000.

If anyone has some insight into how to fix this problem without having a XP disk that would be extremely helpful.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!

Last edited by A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS; Sep 3, 2006 at 04:49 PM.
Citizen Mo
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12108

Level 1.00

Sep 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:49 PM #2 of 5
Are you trying to use really old DOS programs in WinXP? Things like maybe some really old but great games? heheh.

Or are these simply things that you run from the command line?
Start->Run->cmd.exe

Can you give me an example of what sort of program you're to run?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 01:56 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 02:56 PM #3 of 5
Try fiddling around with the program compatibility modes (right-click on executable, properties, and play)

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 10:18 AM #4 of 5
I have fiddled about with the compatibility modes. Not that I ever got that to let everything run but it didn't used to crash out like this either. As far as what I'm trying to run for the moment both the install program for Quest for Glory 1 and the actual program cardfile are doing it. I believe MOO2 is as well.. I recall other things causing this once or twice as well but I can't remember what.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!

Last edited by A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS; Sep 5, 2006 at 11:16 AM.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 08:33 PM #5 of 5
Why don't you try and run your DOS programs in an emulator like the popular DOSBox?

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > DOS based programs crashing XP