Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Problems with AIM

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:19 PM #1 of 5
Problems with AIM

With my mom not wanting us to use AOL anymore, I'm setting up my computer to allow me a decent online experience. PeoplePC does not have its own browser. Hence, I'm using Firefox. Without the AOL browser/application, I lack the usual method of using AIM. My brother (at least I will assume it was my brother) downloaded AIM Triton, which he had been using for AIM. However, he checked the "Remember Me" button. Now, after adding my account, only his buddy list displays, even though I'm logged in. I know I'm logged in because I've been able to IM a person. So far, I've only gotten my list to display after clicking "Sign Off," which is entirely useless. Is there some way to fix this?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:24 PM #2 of 5
Sign off and then uncheck auto-login.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:34 PM #3 of 5
That sounds like it might work. I'll try it in a few minutes.

Double Post:
It didn't work. Do I need to try to sign on as him and uncheck the "Remember Me" box?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Acro-nym; Apr 9, 2006 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 05:50 PM #4 of 5
Try going into preferences and unchecking "Start AIM when Windows starts" and "Auto login" in the Sign On/Off category. Also try unchecking the "Remember me" box if you want. If this doesn't solve your problem, then I'm not sure what to say. After reading your original post again, are you saying that even when you're signed in under your screen name, his buddy list still appears?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:35 PM #5 of 5
Yes, that was the case. However, through the combined efforts of my sister and myself (although I'm not really sure we did as much as what you've suggested so far), the problem has been averted. Thanks for assistance.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Problems with AIM