Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Signing credit cards

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2011, 03:44 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2011, 04:44 PM #1 of 22
The signature at the back of the credit card? Most likely the result of path dependence and inertia. Especially with RFID cards these days.

The situation that you described, of a cashier asking you to sign an unsigned card and the charge slip, and then studiously compared the two, happened to me twice before. When I pointed out that of course the signatures would match, the clerk would only mutter about rules being rules. I chalked that up to Singapore's educational and political system creating worker drones incapable of thinking outside the box. I am glad to be proven wrong - that this sort of thing happens in the United States as well.

As for signing the charge slips, that's so the bank has some sort of evidence if someone would dispute any charges.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Aug 14, 2011 at 08:01 AM.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:11 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2011, 12:11 PM #2 of 22
I don't have those newfangled RFID cards, but I thought you had to enter some kind of a PIN to authorize the transaction. Don't tell me the banks are saying, buy an RFID shielded wallet (or pouch) for your credit cards.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > [General Discussion] Signing credit cards