Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Help] PS3 won't save PSone

Averlus
Carob Nut

Member 1862

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:02 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2007, 09:02 PM #1 of 7
PS3 won't save PSone

My friend brought his PS3 over today and was playing Xenogears on it. When he tried to save, it said that no memory card was detected. We were under the impression the necessary utilities to for saving PSone games were already built-in, but that doesn't appear to be the case. We even went so far as to connect a PSone memory card to the memory card reader that you can plug in, but it still said that no memory card was detected.

Any solutions?

How ya doing, buddy?
Stupid GF crash. I lost my avatar, my sig, and my hard earned level 30 something level. Damn it all.
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:17 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2007, 11:17 PM #2 of 7
It's simple

- You must have a Memory Card Adaptor
- Insert your legacy Memory card into your Memory Card Adaptor
- Hook up the Memory Card adaptor to the USB port
- Follow the onscreen directions (or check PlayStation's Official Site for more assistance).

You can not have a "direct save". Where you insert your memory cards. You must have the Memory Card adaptor.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~

Last edited by Zeta26; Dec 26, 2007 at 02:19 AM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:24 AM #3 of 7
My friend brought his PS3 over today and was playing Xenogears on it. When he tried to save, it said that no memory card was detected. We were under the impression the necessary utilities to for saving PSone games were already built-in, but that doesn't appear to be the case. We even went so far as to connect a PSone memory card to the memory card reader that you can plug in, but it still said that no memory card was detected.

Any solutions?
You need to make a PS1 virtual memory card and then mount it.

1. Go to Games on the XMB
2. Go to Memory Card Utility
3. Click New Internal memory Card
4. Select PS1
5. Name it whatever the fuck you want
6. Once created, press Triangle When hovering over new PS1 memory card.
7. Assign it a Slot

It's simple

- You must have a Memory Card Adaptor
- Insert your legacy Memory card into your Memory Card Adaptor
- Hook up the Memory Card adaptor to the USB port
- Follow the onscreen directions (or check PlayStation's Official Site for more assistance).

You can not have a "direct save". Where you insert your memory cards. You must have the Memory Card adaptor.
The only use for the memory card adapter is to transfer over saves that are on a memory card and save the data on the PS3's hardware. Even if you use the adapter and import the date, you still won't be able to use it unless you mount it to a memory card slot like i explained above.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Iwata; Dec 26, 2007 at 02:26 AM.
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:24 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2007, 11:24 PM #4 of 7
Did you actually create the PS1 card on the hard drive then set the card to a slot in the XMB?

How ya doing, buddy?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:33 AM 2 #5 of 7
If you don't make a memory card in the XMB, you won't have a memory card to save in. Reading manuals and even playing around with the interface is fun. It helps you figure out what you're doing before you feel the need to post.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Averlus
Carob Nut

Member 1862

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:04 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2007, 10:04 PM #6 of 7
Thanks. I didn't know this stuff. It's my friend's PS3 and I guess he didn't set up a virtual memory card.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Stupid GF crash. I lost my avatar, my sig, and my hard earned level 30 something level. Damn it all.
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:30 PM Local time: Dec 26, 2007, 05:30 PM #7 of 7
Unfortunately, that's what you need to do. Because the card slots will only fit SD and Flash related Cards + Memory Stick cards. Plus that saving PS3 games are now HDD based (like with Wii, the original XBOX and 360).

FELIPE NO
~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Help] PS3 won't save PSone