Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 04:57 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 03:57 PM #1 of 9

So its about 4 weeks in now and I'm curious that it hasn't been brought up here yet.

Anybody taking a look at it and have any general opinions about what has happened (or not happened) so far?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:22 PM #2 of 9
52 is quite laughable. I honestly can't take it seriously. Heroes don't age in our time, mainly because some of their adventures (that can span just one day) take five issues to tell. Given the amount of adventures heroes face in comics in just one year of their lives, I find it quite hard to believe that, for some reason, the amount of adventures dropped quite significantly just because the Trinity left DC for a year (though Batman may have actually been in Gotham at least a little bit, or so the recent Spectre issue would have us believe). Then, there's the lack of explanation. But I won't dwell on that too much.

The reason this probably hasn't been brought up is for a number of reasons. First of all, this board seems rather Marvel-oriented. Just look at the proportion of Marvel to DC threads. Second, 52 isn't a good series (however, this option isn't good considering how we still talk about bad series like Infinite Crisis or a bady story like X-Men 3). Third, and I like this one the best, but 52 just isn't interesting enough. The One Year Later stories were, in a way, designed to not rely on anything that happened the previous year. As such, there's really nothing for a comics fan to take out of the series.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 03:34 PM #3 of 9
I haven't discussed it because it isn't that great. I'm really happy that I didn't waste cash on this series. There hasn't been much of interest happen yet.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Hybrid Hunter
Wark!

Member 937

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:09 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 02:09 AM #4 of 9
To me i'm finding it interesting, the first few issues are setting things up and more and more stuff is just gonna happen over the year. I'm just gonna enjoy it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:22 PM #5 of 9
I actually really enjoyed issue #5. There was just something about it that really grabbed my attention. It was no Civil War Frontline #1 though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 12:30 PM #6 of 9
I really wish the 52 team would do a little cross-checking with the other titles. I mean, The Question is protecting Gotham? Where's Harvey Dent? Wonder Girl said she was alone for a year, but, in 52, is with a whole group of people. {sigh}

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 08:45 PM #7 of 9
Why can't Harvey Dent and The Question protect Gotham simultaneously?

FELIPE NO

Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:10 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 11:10 PM #8 of 9
Are you this much of a fag in real life, Acro?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:34 AM #9 of 9
I'm not saying that they can't both be protecting Gotham. It just seems to me that, since Dent should be there, that there would be some mention of him. Maybe it's just me.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 52