Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Was that really me?

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:24 PM #1 of 12
Was that really me?

Last thursday, I was someone else. I was hilarious and was comfortable with myself. And then suddenly, I was with the two girls I like in the same room together. One left and then I fooled around with her, something I would never do.

It started, oddly, when I made a joke and everyone laughed. The feeling make my stomach feel weird... like an adrenaline rush. And the whole day, I was like that - I was funny as hell.

And now, I'm back to normal - lame and boring. =/

What happened to me? Has anyone experienced this... and how would I experience it again other than making another joke since I'm usually dull as hell & was one of a kind thing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:35 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:35 PM #2 of 12
I can relate to that. A couple years ago I went to a summer piano course in a remote place with people I didn't know, and somehow my shy and introverted self disappeared for a couple weeks. I socialized to the point of hooking up with a girl and having another hit on me, without even having to try. I always had people sitting at my table in the lunch room.

After the course was over I went back to being my old self for a time. But I've been gradually "improving" since, and tending to gradually go back to that state, social, outgoing and self-confident. Except permanently. It's called becoming what you want to be, and it's a lot easier when you've already experienced. It's taking time, but I know by boring/shy self from two years ago is mostly history now.

I haven't hooked up with a girl again since though. Well, actually I have, but it was the same one so it doesn't really count.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:32 PM #3 of 12
Hah! Yes, I remember reading that in your journal. And I hope you're right... if I am able to be like that pernamently, able to find that "me"... If not, I will be a very very depressed little boy.

And Face, I got one of the girls to like me by playing the piano... she randomly stepped in and we started conversing for about 40 mins. I was playing X-2 PC - Seals of the Wind. Play that, and you'll be fucking girls in due time!

Btw, when you were your alter-ego, did you have thier odd feeling in your gut?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:39 PM #4 of 12
Originally Posted by Sepharite
I got one of the girls to like me by playing the piano... she randomly stepped in and we started conversing for about 40 mins. I was playing X-2 PC - Seals of the Wind.
That is one of the reasons I love vg music.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:54 PM #5 of 12
Getting ass from playing VG music? Interesting..

The opposite happens to me. Normally I'm the outgoing, happy-go-lucky, sarcastic (though loveable) ass who asks all the wrong questions and knows a lot of dirty jokes.

On the otherhand, if I'm plopped in a new environment I turn into my introverted self. I'll be more cautious around folks I don't know and would rather wait for someone to approach me to get to know me better, when usually it's the other way around.

(Note: I used to play X2 all the time, where is the song "Seals of the Wind" featured?)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:06 PM #6 of 12
I tend to be the one who openly tells jokes and whatnot. I'm usually a very extroverted person. It just so happens that i have very few friends who are true introverts, many of which are funnier than me, or tend to know what to say more often or what have you, so despite the fact that i'm usually the one who will go out of his way to meet people and whatnot, i tend not to, because someone else has already done it.

This in turn almost pushes me back, so i tend to become a bit of an introvert against my will. Not that i can't talk to people and make them laugh, or how ever it is i'm trying to affect them, it's just that i'm not the centre of attention, as i often would like to be.

Looking at this i've learned that alot of how you act, despite who you are personality wise, is dependant on the people around you. If i'm in a room full of people that i've never met before, and they're in the same situation, i can find myself beside the other "comedians" in the room, joking, laughing, and talking with just about anyone, and going out of my way to get to know people and such.

In order to find answers to your question (you're looking for an answer right?) it's sort of imperative to look at who you normally hang out with, and compare your personality to other people's, what was different that night about the people you were with, where you were, etc...

Also the case may be that you're the type of person that you described as you normally being, but you were "on" that night. That happens to many people i know.

I would also say that the fact you were with the two girls you liked played a huge role in that. That alone can have a huge effect on how i act.

yeah.... i talk too much

EDITED: because i need a bigger vocabulary

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Helloween; Mar 5, 2006 at 06:44 PM.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:35 PM #7 of 12
My bad, I meant Wind Crest - Three Tails... how could I mix that out? Psh.

That day, I woke up more alert than usual... I had a broader perspective... I could actually think, which is a rare occasion.

And Helloween, I was with this hilarious friend of mine which I always nod and laugh when he tells a joke. But that Thursday, I could actually think of something hilarious and we laughed for 40 minutes. Or it could be the fact that we were watching Black History Month Assembly -- oh the potential racist jokes. XD But I wasn't with the usual people I usually hang out with though, which could have definatley made me felt different as I'm usually the quiet one in the group.

And I doubt the fact that I was with the two girls initiated it. I was already my "other" self... and then I invited one of them in the Auditorium with me (the one that likes me walked in on her own).

I miss Thursday... best day ever. =(

Most amazing jew boots

Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:02 AM #8 of 12
Originally Posted by Sepharite
Btw, when you were your alter-ego, did you have thier odd feeling in your gut?
No, but I sure got lots of boners!

How ya doing, buddy?

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:42 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:42 PM #9 of 12
I went through one of those back in Kindergarten, but unfortunately it never happened again, and introverted me won the battle.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kiri
Whatever happens, remember to protect me.

Member 1268

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 06:42 PM #10 of 12
Originally Posted by Plarom
Getting ass from playing VG music? Interesting..

Trust me, it could happen.

Anyways, Ryan I must say you've seem to keep occupied huh? You know some things only come out when something that triggers it is around you. These two girls you said you liked, did you feel something burning inside when you see them? That could explain the drastic change my friend.

Then again, can't say I've been in that situation. Best thing to do is find what you're comfortable with.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 06:59 PM #11 of 12
Those are butterflies in his stomach: A common occurance when you're excited or nervous about something.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:47 PM #12 of 12
No, I'm sure I was already my other-self before I was with the two girls. If I was myself, I doubt I would be with them in the first place. But nice to see you, James.

And I know what butterflies in the stomach feels like. That wasn't it. As if my adrenaline-gland was rushing like mad - making me think faster etc... I could literally feel my brain at ease and it felt odd, but nice. =/

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Was that really me?