Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Burnout Series Discussion Thread

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:28 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:28 PM #1 of 25
Burnout Series Discussion Thread

So, having played all Burnout games (1,2,3,Revenge), I can easily say that Burnout:Revenge is the most fascinating racing game ever, not just because of the action but also because of the graphics and the gameplay.

Among other titles release around the summer of 2005, Burnout Revenge is a knockout. The only other and final downfall of the game is that it's apparently very similar to the previous game in the series, Burnout 3. Burnout Revenge breaks from what standard racers have presented and zooms through traffic asking you to crash with you behind the wheel. Man, I couldn't be happier.

So what's your favorite Burnout game?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bloggs
Gold Chocobo

Member 501

Level 30.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:38 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:38 AM #2 of 25
My favourite Burnout game would be Burnout 3: Takedown. Although this had a lot of bad press about it because EA took over from making them, I thought EA did an astonishing job on it in terms of graphics and gameplay, although I don't really like the choice of music but it seems to fit in nicely with the speed of the game.

I haven't played Burnout: Revenge but I heard there wasn't a great differrence from Takedown, but then again how different are the Gran Turismo series from one another?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:43 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:43 AM #3 of 25
Umm...Burnout Revenge by far. Not to mention the only Burnout I've ever played. I'm really impressed with the gameplay and graphics though. I'm not a really big fan of racing but I just had to add this game to my collection.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:51 AM #4 of 25
Honestly, even though I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was, I LOVED Takedown and HATED Revenge. I guess since you can now obliterate any car you hit from behind, it took a lot of the danger and suspense out of the game, and cheapened the experience for me.

- WraithTwo -

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
watkinzez
Chocobo

Member 1040

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:07 PM #5 of 25
I played the original, loved it. Didn't think much could be improved.

Played the sequel, loved it even more. This time I didn't think they could do anything to improve the game.

Played Takedown, was blown away. The biggest improvement between incarnations of the series.

Decided that I'd call it a day before the series let me down. Which is why I haven't played Revenge, to end on a high note.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:18 PM #6 of 25
I can't decide between Takedown, and Revenge. I mean, both of these are just, amazing..

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Secret Singer
damn

Member 263

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:48 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:48 PM #7 of 25
I would like somone to put a finger as to why Revenge is not as good as Takedown. I have Burnout 2 and 3 and I am wondering about the bad press about 4 in this thread. I am not sure if I would consider buying 5, I am a poor basterd who has to save his nickels so he can buy AC6 anyway.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Secret Singer; Mar 4, 2006 at 11:51 PM.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:54 PM #8 of 25
I dunno what people have against Revenge. I can see people not liking being able to hit almost anything going in your flow of traffic, but I liked that. But I guess I'm just the fan for sensless crashing.

I've played 2, 3 and Revenge, and love all of them. They made arcade style racers and made them fun.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:09 PM #9 of 25
My favourite would probably have to be Burnout 3. Revenge is nice too, but I just prefer Takedown over Revenge. Of course, that might have something to do with playing more B3 over B4.

I'm not too keen on Revenge's longer loading times (they feel a bit longer for me) or the new wind factor in crash mode, but the new start system in crash mode is pretty fun. Being able to hit traffic from behind reduces some of the intensity, but I feel it produces a bit more fun occasionally. I still kind of prefer the intensity/danger of having to (or trying to) dodge every car in your way though.

If I played a bit more Revenge (HOLY SHIT GOOD IDEA) I might actually end up changing my opinion. I don't think anything will change my opinion of Revenge's sountrack though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:24 AM #10 of 25
takedown is the best for me, I was really expecting a lot about revenge but I doN,t know it was in a weird way less fun...

I doN't know why but I find that the "takedown" slow motion(when you crash another car) was really better then in revenge, I doN,t know why but i think the angle of view they took in burnout 3 are better then the one in revenge (in revenge they seem pretty far and not really long so you dont have time to enjoy the crash)

and yes now that you can hit the traffic, it's really less intense then in takedown, but the track design in revenge are really good.

How ya doing, buddy?
Scumbag Harry
Nuts of Lard

Member 1214

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:31 AM #11 of 25
I'd put Takedown over Revenge. The rubber band A.I is less noticable in races and traffic attack isn't half-bad but the overall package felt less polished than Burnout 3. Maybe it's because of those instances where my car went threw solid matter and straight into nothingness, wich can be helluva annoying during tight races, or the needlessly complicated menues. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I never did play 1 and 2. I hear it's quite a jump to back to the preceding games after having played Takedown.

Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 03:47 PM #12 of 25
Originally Posted by WraithTwo
Honestly, even though I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was, I LOVED Takedown and HATED Revenge. I guess since you can now obliterate any car you hit from behind, it took a lot of the danger and suspense out of the game, and cheapened the experience for me.

- WraithTwo -
Couldn't have said it better. I agree 100%. Takedown > Revenge.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 10:59 PM #13 of 25
I enjoyed Burnout 3 a lot. My brother and I played it everyday for over a month. Of course, it pissed our parents off in the long run, and we had to return the game back to my friend....

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:02 AM #14 of 25
I have to agree that Revenge so far is one of the best, I like the slightly improved graphics and I enjoyed the gameplay. But did noticed that it did get slightly easier, i remember having a harder time completing the mission on takedown then i did on Revenge.

Is it just me or did get easier?

How ya doing, buddy?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:39 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:39 PM #15 of 25
The most interesting thing about Burnout 2 was the airport course (I think it was Airport III) where the round records were below 0:30; I think I spent many many nights trying to break these records over and over again! ^^

Originally Posted by Furby
Is it just me or did get easier?
Well the fact that you cannot crash into vehicles that drive in your direction DOES make it easier, of course.

Most amazing jew boots
param
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2575

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:27 AM #16 of 25
well, i'm keeping my eye out for the new SpyHunter game. :juggler:

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:34 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 01:34 PM #17 of 25
Originally Posted by Musharraf
Well the fact that you cannot crash into vehicles that drive in your direction DOES make it easier, of course.
On the flipside, there is much MUCH more traffic in Revenge than there ever was in Takedown, and it's not like B3 was hard or anything. (Except maybe that one grand prix where you use the F1 vehicles. That was just hard because it was crazy fast though.)

The only thing Takedown really has over Revenge is the UI. For some reason they totally fucked that up in the latest installment. Other than that though, the new crash mode stuff in Revenge, along with the new harder to get signature takedowns, the trophy system, the really spiffy online (if you have the 360 version), and other such rad things really do make it a better package than B3.

And I like being able to hit traffic because traffic check takedowns are flat out THE SHIT. Nothing is funnier than sending a van flying into one of your opponents. And online, people get angry. It's generally pretty awesome.

ALso requesting this be moved into general since the series is multiplatform.

RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:31 AM #18 of 25
I play all Burnout games,but best one is Burnout 3:takedown,Burnout :Revenge is cool but is not better than Takedown.I think is harder race games to beat everything

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:30 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 05:30 PM #19 of 25
Is English your native langauge or not? I can understand if it isn't, but I must say I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "I think is harder..."

RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:23 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 04:23 AM #20 of 25
Originally Posted by JUST DECLARED WAR
Is English your native langauge or not? I can understand if it isn't, but I must say I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "I think is harder..."
I mean is hardest racing game I play right now.and sorry for bad english

Most amazing jew boots
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:43 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:43 AM #21 of 25
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
I still kind of prefer the intensity/danger of having to (or trying to) dodge every car in your way though.
Personally, this made Takedown quite more fun. I only played the demo of Revenge in a past issue of OPM and yeah, while Revenge is an all-out demolition crash course which you can hit everything and explode when you're chained down, Revenge has the thrill of swerving off cars, trying not to hit them in high speed while ramming on the sides of opponents. Basically it's an all-out demolition derby versus the thrill of going on high-end nitro without actually getting yourself damaged too much nor disturb the traffic flow.

But yes, I must admit, I am also having speculations whether I should get Revenge because I currently have Takedown.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 04:13 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 03:13 AM #22 of 25
It's just as intense as Takedown. The demo was iffy, and I originally didn't like it either, but the reinvented Crash mode is really interesting, along with all the other changes. You can't hit everything in Revenge either. Buses/large vehicles still kill you on the spot and smaller traffic can totally fuck you up if it goes flying into you, or something. (Traffic Checking takedowns are hilariously awesome.)

Ryu: Don't worry about it, I was just curious. Thanks for answering my question though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 04:51 AM #23 of 25
Since Burnout is on multiple platforms, I've moved this to General Gaming.

Carry on.

FELIPE NO
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 07:00 PM #24 of 25
Well-deserved *bump*

I picked up Burnout 3 some time ago and FINALLY got around to playing it a few days ago. I'm sorry I didn't play it earlier...I got hooked on the single event Road Rage before I started the meat of the game and unlocking everything. It's great stuff...Excellent handling for an arcade racer (something that keeps me away from so many various car games) and there's insane variety, between the crashing for points, racing and Road Rage. Just earning Takedowns (regardless of mode) is mad satisfying. I only have a handful of courses unlocked, but I still spent a good 3 hours in single event Road Rage last night. And I haven't even taken it online yet. Already one of my favorite games of all-time. And I still have Revenge to play through after this. Have to see which side I fall on after that.

One nitpick: The Xbox version is supposed to support custom soundtracks, but apparently, it's only limited to the songs selected for the game. Ah well, the songs they picked go well with the action anyway, so it's all good. I'm Just An Animal, C'mon and especially Hot Night Crash were all rather pleasant surprises as well, considering my personal vendetta against licensed music in games. Can't say there's anything else I'd listen to away from the game though, aside from the music where you get a new car.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:55 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 09:55 AM #25 of 25
I think the soundtrack was kinda lame this time (Burnout: Revenge), there were like three or four tracks I really enjoyed, the rest was just the usual shit. Takedown's soundtrack was just so much bettarrrrrrr!!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Burnout Series Discussion Thread