Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Battlefield 2

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 05:50 PM #51 of 674
http://bf2s.com/player/44053702/

I'm really not him, but I chose it for my nick.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:03 PM #52 of 674
Euroforce is out already? Man, I haven't been keeping up with BF2 news lately. I'm currently taking a break from playing it. I've played it so much that I want to now play other games for a bit.

I have no idea when I'm going to get Euroforce though. There are other games I want to get more first.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:30 PM #53 of 674
Yeah, looks like I gotta doublepost since nobody has been checking this thread out lately :(

Remember when I said I was taking a break from the game? After playing it a bit for the last several days, I now wonder what the hell I was thinking. BF2, just like any other game, has its faults and issues, but damn, it's a total blast to play. It's the most fun multi-player game I've ever played.

I just love those moments where everything goes your way and nothing the enemy does can take you down, such as the time I defended a base alone with nothing but the TOW, destroying every single car, chopper and tank in sight. I did so much damage that the other side got ticked off and started sending a bucketload of arty my way XD Despite that, I still came back to the base everytime to continue my rapage. You just gotta love moments like those.

Today I had a great round too in Operation Smoke Screen. I was also defending a base with a TOW, and even blew up a chopper with two people inside who came too close to me, ha! I'm the TOW master! I could've received the Vet ground defense badge if only I had the required amount of hours :(

I sure wish Special Forces was integrated into BF2. I'd LOVE to join servers with nothing but urban maps. I may be the only one who loves being infantry. That's why I love the city maps so much, along with Iron Gator.

I'm beginning to love Operation Smoke Screen. It's purely TOW heaven for me as it's an armour concentrated map. Next to infantry, I bloody love the TOW. I could spend hours just sitting there waiting. Great Wall is awesome as well. It reminds me of Gulf of Oman, which had put an equal emphasis on armour and infantry battles.

It sucks that Armoured Fury has no urban maps :( I thought it'd be cool if battles could take place in cities like San Fran.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 5, 2006 at 08:37 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:55 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 08:55 PM #54 of 674
Yeah I have the game working and we'll get Taco to get some of us together again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:05 PM #55 of 674
The problem is finding a time for all of us to get together at once. Thursday or Friday nights are the best for me, as I don't have work the next day. I have a 7am shift, you know :(

FELIPE NO
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 12:08 AM #56 of 674
Thursday! (After 10ish CST)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 01:55 PM #57 of 674
I should be up and ready friday in the veninig as I have a badass paper to write for tomorrow (1500 words to go and not even the book read!).

I agree with Wolfie, BF2 is badass fun with the squad and I am looking forward to play with Taco, Skexis and Wolfie very soon!

P.S: now I gotta save money for both SF expansion and Booster pack, because I just learned you can only unlock the other tier of weapons if you have them... And I wanted the P90 so badly for my Anti-Tank kit gahhhhhh

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:41 PM #58 of 674
You only need SF if you want the second tier weapons.

Although I have said Thursday and Fridays are the best times to get together and play, it's actually more complicated than that. The problem is my 7am shift. I am so used to sleeping at 10-11pm now that I do tend to get sleepy in that time period, even when it's my off-day. That might put a little crimp into our plans. I'll definitely try to stay awake, but sometimes it just doesn't work. I yawn so much that I give up and pack it in. Well, I'll see how tonight (or tomorrow) goes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 09:00 PM #59 of 674
Also, everyone that has it, let us know if you have Euro Force. I'd really like to play with some more GFF people, and more often too. Perhaps a #bf2 channel wouldn't be such a bad idea. I think it may work better as a hub for us rather than Xfire.

Oh shit.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:22 PM #60 of 674
I support a #bf2 channel, although I am on XFire every day.

I was hoping to play tonight with the gang, but uh, nobody was on :( I played by myself and racked a nice amount of points spamming the ammo bag in Karkand :D

How ya doing, buddy?
Loathor__Healer
Carob Nut

Member 1373

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:05 PM #61 of 674
Well, I play this game tons. But not online much becuase of my diaulup. Once I get cable sure thing.

I normally Play the Sniper Kit. Love it to death.

My FTP will Be Back Soon
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:11 PM #62 of 674
Whoo, someone replied!! Welcome to the club, Loathor__Healer. Get Cable ASAP hee hee!

Does anyone know when Armoured Fury is coming out? I guess there's no definite date yet. If they come out with an urban based booster pack, I'll be in heaven.

Anyone up for a game tomorrow night sometime??

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 20, 2006 at 10:13 PM.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 08:12 PM #63 of 674
I've just started playing BF2 vanilla since my friend sold me his discs for cheap. Hes kinda moved onto other things.

In anycase I'm really enjoying the game, although coming from CoD2 the whole BF2 system feels awkward. Your hits and you getting hit doesn't seem to register as much as they do in CoD2. But thats just stuff that wears out with time. Right now I'm just trying to learn the maps and how to stay alive. So far the vehicles are pretty neat, although I have yet to really master the chopper and the jet. I always either crash or I simply can't control the craft to line up my shot. So far my favorite kit is the Spec Ops, not as much armor but I tend to get killed so fast it doesn't matter anyways. Gotta love driving a buggy behind enemy lines, planting C4 on commander assets and sending them sky high. Of course booby trapping airplanes and the like are tons of fun too.

FELIPE NO
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:37 AM #64 of 674
Welcome, fellow new player!! Want to play with us tonight? Kamui and Taco's good to go, and Jinn may join us hopefully. I'm still looking for more. We are all on X-Fire.

Anyway, mastering the chopper and jet is really hard and takes a lot of practice. I can't be bothered so I never do any, haha. I love being infantry anyway. Have you found a map you've liked so far? Do you have any of the expansions?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 21, 2006 at 07:41 AM.
Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:43 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 07:43 AM #65 of 674
I'd be interested in joining a server with some members. My profile:
http://www.gameslave.co.uk/bfparser.cfm

I usually play spec ops, anti-tank, support, and sniper.

I'd be willing to play tonight. Send me a PM (or contact me through xfire- my username is "livinghairspring")

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Hush and Cool; Apr 21, 2006 at 10:37 AM.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:01 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 03:01 PM #66 of 674
I'll be up for a game tonight, but i'll have to install it again. I'll be on XFire. What time GMT?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:02 AM #67 of 674
Erm, we don't really have a definite time yet, but I'm thinking maybe 7 to 7:30 EST? I don't want to start playing too late into the night. I get sleepy around midnight, so that won't help the team any. What do you guys think?

If you guys have any questions, my X-Fire username is on the 1st page.

P.S. Do you guys know of any server that has both BF2 vanilla and Euro Force maps in their rotation?? I'd like to play servers that has both, so I won't need to DC all the time just to play different maps.

How ya doing, buddy?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:27 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 04:27 PM #68 of 674
Well the problem always is when I try and have a game with you guys that your all from the US, which means it's something like 4am my time. I'll be on about 9:00PM GMT, what time is that GMT, i'm not sure.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 12:10 PM #69 of 674
I'm out for the weekend, but hit me up Sunday night.

lukage86 on Xfire. Just be sure to send me a message for who you are, not just a invite for a friend.

KILL 'EM ALL!

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:15 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 05:15 PM #70 of 674
Originally Posted by a_ferret
Welcome, fellow new player!! Want to play with us tonight? Kamui and Taco's good to go, and Jinn may join us hopefully. I'm still looking for more. We are all on X-Fire.

Anyway, mastering the chopper and jet is really hard and takes a lot of practice. I can't be bothered so I never do any, haha. I love being infantry anyway. Have you found a map you've liked so far? Do you have any of the expansions?
So far I just like the maps that have copious amounts of aircraft so I can practice without seriously impairing my team. But so far I like Dragon Valley, all versions. As for expansions I plan on getting Special Forces when I can, although a lot of my friends tell me that its really nothing more than a BF2 mod in a box.

So far playing as just infantry can be fun, especially when you are on a deadbeat team who've been locked up in their uncappable base and you just sneak you way out on foot and cap some far away base, sometimes which helps turn the tide. But other than that the maps are so huge (even the 16 player versions) and vehicles s prominent there really is not much for an infantryman to do when a vehicle rolls around.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:53 PM #71 of 674
Lots of people hate Special Forces, but the maps are more infantry oriented, which is something I really enjoy. If you love Armour, then you may be interested in the two booster packs: Euro Force and Armoured Fury, especially Armoured Fury. They're more armour-centric.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who participated in tonight's game. Only Taco and Kamui were on hand, actually, and we had a blast. We were the best squad in every round we've played, save one. Great stuff. We started playing at close to 10pm EST.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 21, 2006 at 11:55 PM.
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:19 AM #72 of 674
So many people and yet so few participants, come on folks, join the GFF Squad and we can dominate the battlefield together >_>

Like said earlier, you can catch when someone from GFF, or a group, is playing by downloading Xfire and adding us into your list. Usually the way things works is whoever is online at around the time we meet will all join up into an Xfire chatroom. It makes it easier to communicate with each other, in-game and out. If you have a mic, or even dont and just want to listen, you can join into the TS server mentioned earlier. Once everyone is situated, we'll find a server and join into it. From there we dominate. Like Wolf said, we (Kamui, Wolf, I) played 5.5 rounds tonight. Our team won 4 of those rounds, and we got best squad twice. The .5? Everyone dropped out once Kubra Dam came up, Satans illegitimate child incarnated in the form of a map. Join up next time, because we rock >:)

Most amazing jew boots
Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 11:40 PM #73 of 674
Is anyone down for playing on saturday night?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:09 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 02:09 PM #74 of 674
I'd like to play tonight. I'm pretty much open for any time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Oh shit.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 07:36 PM #75 of 674
Jinn, Kamui and I played tonight for several rounds. We rocked as usual, until Jinn had to leave. Then we sucked. Well, we weren't horrible, but it wasn't anything to brag about either. We should have at least three people in all future gaming sessions to ensure that we show everyone else who's boss.

Unfortunately, since most lots of people don't have Special Forces or Euro Force yet, I've never yet been able to play those maps with GFFers. Iron Gator + Gffers would rock.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Battlefield 2