Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] AstroEmpires: Browser multiplayer strategy in space

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 03:25 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 04:25 AM #1 of 10
AstroEmpires: Browser multiplayer strategy in space

Think Ogame. Here's a screenshot:

For those who want to start out on equal footing with everyone else, sign up on the newly opened (as of May 21 2007) ceti server:

http://ceti.astroempires.com

Specify galaxy C08 as your starting point for some company

I'll post up some newbie instructions soon.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 03:38 PM #2 of 10
Intruiguing. I'll give it a whilr and see how it plays.

EDIT: 50 minutes real-time to build a structure? Man, I'll definitely have to multitask it.

Most amazing jew boots
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 04:08 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 05:08 AM #3 of 10
First the most important basics: how to starting building your base.

Your first immediate goal should be to obtain outpost ships and expand your empire. The minimum steps required are:

8 Research Labs with the following technologies:
-- Energy 8;
-- Stellar Drive 4 (prerequisite: Energy 6)
-- Warp Drive 1 (prerequisites: Stellar Drive 4 and Energy 8)
8 Shipyards

But before you rush to build 8 research labs, consider your base capacities. The numbers under "Processing capacity" on your planet information screen refer to how many credits you can burn in one hour for each category. I.e. if your construction capacity is 6, you will take one hour to build a 6-credit structure. Which means getting all required structures will take a long time. Likewise for production (building ships) and research.

Thankfully, there are structures which increase your processing capacities. You get Metal Refineries at the start. Build 3-4 of these first. The processing benefits per refinery is determined by the configuration of your planet, which depends on its type. Rocky and metallic planets get 3 metal, for instance. Also, while multiple structures affect construction and production, research labs are the only structures that increase research capacity.

(To check the structure/unit/tech list and prerequisites, click on the "Tables" link at the top)

Keep an eye on energy and population too. You'll need to build solar or gas plants to power your buildings. Which one you build is again determined by your planet type and position: whichever gives you more benefits (planets in the first column of the system map have the highest solar rating). If solar and gas are both equal, alternate them for efficiency. Population increase is determined by fertility -- planets in the 2nd and 3rd columns have a +1 boost to fertility. There's only one type of structure at this early stage that increases population anyway (urban structures), so build it whenever it's required.

Tip: research Computer to level 2 to unlock Robotic Factories, which give you a +2 production/construction boost. It's up to you where to schedule it.

Lastly, watch out for economy; you can't build and research without money, after all. Certain structures increase economy, such as metal refineries and shipyards. Spaceports give a +2 boost plus an extra interplanetary trading slot every 5 spaceports, so queue up 5 of them overnight. Your credit pool is incremented by your economy amount every hour. Try to balance your economy with your processing capacities so you don't end up hoarding money and unable to spend it, or perpetually strapped for cash.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 04:13 PM Local time: May 20, 2007, 10:13 PM #4 of 10
Sounds interesting, I'll give it a go.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 05:38 PM #5 of 10
Is there any way to see the various requirements for building structures and researching technologies, or do you pretty much have to rely on experimentation?

I ask because the FAQ assures me I can colonize other planets within a day of beginning, and I'm just not anywhere close--I hate to think what'll happen when my temporary invulnerability wears off.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 07:47 AM Local time: May 22, 2007, 08:47 PM #6 of 10
I mentioned it in my post, but to check the structure/unit/tech list and prerequisites, click on the "Tables" link at the top.

And it's almost impossible to finish your outpost ship within a day. Quickest anyone can manage is a day and a half, really. And that's only if you hit jackpot with your starting planet (rocky moon with 6 fertility, slot 2).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 05:19 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 11:19 PM #7 of 10
I somehow got invited to a guild. Any of you guys want in? They've given me recruitment ability.

FELIPE NO
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 06:47 PM #8 of 10
I've been invited to two, but neither has accepted me yet

Which did you join?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 10:36 AM Local time: May 23, 2007, 04:36 PM #9 of 10
I joined [UED], we've got 18 members so far.

United Earth Directorate.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 08:04 PM #10 of 10
Wow, it looks like the whole Ceti server crashed >_<;

EDIT:

Hosnap, never mind.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by orion_mk3; May 23, 2007 at 08:06 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] AstroEmpires: Browser multiplayer strategy in space