Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Anarchy Online

Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 05:59 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:59 PM #1 of 9
Anarchy Online

Just wondering is anyone of you play this game.
Post your character(s) and the server you play in if you do.

Here are the characters I usually play with: (Both on Rubi-Ka 2 server.)
Ingenjoer: Level 164 Nanomage Engineer
Taiel: Level 64 Nanomage Meta-physicist

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Bodomi; Aug 24, 2007 at 03:18 AM.
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:21 PM #2 of 9
I started over a year ago and didn't play much before quitting, but I recently renewed my interest in this game. My character is on the Rubi-Ka 2 server as well

Coeccias: Level 33 Solitus Martial Artist

Most amazing jew boots
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 11:01 PM #3 of 9
Level 33, eh?
Have you been in the temple of three winds? There are some book sections to collect there. 2 books total.
Those books give you attacks for martial artist. One of them gives you tree of enlightement (nice attack, some damage to an enemy and heal for you and your team if you have one) and other does ape fist of khalum. (not as good attack, does some damage to the enemy, and some chance to stun it. But from my experience it is not just too good compared to bird of prey.)
In other words, tree of enlightement is a must get, ape fist of khalum if you feel like it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Bodomi; May 12, 2006 at 04:03 PM.
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:07 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 02:07 PM #4 of 9
Besides the Temple, is there anywhere else worthwhile I can go at my current level? Everytime I go to the Temple, I get trained repeatedly and die often. I think I have the first two sections of each book, so I'll keep on going if only to get Tree of Enlightenment.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 11:16 PM #5 of 9
At that level, there is not much choice.
You either go to the temple or do missions. Missions are usually boring and repetitive, while the temple is 'fun' as you have to watch out for the training people...
I do have a level 60 enforcer. (max level to enter the temple) But I need to get her back in shape, she has no armor at the moment. When she does get the armor on, she'll kill pretty much anything in the temple, exept for two bosses, Lien and Uklesh.

So, call for either of my main characters if you need any assistance, I'll be happy to help.

I was speaking idiomatically.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:37 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 04:37 PM #6 of 9
I played AO at launch. Lol... I still remember getting 1 fph (one frame-per-hour) in Tir after creating my character just trying to get out of the city. What a nightmare... Anyways, I played a Fixer on RK2 for about half a year. Then, I quit and came back and played about another half a year. Got to about level 88 perhaps, I don't recall.

Some of the most amazing sights/experiences I've had in gaming were in AO. Watching the sunrise coming up over the shipwreck-strewn plains outside Old Athens, travelling through the Grid, running through the far north sector with my uber Fixxer-speed as giant sandworms exploded out of the ground to eat me... I also played a Meta-Physicist to 60 and saw the number of pets ramped up to 3. I loved the sheer insanity of having to summon/control 3 separate pets. Never a dull moment... The Yalmahas were insanely cool.

But then everyone carried shotguns. Even with around 200 different types of weapons, the only real useful one was a shotgun. Until that was nerfed, then everyone carried hammers. Even doctors. Great setting, interesting role-playing opportunities, but soooooo many problems...

With Grid Armor broken, no use for a Fixer in a group, and endless pointless mission-blitzing, I spent all my time posting in the Fixer lyrics thread on the official forums (they've probably been wiped several times since then). I left with the great Fixer exodus, broke my installation CD in half.

Then, there were two expansions released. There was a free 1 week trial so I thought why not. I installed the download and played around a bit... to find that they had drastically changed the start-up area. The previous start-up area with the l337's was what made AO stand out to me at first. So, that was a definite negative. Then I realized that they had completely changed the camera to make the screen cramped and navigation difficult. At launch, AO's camera was awesome. You could literally zoom all the way out to the moon above you until you couldn't even see your character anymore. I uninstalled the trial.

Still, the Fixer community on rk2 (they also had one on rk1) is still the best online role-playing community I've ever run across, by far. Nothing in WoW even came close... A lot of what was good about WoW was stolen from AO (and a lot of other mmorpg's, too. )...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 05:34 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:34 PM #7 of 9
Resurrected my first character ever, Bodomi. I got that character to level 96 before I gave up hope. I made a big mistake by not raising evade skills, which are very important for Martial Artist. (which my character was)
I won't make that mistake this time...
The character is level 16 at the moment, 2 Alien Levels from ICC Shuttleport, and getting 3rd Alien Level when I hit level 25.
This, of course is on Rubi-Ka 2 as well.

FELIPE NO
Bodomi
Perkele

Member 2202

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:17 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2007, 10:17 AM #8 of 9
I BUMP dead threads!

Upgraded to Lost Eden a while back. Liking it so far, the research lines are nice for twinking on even better gear.
Haven't participated in any of the PvP content of that expansion yet, and probably never will. PvP hater here...

They added some new armors (Miy's) on 17.5 patch that even players with free acounts can use, these armors are actually quite useful. Having Miy's Nano Armor Helmet on my Engineer now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Bodomi; Aug 25, 2007 at 10:19 AM.
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:55 AM #9 of 9
Whooooa. Gotta love dead threads!

I've been playing on a free account for about 2 months or so. This game has been enough to satiate my MMORPG addiction and I'll probably stick with it through the long run. I used to beta test this game yeeeears ago, back when Funcom was a terrible, terrible company. I'm happy to see the game is at least PLAYABLE now.

Name's Raashe and I'm a lvl 64 Agent!

If any of you guys are on, send me a whisper. I'll add the lot of you to my friend's list, too. Just say "I'm from GFF!"

How ya doing, buddy?

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Anarchy Online