Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Per person visible/invisible CJ entries

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 04:24 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 02:24 PM #1 of 29
Per person visible/invisible CJ entries

This might sound silly because I don't have a need for this, personally. :| Could there be a CJ feature that would allow the journal owner to make a specific entry invisible to certain members by entering their member number? Or, inversely, make an entry visible?

A way of preventing someone from reading an entry without downright banning them from the entire journal.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 04:58 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 10:58 PM #2 of 29
Why not just make it private? That way only people on your buddy list get to see it. If the person you are keeping secrets from is on your buddy list right now, you can always remove them. After all you can't be great buddies, right?

Unless you're planning their suprise party or something.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 05:18 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 03:18 PM #3 of 29
Could there be a CJ feature that would allow the journal owner to make a specific entry invisible to certain members by entering their member number?
E-FORT

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 05:02 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2007, 06:02 PM #4 of 29
I've already thought of this -- entry specific whitelists and blacklists. It's in the works.

It'll be good if, say, I give Denicalis a 5-day probation and he wants to slag me off in his journal, but doesn't want me to see it. Or, someone does an event through the journals and wants to include even members they hate.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:17 PM #5 of 29
Oh I can't wait for the drama.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:21 PM #6 of 29
No problem, I'll get my good buddy bigblah to narc on you.

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:45 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2007, 01:45 PM 1 #7 of 29
Sounds gay to me. If you want to write about people here behind their backs, either straight ban 'em, use Livejournal or some shit like that or best of all, grow some fucking bollocks, stop being such a pussy and tell them to their face.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 01:11 PM #8 of 29
Yeah, but it could also be a case of an entry not having to do with a person in particular, but moreso to avoid certain kinds of responses. I've thought about this too, and I know there would probably be times when you're simply not up for the standard "cheer up! " or random funny brainless comment you expect certain buddies might make. It's not like you can just delete a comment and thus "unread" it anyways. So preventative measures, while seeking certain responses should be a neat option to have.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:28 PM #9 of 29
Sounds gay to me. If you want to write about people here behind their backs, either straight ban 'em, use Livejournal or some shit like that or best of all, grow some fucking bollocks, stop being such a pussy and tell them to their face.
It honestly could be a feature used for more than high school drama.

I'm already thinking of the benefits it would serve for meet organizations, personal infos, and so on.

I'd love to see this feature! I think it has a lot of use, outside of the drama arena.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 05:56 PM #10 of 29
Giving out personal info works I guess, if you have the habit of making friends-only entries a lot on stupid shit that you don't care if I read for some reason, but you don't want me to know your phone number.

It probably wouldn't create a huge amount of drama but I think it will be used to that ends a lot more than updating Alice on your new digits*.

* 593-279-3382 call me k

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 08:20 PM #11 of 29
So you just don't like the idea of a friends only, single entry kind of thing, Devo?

Sometimes, there's sensitive information out there COMPLETELY unrelated to whatever bullshit drama is going on. Sensitive topics that people don't want others butting their noses into. I can imagine you understand that, yea?

Sure, I'm sure it will be used for drama too. But who the hell cares. You can't hunt every person down and murder them after talking about how they don't like you for whatever reason.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 09:04 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 07:04 PM #12 of 29
So you just don't like the idea of a friends only, single entry kind of thing, Devo?
Not to crap on the idea 'cause I don't really care either way, but isn't what you've just described exactly what a private entry is? A friends-only single entry?

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 09:21 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 09:21 PM #13 of 29
Not to crap on the idea 'cause I don't really care either way, but isn't what you've just described exactly what a private entry is? A friends-only single entry?
Well, not everyone on Sass's friends list is going to be participating in the meetups. So if she wants to make an entry about the meetup, she may as well be able to make it so that only people who are involved with it can read it.

So yeah, more exclusive, but for a reason.

How ya doing, buddy?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 09:52 PM #14 of 29
At the risk of creating drama, why is it that one of the most vocal opponents of the growing 'clique-iness' of GFF is hot for another level of friends-only journaling?

But if Blah's already got plans to do it, I don't really care. It'll be a feature I don't use, that's all. I just forsee drama regarding the use of this, that's all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 09:58 PM #15 of 29
At the risk of creating drama, why is it that one of the most vocal opponents of the growing 'clique-iness' of GFF is hot for another level of friends-only journaling?
Pffahahaha are you kidding, lurker.

We all know that there are cliques here. Ain't no denyin'.

But seriously. I haven't personally made any "HERE I AM TO BITCH ABOUT MEMBER X, BEHIND THEIR BACK" entries. I'm not quite that terrified of anyone on the internet.

I'm pretty sure all who are participating would likely say something straight out, too. Drama, you know. Good for business.

But seriously. Whats the fuckin' harm.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:05 PM 1 #16 of 29
Note I never said there weren't, just that you tend to complain about how unfair / immature / highschoolish all of it is. At least you have the good graces to not do it in the same post as trying to further enable that behavior.

But, since the guys who are too pussy to say in a public entry that, say, Render is a useless douche who has an over-inflated opinion of himself (for example) already have the reputation for such, so no one in this thread'll have additional hurt feelings.

I'm just saying that I follow a lot of livejournal drama, I've seen friends fall out due to friends-only antics. You should know by now I feed on that shit, so it ain't no skin off of my nose, and like I said blah was already planning something like this so it's not like he's being put out any.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:13 PM #17 of 29
I am thoroughly in favor of making entries which exclude specific individuals who would kill me after reading them, yeah

Most amazing jew boots
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:36 PM 2 #18 of 29
There seems to be little point in badmouthing someone when that person is unable to see and know about the insult.

"I SAID THINGS. DID YOU SEE?"
"No."
"OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T!!!"
"Umm, okay?"
"HAHAHA YOU'RE SUCH A POOTYHEAD!"
"I'm leaving."
"NO COME BACK! I'M NOT DONE DENYING YOU!"

Unless, of course, the purpose is to torment the person with the knowledge of unviewable entries. In this case, a ban from the entire Journal would be much more effective, I should think.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:33 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 08:33 PM #19 of 29
Some people think this feature will create more drama and make the community less friendly. That's not true, because you all already have the tools for drama at your disposal.

This will lend itself to much more esoteric applications, which more often than not will be relatively benign.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:22 PM #20 of 29
Well, somewhat similar I've always thought it would be cool if people could make completely private journal entries that only THEY can read like a real private journal/diary. Since no one but the entry creator can read the entry then it shouldn't be a problem.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:35 AM #21 of 29
notepad.txt

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 09:18 AM #22 of 29
lol yah, but what if they wanted to keep it on THE INTERNET on GFF more specifically

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:09 AM #23 of 29
Private Message Sender: AcerBandit
Private Message Receiver: Acerbandit

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 04:36 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 02:36 PM 1 #24 of 29
Or just be like lurks and me and not have any friends.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Per person visible/invisible CJ entries