Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Change in thread id?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 01:14 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 01:14 AM #1 of 6
Question Change in thread id?

Just to fill my curiousity, I just noticed it now that gamingforce's thread url returned to the usual vbulletin system (previously it's like http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/ge...ssion/asdf.php but now, it shows the thread id only)

It's not really important issue, but is this change permanent? honestly I feel more comfortable reading thread's url with complete name instead of 5 id number which usually leads to confusion. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Last edited by eriol33; Jul 24, 2007 at 10:32 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 01:45 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 11:45 AM #2 of 6
Yeah, if possible I'd like the old way back as well. It was nice being able to see what kind of random link I'm clicking on in chat.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 03:08 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 01:08 PM #3 of 6
This was part of the search engine optimization thingamapooper that bobo put on a while back. I remember there were some problems with member pages, viewing the first unread posts, domain redirects, but most were eventually ironed out, I think. And gamingforce.org/forums/game-circlejerks/9001-new-fire-emblem-niggers.html is infinitely more useful than gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9001. I don't really care about the SEO; well-designed URLs are a very good thing.

My problem with the SEO is that there was a link redirection thing with links in private forums where the board software would give a blank referer, which means that I couldn't make links to music in My Stuff and Audio Requests that would only work when followed from GFF. I know the reason: letting gamingforce.org/forums/my-stuff/35711-itt-we-hotlink.html show up in referer logs would expose the hidden forums, but I don't support the SEO unless the redirection can be turned off.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:59 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 09:59 PM #4 of 6
I support this if blah supports it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:15 PM #5 of 6
The only difference between the two is that the "nice names" way breaks multiple page thread links if someone* doesn't browse with 25 posts per page. If that got fixed with the "named" thread urls, then I wouldn't care if either is used.

* lookin' at you, deni.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Change in thread id?