Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Video Game Programs

Fenix
Banned

Member 26900

Level 3.93

Dec 2007

Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:43 AM #1 of 7
Video Game Programs

Hello everybody, I've been quite bored lately and looking for something to do with my time.

After discovering this crazyyyy game on 4chan (Ethnic Cleansing (computer game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia),
I got the idea to make a fps for fun. Supposedly the developers
(who are racist slime, but anyway) used a program that did all the coding for them.

So I ask you, does anyone know of a good program out there that can do this for me? I will spend a decent amount of money on it if It's expensive so that isn't a problem.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:56 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2007, 03:56 PM #2 of 7
1: Are you really going to put much effort into this, or are you just going to tool around with a software suite that inefficiently covers every single bit of coding for you and then realise you can't be bothered to actually do anything?

2: On that note: If you're looking to "make an fps for fun", then your concepts of "fun" and "making an fps" are pretty fucking askew. The very fact that you're asking means I can guarantee anything you do come up with will be unbalanced, unplayable and absolute shit.

If you're honestly intent on this, learn 3D modeling. Learn the fundamentals of game development. Don't bother with poxy "programs" that hold your hand while you take a piss.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alai
Exobiologist

Member 5523

Level 8.23

Apr 2006

Old Dec 9, 2007, 01:36 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2007, 01:36 PM #3 of 7
I did some digging around and found this:

FPS Creator ยป Welcome

It looks pretty interesting. I'm not sure how much it costs, I'm sure a little bit of reading and you would figure it out.

Good luck!

Man, I bet KrelEN is the life of the party! Lighten up dude. Sure, if you're serious then you should at least understand the programming behind the games. I think modeling may be a bit far fetched. There's lots of guys in the FPS dev business that don't know shit about modeling.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fenix
Banned

Member 26900

Level 3.93

Dec 2007

Old Dec 9, 2007, 02:14 PM #4 of 7
1: Are you really going to put much effort into this, or are you just going to tool around with a software suite that inefficiently covers every single bit of coding for you and then realise you can't be bothered to actually do anything?

2: On that note: If you're looking to "make an fps for fun", then your concepts of "fun" and "making an fps" are pretty fucking askew. The very fact that you're asking means I can guarantee anything you do come up with will be unbalanced, unplayable and absolute shit.

If you're honestly intent on this, learn 3D modeling. Learn the fundamentals of game development. Don't bother with poxy "programs" that hold your hand while you take a piss.
I'm not looking to put a ton of effort into it. I'm going to be studying computer art next semester, but don't know much about it right now. I basically just want to be creative and see what I can come up with. I'm not really doing it for the raw details of a game (like the art, music, programing), I just want to see if I can make a decent game if those tools were to be given to me.

@Alai, that definitly looks awesome, I'm looking into it some more, it looks nice for sure, graphics and such. I hope it's not too expensive, because that's basically exactly what I'm looking for.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, no?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2007, 02:16 PM #5 of 7
Well, if you actually scrolled right to the bottom of the page, you'd see it costs $49.99 :3

That program does look pretty cool, although I'm pretty uncreative when it comes to stuff like that. I wish you luck in your game making.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Freelance; Dec 9, 2007 at 02:18 PM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 9, 2007, 02:26 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2007, 07:26 PM #6 of 7
Originally Posted by Alai
There's lots of guys in the FPS dev business that don't know shit about modeling.
Yeah, but those people are also likely to have a studio with 3D artists at their disposal. This is a one-man project.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Krelian; Dec 9, 2007 at 02:39 PM.
Fenix
Banned

Member 26900

Level 3.93

Dec 2007

Old Dec 9, 2007, 03:16 PM #7 of 7
Well, if you actually scrolled right to the bottom of the page, you'd see it costs $49.99 :3

That program does look pretty cool, although I'm pretty uncreative when it comes to stuff like that. I wish you luck in your game making.
lol, yeah I notice that now, I went straight to the video tutorial. $50 isn't bad at all.

I know that in game design there are many people. Animators, concept artists, programmers, scripters, designers, level designers, musicians. Someone could defenitly work on a video game, an no nothing about art, or nothing about programming. Things work better like that anyway, specialized jobs and such.

But yeah, this is a one man job all the way =)

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Video Game Programs