Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What say you?
Do it myself because I am cool like that. 8 61.54%
Pay someone because I am a lazy pig. 3 23.08%
Have a mechanic friend who does it for free! (ie connected) 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Calling all mechanics

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:59 AM #1 of 13
Calling all mechanics

So while fixing a Toyota Corolla's starter today I was thinking, who at GFF actually does their own mechanical work on their vehical?

Are you willing to pay an arm and two legs to have your car repaired by someone else or do you just get the parts yourself and save 90% of what the other guy who didn't do it himself paid?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:17 PM #2 of 13
"Pay someone because I am a lazy pig."

Since when did mechanics become the hardworking foundation of civilization?
Most of the time people take their cars in to be fixed because they either don't have the proper tools to do it themselves, or the proper manuals.

You want to call someone a lazy pig, ask them how often they go to the buffet.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:20 PM #3 of 13
I heard Sassafrass is pretty good at fixing trucks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 07:41 AM #4 of 13
Originally Posted by Matt
"Pay someone because I am a lazy pig."

Since when did mechanics become the hardworking foundation of civilization?
Most of the time people take their cars in to be fixed because they either don't have the proper tools to do it themselves, or the proper manuals.

You want to call someone a lazy pig, ask them how often they go to the buffet.
It is a smartass poll, try not to take the internet TOO serious.

Eleo: I've never heard anything about sass and trucks. Where did this news flash come from?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
FLEX
Unavailable.

Member 2156

Level 9.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:31 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:31 PM #5 of 13
I pay a mechanic when:

a) I just don't have the time to fix it
b) I find that I don't have the proper equipment to fix it
c) The mechanical malady involves finding part of your crankshaft imbedded in a steel street pole.

Otherwise, I do try to do my own work to my car(s). Saves money and you gain experience from fixing your own ride.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:46 AM #6 of 13
Originally Posted by Gumby
Eleo: I've never heard anything about sass and trucks. Where did this news flash come from?
Yup, she works on her truck all day until she's covered in soot and grease, and then around 12PM Pang comes out with his apron on and a tray with a sandwich and a pitcher of lemonade.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:44 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:44 AM #7 of 13
I don't actually have a car at the moment (where I live there's just no need for one), but previously I did a mixture of paying for stuff and doing my own work with me dad in the case that it was something reasonably simple. I'm not stupid, but I'm no expert so if I can afford it I'll tend to pay for someone to sort those sort of things out.

FELIPE NO
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:40 AM #8 of 13
Originally Posted by Eleo
Yup, she works on her truck all day until she's covered in soot and grease, and then around 12PM Pang comes out with his apron on and a tray with a sandwich and a pitcher of lemonade.
I like how you're pretty much the culprit of all the gossip. $20 says this could would have believed you, too.

I work on my truck when it needs to be worked on. If I don't know something, I either look it up or ask my father. I won't let HIM do it for me because I need to know this shit. Especially when I have vowed to buy nothing but used vehicles for the rest of my life.

And yes, Pang is a pansy-ass. WE KNOW. THANK YOU.

Also, Zeph is a mechanic, if ever you're looking for one on the forums.

If there was one thing in the world I wish I could know everything about, it was mechanics involving motor vehicles. I could make so much money. ;_;

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:59 AM #9 of 13
Since I don't drive, I haven't done any mechanical work on a car yet, but give me a book or give me a part that comes with instructions, and I'll do fine. I have handyman genes.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
David4516
Second Child

Member 2016

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 07:40 PM #10 of 13
I do most of my own work on my cars. Last year I even put a new engine in one of them.

Sometimes I take my cars in to have the pros fix them though. Normally after I try and fail...

A few months ago I bought a 1978 VW, this thing is super-easy to work on. So far I've done all the work on it by myself...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
squirrelishere
i'm here again. quit breaking already ;_;

Member 799

Level 2.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:29 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 02:29 AM #11 of 13
Try to do most on my own. If it's under warranty, I don't mess with it, I'll let the dealer do it. Soon though, I will be doing it all myself. Slowly learning..

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 03:42 AM #12 of 13
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
I like how you're pretty much the culprit of all the gossip. $20 says this could would have believed you, too.

I work on my truck when it needs to be worked on. If I don't know something, I either look it up or ask my father. I won't let HIM do it for me because I need to know this shit. Especially when I have vowed to buy nothing but used vehicles for the rest of my life.

And yes, Pang is a pansy-ass. WE KNOW. THANK YOU.

Also, Zeph is a mechanic, if ever you're looking for one on the forums.

If there was one thing in the world I wish I could know everything about, it was mechanics involving motor vehicles. I could make so much money. ;_;
Sassicus, you take me way too seriously.

Also, I thought it was lolworthy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 04:34 AM #13 of 13
Originally Posted by David4516
I do most of my own work on my cars. Last year I even put a new engine in one of them.

Sometimes I take my cars in to have the pros fix them though. Normally after I try and fail...

A few months ago I bought a 1978 VW, this thing is super-easy to work on. So far I've done all the work on it by myself...
I've known a few people who have owned old VW bugs and other than the short life of the engine (air cooling for you) they have had nothing except praise for their VW. Besides those things are built like tanks.

Originally Posted by squirrelishere
Try to do most on my own. If it's under warranty, I don't mess with it, I'll let the dealer do it. Soon though, I will be doing it all myself. Slowly learning..
None of my cars have ever been new enough to be under warranty. Why not just sell the car when the warranty runs out and get something else so you don't have to worry about working on the car? Then again this assumes that you can afford to replace your car ever 4 - 10 years (depending on the warranty)

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Calling all mechanics