Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 07:15 AM #1 of 557
We actually got a Wii U and this yesterday so I'll be completely awful but I'm down. This Saturday is a bit rough for me as well with SDQ2014 and CEO so this one may or may not happen but I'm down in general. I'll also have to see if i have a mic for my laptop, honestly not sure if I do or not. Haven't used skype in years and years, worse case I could hop into chat or something I guess?

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 08:02 PM #2 of 557
It's MrDaravon. Is your Nintendo Network ID name what your online tag is for the Wii U? I got it all set up last night and online and linked to my NNID which I had already created on 3DS, but I wasn't sure if the Wii U still had friend codes or whatever. Given that it took over an hour to download the required system updated when I first booted the system I'm not making any assumptions about how Nintendo still operates on the internet.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2014, 07:13 AM #3 of 557
Okay, when I get home tonight I'll add some folks then.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:12 AM #4 of 557
Philia is so mean D:

Today specifically is just awkward since it's CEO 2014 which is the last big tournament before Evo in a few weeks. Fighting game tournaments are the only competitive thing I really watch, so this is equivalent to playoff action today for me. That said I can probably hop on for at least a while, I'd mainly just want to catch the special events happening tonight at CEO which start at like 9 or 10 pm (4-5 hours after the proposed Mario Kart start time). Right at this moment I'm in the last dungeon in Persona 4 so I'm gonna try to wrap this up, then I'll get the Wii U situated and add some folks. Outside of the basic system setup and playing like 4 rounds of Mario Kart we still haven't touched the system, so expect us to be terrible. I'll have to move the laptop into the living room and see if I can get skype setup, I don't even have it installed on this machine. Worse case we can hop into chat I guess.

Related, is buying a Wii U Pro Controller worth it? We have the regular Wii Pro Controller, is it worth the additional expense? $50 for the Wii U one is a big jump in cost over the regular Wii one.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 28, 2014 at 11:14 AM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:38 PM #5 of 557
To be clear it wouldn't be just for Mario Kart specifically, was asking for general purposes. I wasn't sure if there were new buttons that maybe just are completely not on the Wii one. In that case I'll leave it for now, I could see myself maybe picking one up for Bayonetta 2 or something though.

Also setting up all the Wii U stuff, goddamn the interface and finding out where shit is and how to navigate it is a goddamn mess. I'm sure it's a non-issue after a bit, but goddamn. It's also completely ridiculous how you have to launch Wii stuff through a separate Wii mode, which also means you have to deal with all the regular Wii pointer and menu jank. Right now I'm trying to download some Wii VC games I had codes for from old Club Nintendo stuff that I've been sitting on until we got a Wii U since we haven't had a Wii in forever (Mario RPG, etc) and I'd forgotten what a complete fucking wreck the Wii shop was with timeouts, being slow as shit, etc.

Good news is I beat Persona 4 (fucking finally, that game has been backlog white whale for nearly 6 years), and I'm getting the Wii U stuff taken care of right now then I'll see if I can get Skype on this. The audio/physical setup is going to maybe be a challenge though, we'll see.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 02:33 PM #6 of 557
Okay, I'm all set up and I added you on Skype Omagnus. As full disclosure I've used Skype twice in my entire life and not in probably at least 3-4 years. I also had a ton of problems getting my mic working with it properly, so I expect that side of things to be a potential shitshow and/or not working on our end, but we'll see how it goes. Philia gets off at 5 when this is supposed to start, I'll probably meet her when she gets off and I'm not sure if we're going to eat or anything first, so I'd expect us to be on anywhere from like 5:15-5:45? I honestly don't remember, if I can't get the mic stuff working on our end do group Skype calls have a text chat as well? Absolute worst case we'd be able to hear you guys and I could type if needed, and then over this coming week I'll try to get this set up properly if there is a problem.

I also sent friends request to everyone in the OP that had their NNID listed. This is the first Mario Kart I've played outside of one or two rounds of Wii/DS MK in over 10 years and I don't know if Angel's ever really played, so this ought to be a good time all around for us LOL. This seems like a cool idea for a weekly thing though and Philia seems to be down for playing so unless one of us is working we'll probably be able to make most of these, thanks for setting it up.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 04:54 PM #7 of 557
We just got home and are eating, should be on in ~10-15 minutes.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 05:30 PM #8 of 557
No worries, timing was weird on our part today. Also just as well, gives us a week to actually play the game for more than 10 minutes and maybe not be completely terrible at it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:23 AM #9 of 557
Yeah, I was like oh they're probably having to remake the lobby or something.....oh.

It's fine though, we got on super late and we just played Mario U afterwards so it's all good.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2014, 07:39 PM #10 of 557
I'm 50/50 for this weekend. Following weekend definitely not as it's EVO weekend, but then most of my Saturdays should be clear for a good while after that.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:11 AM #11 of 557
Fantastic that these are being saved/streamed! As I mentioned before I will definitely be a no-show this coming Saturday (Evo weekend, Angel may or may not play though depending on what her schedule is), but after that I should be free for all these afterwards for the foreseeable future.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:37 AM #12 of 557
It's 5-7pm Eastern, not Pacific.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:58 PM #13 of 557
I'm so salty I keep missing these because I either forget or we've got work/errands (like today). Someone text me next week before it starts so I can remember and make an effort to get on. We've still only played the game for like 15 goddamn minutes

I also need to get my headset figured out on this laptop, have weird inconsistent problems with it. This does seem way better being on the skype call.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2014, 06:30 AM #14 of 557
It does but my phone sucks and I can't make the calendar sound not the same notification sound as everything else on my phone that goes off all the time which I tend to ignore now, texts come in with something different.

If Tails or Skills loved me they would text me~

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:48 AM #15 of 557
Skills says he's going to text me and I think I just got my mic setup on this laptop after being lazy about it for months. I should be good to go this Saturday barring anything crazy and unforeseen.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2014, 03:58 PM #16 of 557
Gotta run across the street real quick (gotta go fast?), I should be on in 20-30 minutes, may or may not have skype in that room setup in time though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2014, 06:03 PM 1 #17 of 557
I usually have to pay good money to get that kind of ass fucking.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2014, 06:15 PM #18 of 557
To be fair on most races I was usually within a screen of one or more players most of the race and at the end. Once I had done a course once I wasn't really fucking up or falling off ledges or whatever, I just wasn't doing AS good as everyone, and in a full lobby someone's got to come in last.

I really need to do all of the cup stuff to unlock everything, I don't even have like 75% of the courses unlocked. Also have zero idea who I should be playing or with what kart stuff, I just picked Daisy and her default stuff.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2014, 06:32 PM #19 of 557
Next week I'm gonna sandbag even harder and just blast Sandstorm on the call the whole time.

Additional Spam:
I just beat all of the cups on 50CC. Playing on my own and getting a feel for all of the courses as well as getting to mess around with different characters/parts is a huge help. Gonna keep playing it this week. I think I can not get last place next week!

Also I like how there's a ton of amazing stages in the game I never saw because you fuckers kept picking the music stage, what the fuck is wrong with you.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Aug 23, 2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:00 PM #20 of 557
Mad about losing no. Mad about the fucking music stage, kinda? Nothing compared to Omagnus raging at moo for betraying him repeatedly (which was hilarious).

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:14 PM #21 of 557
So is that the reason you guys keep picking that level, he hates it? I'm not a big fan myself, but it's pretty whatever. It's also fairly short.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:23 PM #22 of 557
Skimming through some of those I'm realizing that you guys are right, Omangus is very angry a lot of the time.

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:42 PM #23 of 557
Clearly this week I need to play as Baby Rosalina.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:33 PM #24 of 557
Incorrect. 'Mad' sure, 'irked' perhaps, but never angry. If I was angry I would not have continued playing. If it ever made me actually angry I would not bother coming back.

And it's real easy to be irked a lot of the time when you're continually getting hit by your team mates. Because Mo0 and nutty are terrible.
Yeah, to be clear I think pretty much everyone (including me) is joking about people being mad. Irritated sure, but I don't think anyone is actually getting legit mad here. This was the most fun I've had playing games in months.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:07 PM #25 of 557
Nah, if we want to talk about me being confirmed mad let's talk about me playing Ranked in Ultra tonight. Holy fuck.

Tags
"AHH EAT" - Mo0, "Did you know... waves are a type of fungus." -Qwarky, "Gentry Twin Powers Activate. Form of whatever nutty is doing.", "Get out of my head Tumblr", "Hey; Teddy Grahams!", "I counted to two too fast." - Mo0, "I fell off the fuck" - Mo0, "I got first that one time." - SuperSonic, "I think BZ's my spirit animal now." - Dave, "I'm always nine months pregnant." - Dave, "If dicks tasted like these enchiladas I'd eat dicks every day" - Daravon, "If I can't have fifth place; no one will!" - Daravon, "It came off your butt! I saw it!" - Skills, "It's peanut butter egg time", "My driver's drunk" - Acer, "Please do not hit me with the red shell Daravon oh god damn it", "Pretty sure it's all dick no matter which part you freeze it on." - Tails, "Red team drownin' us in dicks." "YOU'RE the Red Team!", "There is only victory for Cat Peach!" - Tails, "This game and its items." - AcerBandit, "This is not the road." - Daravon, "We are Daisy. We are Legion.", "What am I even being-" - Mo0, "What happened to you Skills?" "YOU SHOT ME THREE TIMES" "Oh right", "You're either racing or you're dead.", 100 Years of Taco, 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park., 2007 Miami Dolphins, 2Spooky4Me, 4 out of 6 people asked for this, 5G Internet, Accidental Spooky, ALL GOLD EVERYTHING, Ambient Anger Noises, Angry About Being Accused of Team Killing, Angry About Bodies of Water, Angry About Counting, Angry About Dolphins, Angry About Mount Wario, Angry About Team Killing, awake apnea, Baby Cup, Banatrix, BILL ME LATER, Blue Brigade, Blue Dynasty, Bullet Bill DLC, Bullet Bill Erryday, Bullshit regular Peach, But who was wagon?, Butterscotch DLC, Butterscotch Pudding, CHz is bullshit, Communist Manifesto, Contract Dong, Countably Infinite Gentrys, counting to 2, Cusim Krap, Daravon: Archracist of Gamingforce, DAVE WHY, Dickspin.jpg, Did You Know, DIVORCE GAME, dolphins, Dongforce, ENEMIES EVERYWHERE, Eternally Fifth, Expand Dong, Foreground Anger Noises, Gentron, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, GET IN THE DOME, GET SPOOKY, Good Talk, Grumble Something, Half Music Park Cup, Ice Cream Epiphany, infectious Gentryism, Infinity Gauntlet of Bullshit Items, inopportune cats, Item Fucking, Konkey Dong, Koopa Cup, Lemony Fresh, Libertarian Kart, Lore, Mad Mad Farm, MadAlert Bracelet, Madic Park, Maditoba, Mario Kart 8 Featuring Peyton Manning, Master Dong, McCarthy Kart, Mennobot, MOO STAGE, Music Park Cup, Music Park Cup Mk II, No One Asked For This, nutty's gonna take you to the Sylvan Learning Center, Oakland Raiders, One Lap Alliance, origin stories, Origin Story, preemptively mad, prehensile folds, pretzels, Red Menace, Red Team = Nerds, Robokart, ROYALTY SON, RULES OF PRINCESS, Shy Guy Cup, so mad, Son of Bitch, SPECIAL DELIVERY, Squizz, Still better than Q, strangling a duck, Sudden Mii Regret, Team Baby Daisy, Team Enemywealth, Team No York, That UK Shit, the best princess, The Fifth Gentry, The Tiny Left Space, The Unattainable Doughnut, THERE ARE 39 OTHER TRACKS, Throbbing Around the World in 80 Days, Toad Apartheid, two heads of setphones, Yoshi Cup

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.