Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

How to Flirt?

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:29 AM #1 of 17
How to Flirt?

Everytime I meet a girl, and we become very "fond" of eachother but I end up just being a nice guy. I never flirt - I just fool/joke around (like an asshole, perhaps). I just met this new girl and we've been hanging around a lot this week and I think I might like her. Of course, there are different approaches to being flirtatious but what would you do? How can I become more than just a friend?

And no, I'm not some sex maniac, if you're wondering. =)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 11:36 PM #2 of 17
Well, being the nice guy is no way to do it. You need to learn to exude a little sexuality, mate. Go take some latin dancing, learn to talk a half-step closer to her, let your hand trail on her back for just a moment longer than is normal when you walk past her. There's a myriad of little things. My personal favourite is taking the opportunity to get close. Teaching her how to play poker, chess, something, lean over her shoulder and get your lips near her ear as you're looking at her cards/pieces. When you talk, the breath hits her ear. Fuck, just make yourself obvious. Women don't want a pussy. Except a_lurker and Jessy, obviously.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:38 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 10:38 PM #3 of 17
It's not like being romantic is like waving a magic wand and all you have to do is find the wand. It just happens. Either you know how to do it or you don't.

What am I doing, posting in this thread. I don't understand people who aren't able to make people fall in love with them at will. >_o

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 09:39 PM #4 of 17
Since she probably already has a boyfriend, challenge him to mortal kombat. The winner takes the girl!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
There was a foxy here It's gone now
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 12:10 AM #5 of 17
Remember guy, it's all about confidence. You're the best looking and most charming guy in the world {we all that is inaccurate, because in actuality I am the best looking, more charming guy in the world, but she's never met me and so she doesn't know this}. Keep this in mind if you feel your confidence level slipping.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 12:12 AM #6 of 17
Originally Posted by russ
Remember guy, it's all about confidence. You're the best looking and most charming guy in the world {we all that is inaccurate, because in actuality I am the best looking, more charming guy in the world, but she's never met me and so she doesn't know this}. Keep this in mind if you feel your confidence level slipping.
Russ means SECOND most attractive man. He has sideburns, whereas I clearly have a beard. PWNAGE.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 12:43 AM #7 of 17
Try to use the words she says in a clever way, you don't have to make a direct approach keeping a low profile is good as long as you can always end a sentence with a clever, well, pun.

FELIPE NO

SMX
Chocobo

Member 103

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 09:52 AM #8 of 17
Touch her, frequently.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:00 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 09:00 AM #9 of 17
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Russ means SECOND most attractive man. He has sideburns, whereas I clearly have a beard. PWNAGE.
Yeah ok Gimli, if you say so.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:19 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 12:19 AM #10 of 17
Make her get you a beer from the fridge and then ask her for a root.
Works everytime. B)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:02 PM #11 of 17
Some of this worries me, but some of it is very good. I think it depends on what she likes. If she likes humor, then the joking around could be good enough if accompanied by something such as, "By the way, there's this movie coming out that's suppose to be funny, do you want to go see it this Saturday?" That way, it's sort of no pressure and it leaves you open for an escape such as, "I just meant going there as friends" if she is worried about getting into a relationship.

Women are very unique and complicated, which is why the comment about touching her a lot is sort of iffy. To some women, it's a turn on. To others, they may be tempted to pull out the pepper spray and scream "Fire!" Brushing against her or hand/shoulder touches could be fine b/c you can play that off as flirty or as an accident.

I could go into more details if I knew more about what kind of person she is.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
SMX
Chocobo

Member 103

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:33 PM #12 of 17
Originally Posted by Visavi
Some of this worries me, but some of it is very good. I think it depends on what she likes. If she likes humor, then the joking around could be good enough if accompanied by something such as, "By the way, there's this movie coming out that's suppose to be funny, do you want to go see it this Saturday?" That way, it's sort of no pressure and it leaves you open for an escape such as, "I just meant going there as friends" if she is worried about getting into a relationship.
The problem with this is that 90% of the time it sticks you in the friend zone. If a woman is hesitant about getting involved with someone, it's usually because:

1. They like them, but only platonically.
2. Some major shit went down that scared her from relationship for the time being.

Either way, as a guy, you're going to get stuck as a friend, and there's usually little you can do to change her perception about that. You can stick around, somewhat, in case she actually does change her perception. But actively going after her is dumb because you'll only waste you time, money, patience, and probably just reinforce her platonic perception of you.

Touching doesn’t have to be groping, either. It means doing whatever is physically necessary to make her mind associate you with physical/sexual aggression. If she rejects this idea, the guy was doomed from the start. If she accepts it, it’ll help out, as long as you’re good at judging an appropriate limit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:35 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 07:35 PM #13 of 17
Originally Posted by Sepharite
I never flirt - I just fool/joke around (like an asshole, perhaps).
Isn't that what flirting is? Unless you're being too much of an asshole/too childish about it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:38 PM #14 of 17
Originally Posted by Aardark
Isn't that what flirting is? Unless you're being too much of an asshole/too childish about it.
In my opinion it would be, unless the girl is stereotypically gothic and depressive, then she might find it to be more annoying.

Edit: I found this link that might help you a little (however, I wouldn't recommend #5): http://msn.match.com/msn/article.asp...uid=6&GT1=7964

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog

Last edited by Visavi; Apr 30, 2006 at 11:59 AM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 01:59 PM #15 of 17
Being self-confident to the point of arrogance is the way to go. It gets people's attention and makes you more memorable to all the coy, nice-guys out there.

Also, learn to dance properly and smile all the time. Girls much prefer friendly approachable looking arrogant bastards to sultry and mean looking wusses.

Also, don't ever grow facial hair, it makes you look like a gay or a tramp or possibly both in Denicalis' case.

How ya doing, buddy?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: May 6, 2006, 03:47 PM #16 of 17
Make almost blalant comments or hints that you want some. And then laugh it as a joke (but not as much as to say maybe I'm not joking).

In a nutshell, be a smooth criminal.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 02:10 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 01:10 AM #17 of 17
Originally Posted by Shin
Being self-confident to the point of arrogance is the way to go. It gets people's attention and makes you more memorable to all the coy, nice-guys out there.

Also, learn to dance properly and smile all the time. Girls much prefer friendly approachable looking arrogant bastards to sultry and mean looking wusses.

Also, don't ever grow facial hair, it makes you look like a gay or a tramp or possibly both in Denicalis' case.
Can we just make out and end all this sexual tension already?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > How to Flirt?