Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

weight loss diet

Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:49 AM #1 of 39
weight loss diet

what do you guys think is the best way to lose weight by changing what you eat?

like should i eat less, lss fats, less carbs, less fruits, more fruits?

i dont know

are things like peaches, cheese, french bread, wine, pastas, apricots, rice, green beans, and similar things god to eat?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:58 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 03:58 PM #2 of 39
You don't lose weight by changing what you eat; you lose weight by consuming fewer calories than you expend.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:03 AM #3 of 39
I agree with Aardork.

What I'm currently doing is trying to make a "lifestyle change"; diets do not work!!! Depressing, but true. In my eating disorders class, we learned that 95% of people who lose weight by dieting gain it back within 2 years. And 98% gain it back eventually. If you're gonna make a change, it's gotta be for life.

That being said, I'm trying to learn how to eat fewer calories. I really really think people eat more calories than they realize. Keep careful track of your calories for the next few days, then see how many you need to cut out to be at 2,000 (or whatever your specific need is). I'm currently keeping my calories between 1650 and 2100 per day, and I'm very very slowly losing weight (probably about 1 pound per week).

But losing weight slowly is good. The slower it comes off, the slower it'll come back! It may take me a year or more to get to my desired weight, but once I'm there, I'm there!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:27 AM #4 of 39
Originally Posted by blue
I'm currently keeping my calories between 1650 and 2100 per day, and I'm very very slowly losing weight (probably about 1 pound per week).
Wow - really? What are you doing to keep from getting hungry but yet maintaining a <2000 calorie diet?

I'd love to know, because I could probably use a life style change. My diet usually consists of red meat and coffee.

Do you have to put up with the bullshit of eating rice cakes and shit like that? I just LOVE food too much to be able to sacrifice taste. ;_;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bredow
Banned

Member 2835

Level 10.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:39 AM #5 of 39
is the taller you are and more muscle you have have to do with the amount of calories you can eat?

i cant see a 4 foot girl eating the same amount as a 6 foot guy to los the same weight...

im 6'5 and got a lot of muscle....i just have a tummy that i want to slice off

How ya doing, buddy?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:41 AM #6 of 39
I changed my diet, because I decided I wasn't going to be 193 pounds anymore (at 5'7").

I normally consumed between (estimated) 2,500 - 3,500 calories a day. Fast food almost every day, lots of snacks/deserts, etc...

For the past 3 months, my diet has been 1,000 - 1,500 calories a day. Usually a Lean Cuisine meal for lunch, maybe a 100 calorie snack pack, fruits or vegetables, then about 400/500 calories from a healthy fast food dinner (or homemade).

By "healthy fast food" I mean ordering:

TACO BELL
----------
1 Ranchero Chicken Taco (Fresco Style) Cal: 170, Fat: 4g
1 Beef Crunchy Taco (Fresco Style) Cal: 150, Fat: 7g
1 Grilled Steak Soft Taco (Fresco Style) Cal: 170, Fat: 5g
TOTAL: 490 calories, 16 grams of fat

This fills you up like nobody's business. Plus, it's still less calories and fat than a single Big Mac (560 cal, 30 fat), and you get a lot of protein. Fresco Style means they replace the cheese/sour cream/sauce with "fresco salsa," which is tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Very refreshing, especially when they put on a lot.

WENDY'S:
Side Salad with Fat-Free French Dressing Cal: 110, Fat: 0g
Small Chili Cal: 220, Fat: 6g
TOTAL: 330 calories, 6 grams of fat

And I don't even use all the dressing on the salad, so it's less than that.

By making use of the nutritional calculators on these fast food websites, you can actually make yourself a healthy meal (however, most of their items will be restricted from your diet). I still can't eat anything from McDonald's or Burger King (and truth be told, I haven't had a hamburger in about 2 months), but this Taco Bell option is damn good, so I'm happy with that.

Good luck with your lifestyle change, it's worked for me and I've lost 45 pounds so far.

EDIT: As for not getting hungry...

At the beginning of the change, I was still hungry, and it takes willpower to overcome that. The urge to eat was a habit for me (I was bored, I would pick up a donut, etc...). After about a few days or the first week, I no longer had a real hunger drive. Right now I could probably go a full day without eating, and I wouldn't even notice it. Your stomach shrinks and you become accustomed to healthy food. Now you don't have so much sugar and salt coming into your system, and you aren't craving your next fix.

A lot of this is psychological, too. What I did at the beginning of my diet change was look at all of the fast food nutritional calculators. This will scare the shit out of you. To see how much empty calories and fats you normally consume from a standard burger, fries, and coke is incredible. It got me off normal fast food for a long, long time.

BTW, I also take a few vitamin supplements:
1 One-A-Day for Men
1 Vitamin C
2 Super Omega-3
1 Vitamin E

This is just so that I'm guaranteed to get some necessary nutrition daily.

And I really recommend buying some of the 100 calorie snack packs to replace a normal snack. If you pace yourself, a single bag lasts you as long as any other snack (since you get like 15-20 pieces in each bag, depending on what type it is). Sometimes I take 2 bags to the movies instead of other snacks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by JazzFlight; Aug 24, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:01 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 05:01 PM #7 of 39
Originally Posted by Bredow
is the taller you are and more muscle you have have to do with the amount of calories you can eat?
Of course. The taller you are (well, the more you weigh), the more calories your body burns just to maintain its normal state.

Originally Posted by Bredow
im 6'5 and got a lot of muscle....i just have a tummy that i want to slice off
If you don't want to lose your muscle, don't eat less. You'll start losing the muscle before the fat. Just do more cardio; run for twenty minutes in the mornings, or something like that. Then again, specifics depend on how large your ''tummy'' is.

FELIPE NO
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Aug 24, 2006 at 10:54 AM.
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:16 AM #8 of 39
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Wow - really? What are you doing to keep from getting hungry but yet maintaining a <2000 calorie diet?

I'd love to know, because I could probably use a life style change. My diet usually consists of red meat and coffee.

Do you have to put up with the bullshit of eating rice cakes and shit like that? I just LOVE food too much to be able to sacrifice taste. ;_;
TRUST ME, I struggle with this stuff too. I'm convinced that I must have an amazing metabolism, because I was definitely eating about 4,000 cal/day... I have a food fetish.

Now you might not like to hear this, but... try the sugar-free foods. I know, I know, I balked at the idea at first, too. Like diet soda? Took some getting used to. That stuff is nasty when you first drink it. But honestly, it took me less than a week, and then I was fine with it. Switching to diet soda alone helped me cut out about 600 cal/day. Just try it for a week, and if you still hate it, you can go back to regular... if you drink soda at all.

Some sugar-free foods are pretty good. There are these really good chocolate-mint cookies at publix that are sugar-free... they still have calories, but not as many as your average cookie. Sugar-free jell-o is quite good, too; most people say it tastes like regular jell-o. My newest discovery is hot tea, which is zero calories (the peppermint kind) and pretty good--just add a bit of honey, honey.

But you know what? It's really hard at first. Well, it's still really hard now... I've only been doing this for a coupla weeks. But I feel good about it, and I think... I think... maybe I'll be able to make a lifestyle change. I've been looking up calories for fast food and stuff. I don't restrict what I eat, but if you're only going to allow yourself 2000 cal per day... you're gonna be less likely to go for that 1100 calorie sub from jimmy john's (R.I.P. veggie sub). And you will get hungry. But I imagine that will diminish over time.

My dad is an inspiration to me. He's a big man (about 250 pounds, I think), but he's recently made a lifestyle change and cut out sugar. He still eats chips and peanuts and fattening stuff, but no more donuts. That alone is helping him lose weight--I can tell he's thinner every time I go home! He and I made a deal that if I took at least 3 insulin shots per day, he'd lose at least 1 pound per week.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 02:08 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 03:38 PM #9 of 39
I have super high metabolism so nothing I eat seems to put any weight on me. I am 5'11 and currently at 130 pounds. that is considered the ideal weight but I do have a budgy tummy that i would like to get rid of. would exercise be the key to getting rid of it or lowering the calorie intake?

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 01:48 PM #10 of 39
I lost 25lbs this year by not eating when I wasn't hungry, and ceasing eating when I was full.

I still eat candy and drink mountain dew, but I have maintained a weight of 160lbs with no variation.

Lunar Seal
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itsself

Member 12670

Level 9.15

Sep 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 04:47 PM #11 of 39
Don't "diet". If you want to lose weight, and keep it off, you have to change your lifestyle as a whole.

Which means eating less, eating healthier, exercise atleast 30 minutes a day, plenty of sleep, and drinking lots of water.

Cutting soda out of your normal habit also helps a lot.

But honestly, there's no real gimmick to losing weight. If you lose a ton of weight in a short period of time, it's probably not healthy.

Cutting any important food out of your diet is not a good idea. You need balanced amounts of carbs, protein, etc.

Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:52 AM #12 of 39
This has been a lifelong mystery to me. I mean, it all depends on the person's body, right? I really don't know much about my own body's (insert all those terms here). I do know that I've always been somewhat chubby, although I didn't look like it. There was a time when I used to play a lot of basketball and I guess that was the only time I looked thin. Now, I don't know. I drink a lot of water, so it doesn't look like I'm gaining a lot of weight, but it also doesn't feel like I'm losing any weight either. I only exercise a max of ten minutes a day, most times it's just five minutes with a lot of other walking around and movement. I heard that if you lose chips, pop and all that junk food, you'll at least lose a pound each week? There was also a time when I stuck with salads and Subway sandwiches, but I eventually got sick of eating that all the time.

Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 03:56 PM #13 of 39
Aside from nutritional value and all that healthy mumbo jumbo, it doesn't really matter what you are eating, but the thing you have to do is make sure you're burning more calories than you are consuming or storing or whatever, so your best bet is to fit in an exercise routine to go along with eating less. Do a lot of cardio, limit your portions, and slowly you'll burn off the excess weight. You may even need to write down an exact list of what you eat and figure out how many calories a day you are putting in your body and figure out how much to cut it down to and what to cut down or out while maintaining a sensible exercise program.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 12:44 AM #14 of 39
I don't eat out much anymore, and that has made a huge difference on me. Personally though, if I were to go on a diet, Subway is the way to go. Especially, when you add all the veggies, with no sauce. Healthy stuff I say.

Where I live, I eat fairly well... although sometimes I eat mainly junk food.... Pop and candy is all my diet somedays.

At the same time, sometimes I get really busy, or forget the time, and I don't eat for about twelve or more hours. Then when I do eat, it isn't much. Just enough to satisfy me. So I say my diet is around 2 500 calories a day... although the health of it might be a little low...

Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 04:02 PM #15 of 39
The best advise I can give is to simply quit drinking sugary drinks of anyt kind. That includes coffee, juice, soda etc etc etc. Try switching over to diet softdrinks, or simply drink lots of water to prevent cravings. Sodas make up for nearly half of the calorie intake of most Americans. My fat ass brother lost tons of weight by quitting soda cold turkey and drinking nothing but water with his meals. He went from 250 to 180 in 4 months. And he's never felt better in his life.

FELIPE NO
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:53 PM #16 of 39
^^^ Yeah, that's true. I have noticed that whenever I do drink pop, I feel fatter, yet when I drink water, I feel lighter. Sugary drinks just leave a "full" feeling.

I just wish I didn't have cravings for fries so often or let alone, fast food in general.

gracy1
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 14402

Level 1.00

Oct 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:50 AM #17 of 39
to lose weight faster

hiiii, its really gud that you wanna lose extra be coz itz d cause many other problems.I had lost 10lbs in 2wks. I am now at around 18 lbs. Some fat burners which makes you look perfect then you must try diet pills,they can help you to reduce fat in a healthy way. And should try sueshealthcenter's other weight lose products

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:10 AM #18 of 39
It's really a matter of attitude. As blue mentioned, you can't approach the problem by saying "omg, fucking fat around my belly, what's the quickest way to get rid of it?"

You need to realize and accept that you're in for the long haul. And by accept I mean meditate on the fact for a few days, weeks if necessary, until you thoroughly understand that there just is no easy way out.

Everyone has problems and they're different for each person. You need to tailor your lifestyle changes (diet and exercise) so that they target your problems. Most people know intrinsically what a proper lifestyle is: no junkfood, no pills, balanced diet, enough water and sleep, an hour or more of exercise every other day etc.

The key idea though is to identify your problem. If you know what the problem is, you're 80% done. Personally, I have had (and still do) several problems and I'm working on fixing them.

My first problem was exercise. I think my body is built to handle weights instead of running. I still run ~20 minutes every other day but I lift weights for 20 minutes before and after that. Now this is probably drastically different for you - it's all a matter of listening to yourself.

Second was food. I've found that I can't tolerate meat or excess sugar. I just feel like shit when I consume either. Same goes for coffee. This is probably different for you but you really have to listen to yourself intently. If you eat meat and you feel like shit the day after - bitchy temper, sweat that smells like stale horse shit, pimples, unusually oily skin - you know something is up. Thank the good god my mom is vegetarian as well and I get to eat decent food.

Next up was water. I usually drink between 3-5 591 milliliter water bottles each day. I've found this is an equilibrium position for me and it works out pretty good.

Lastly is sleep and because I'm a university student, I'm not quite up to my standards here.

Ach well. I've started this routine about a month ago. Just last night, I was wearing a white undershirt and I looked at my left bicep in the glow of the monitor and I noticed muscle definition. It was totally a "DAMN STRAIGHT" moment

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:06 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 08:36 AM #19 of 39
just find a way to creativly eat what you like, and exercise, say with some DDR

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:41 AM #20 of 39
Originally Posted by blue
TRUST ME, I struggle with this stuff too. I'm convinced that I must have an amazing metabolism, because I was definitely eating about 4,000 cal/day... I have a food fetish.
WOW. 4,000 a day? It would make sense if you're working out or doing a lot of exercise....

Quote:
Now you might not like to hear this, but... try the sugar-free foods. I know, I know, I balked at the idea at first, too. Like diet soda? Took some getting used to. That stuff is nasty when you first drink it. But honestly, it took me less than a week, and then I was fine with it. Switching to diet soda alone helped me cut out about 600 cal/day. Just try it for a week, and if you still hate it, you can go back to regular... if you drink soda at all.
I actually very rarely drink soda at all. When I do, it's always diet, if only because I prefer the saccharine taste of aspertame to the sugar present in regular cola.

I prefer to drink a shitload of iced tea. I wonder how bad that is? I drink bucket loads of water (at least a gallon a day), but I do drink a lot of this stuff: (And I mean A LOT)

Quote:
Some sugar-free foods are pretty good. There are these really good chocolate-mint cookies at publix that are sugar-free... they still have calories, but not as many as your average cookie. Sugar-free jell-o is quite good, too; most people say it tastes like regular jell-o. My newest discovery is hot tea, which is zero calories (the peppermint kind) and pretty good--just add a bit of honey, honey.
I'm not a big choclate fan either - you know, I am starting to wonder why I am fat ahahha. I have a NASTY penchant for meat and potatoes. Maybe thats where my trouble lies. And BREAD, o my GOD.

Do you have any advice for that kind of thing, blue?
Quote:
My dad is an inspiration to me. He's a big man (about 250 pounds, I think), but he's recently made a lifestyle change and cut out sugar. He still eats chips and peanuts and fattening stuff, but no more donuts. That alone is helping him lose weight--I can tell he's thinner every time I go home! He and I made a deal that if I took at least 3 insulin shots per day, he'd lose at least 1 pound per week.
Wait, insulin shots? Can you explain?? O_O

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:23 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 10:23 AM #21 of 39
One big thing I found out recently is caffine blocks vitamins and minerals from being absorbed and boosts carbs being absorbed. You won't be denyed everything, but it hurts your body none the less. I would recommend drinking water instead of coffee or soda. It may be a dramatic change, but it will definitely help you lose weight.

Edit: Insulin shots are what diabetics take to control their glucose levels. You only take insulin if you really NEED insulin. That stuff is rough.

How ya doing, buddy?
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:13 PM #22 of 39
Originally Posted by Fatt
Edit: Insulin shots are what diabetics take to control their glucose levels. You only take insulin if you really NEED insulin. That stuff is rough.
Yea, thats why I asked. I don't understand why taking it while dieting would be a good thing....?

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:31 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 10:31 AM #23 of 39
Quote:
I prefer to drink a shitload of iced tea.
You will get a kidney stone.

FELIPE NO

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 03:49 PM #24 of 39
Yea, thats why I asked. I don't understand why taking it while dieting would be a good thing....?
If you are taking insulin, it means you are not being strict enough about your diet. You shouldn't rely on insulin, but if you need it, you gotta take it.

"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 10:09 PM #25 of 39
I think blue is a diabetic (from what I've seen in her journal) and she probably wasn't adherring to an insulin schedule so her dad made an agreement, keep healthy with insulin shots for a diabetes and he'll keep healthy by losing weight. Or so what I'm assuming

This is going to sound so much like an infomercial but I'll do it anyways. I recently lost 25 pounds over 5 months using Nutrisystem (google it). I've had a weight problem all my life, my lowest was 90 pounds during high school and my highest was probably 150 last year and I love food so I'd pretty much resigned myself to just having a love hate thing with it for the rest of my life.

I'll be the first to admit Nutrisystem is nothing special, the only reason it worked for me was because it forces you to control your potion sizes and encourages you to eat more lean protein, fruits and vegetables. Pretty much that's all there is to losing weight, you exercise a lot, eat less of everything, eat a lot of stuff that everyone knows is good for them and cut out the stuff everyone knows is bad. For breads and rice and things, I've pretty much switch my consumption over to whole wheats and brown rice. Because carbs, unlike what mainstream would say, is not bad for it, it's what kind of carbs you eat. Brown rice tastes like shit for a couple days but like everything, you get used to it just like white rice.

Also eating a lot of little meals during the day instead of 3 big meals helps you lose weight, you keep your blood sugar and metabolism stable which encourages your body to burn more fat instead of retaining it and you're more satisfied and won't binge as much.

What weight loss boiled down to, for me at least, was portion control and exercise. I used to eat far beyond the point of satisfaction and just eat to the sake of eating. Also exercise is key, I used to hate exercise and while I still do, now I move more and that really helps, even if it's taking the dog around the block.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > weight loss diet