Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Achievement Hunting

Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 09:54 AM #1 of 61
Achievement Hunting

Well, with the news of Chromehounds' servers going offline in a few months, I've decided it's time to grab all the achievements for it while I can. Along the way, there's a few other rare achievements I'd like to grab for some other games if anyone wants to help (while boosting your own gamerscore).

According to TrueAchievements, nobody has the Win/Kill _____ Battles/Opponents Achievements yet in Armored Core: For Answer. I would like to be one of the first. (i'm sure someone here has to have this game....Tails/Skills?)

I'd like to get some multiplayer Ace Combat 6 achievements as well. I'm sure Skills is up for that.

Any games you guys need help getting achievements for? Ask here!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:40 AM #2 of 61
According to TrueAchievements, nobody has the Win/Kill _____ Battles/Opponents Achievements yet in Armored Core: For Answer. I would like to be one of the first. (i'm sure someone here has to have this game....Tails/Skills?)
Don't you have to get 10000 wins/kills for those? Yeah, fuck that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:35 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 01:35 PM #3 of 61
There's a reason no one has any of the win/kills for those. Even boosting (just kills, let alone wins) in For Answer by taking Kojima Cannons and having the other guy take the lightest armour and just standing there would take dozens upon dozens of hours. I have played enough of that online to get to online rank C (I think my rank was 250th overall or something when I stopped) and have less than 100. No, that's not going to work. You play with randoms and you'll just run into bladers and long distance japan lag, so you'll have maybe one viable build and that shit gets old quick.

Chromehounds is nigh impossible to boost because almost everything requires you to be in the Neroimus War setting, where finding friends to boost with is extremely unlikely in the best case scenario. You're more likely to run into the other people.

Even folks who have played that game to death don't have the max out <whatever> RT experience achievements because someone figured out it took something like 150 hours in the ones that get lots of XP to even come close, and stuff like scout? Well, you're just fucked. I played a Commander type for multiple, multiple wars, and am maybe at level 27 out of a hundred in that? And the XP required to go up a level increases practically exponentially as you go. CH is regarded as one of the hardest and most time consuming games to get achievements in, and it makes sense why.

Don't even ask about the luck based ones like FIGHT THE SUPER WEAPON AND WIN, which is total BS.

Ace Combat is a slow and painful boost because, well, 1 win per five minute round (lowest it can be set to) + loading + results screen + extra crap = one win per something like 8 minutes, and no one is going to boost that for 800 total minutes per game type, for three different game types. No one plays seige battle unfortunately, and that takes twice as long on top of that yet, so.

And if you just want to play it, you'll lose to me, not helping your achievement progress any, regardless.

So sorry, no. I'm down for helping you boost some things but you have got to realize that some of the bullshit ones are considered bullshit for a reason, and no one has them because of that.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Aug 9, 2009 at 02:38 PM.
Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:36 PM #4 of 61
Well, it's like 1k, 2k, 3k, 5k, then 10k yeah. I'm just setting 1k as my goal for now. =p

Oh yeah, Fusion Frenzy 2 is another one I'd like to mop up, too, if anyone else was as dumb as me to buy that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:40 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 01:40 PM #5 of 61
There's also a 7.5k one.

Well, have fun with 1k. It's still extremely hard to come across that many. If you think I'm gonna let you pound on me for 15+ hours to get to that kill count you've got another thing coming.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 04:00 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 09:00 PM #6 of 61
I'm loathe to play exclusively for bullshit achievements, but some of the less arbitrary ones are fun to work towards. I had a frustrating-yet-fun time getting some of Outrun's (still can't get an overall AAA rank for Heart Attack though, fuck.)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 05:30 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 04:30 PM #7 of 61
In fact that's mostly why I wish many achievements in multiplayer environments didn't exist.
Quite. It does nothing but inconvience multiple people for no reason whatsoever. I like to go for them as a personal challenge, but they shouldn't interfere in any way with the way other people choose to play their game.

Multiplayer ones are a detriment to the game you're playing. Very rarely do they end up being well done enough to not fuck over the experience. (Crackdown's are fun, though. But that's an exception, not a rule.)

FELIPE NO
Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:00 PM #8 of 61
Yeah, I'm with you guys on pretty much all points, but I didn't mean to imply that I simply wanted to boost (you shoot me, I shoot you, k repeat 500 times), more that I wanted to get back into playing these games again, with the intent to shoot for the achievements in the process because I can't get many of them without playing someone (and the online communities for alot of these are either dead or jerkoffs).

In the case of Chromehounds, I really just need help for the various Neroimus War achievements. I believe I can get the EXP achievements in single player (I must, because I'm already L30-ish on 5 of the types without ever really having played multiplayer).

Most amazing jew boots
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:31 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 03:31 PM #9 of 61
I've got a few on Castle Crashers and N+ I wouldn't mind teaming up for. And I finally got around to buying Street Fighter IV, if anyone's still playing that.

By the way, Yush, I got your friend invite last night, but I had no idea who Generator Leon was until this morning, so I rejected it. If you want to, you can send me another or I'll send you one next time I get on.

I can't stand multiplayer achievements. Back when I played Halo 3, nearly every game was full of idiots wanting to stand around and let themselves kill each other for achievements. I got to ruin it for a few of them one time. They were talking in the lobby about all going to the sword so they could all get the achievement for killing I think 3 people in x amount of seconds with the sword. So when the match started, I rushed to the sword and got to it first, then killed all of them with it, snagging the achievement for myself. Probably my favorite Halo 3 moment.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:41 PM #10 of 61
Castle Crashers is the only one that springs to mind. I need to finish boosting the other half of my arena wins that I started with Skills, but more importantly is the achievement for reviving all teammates during a 4-player game. Everyone stopped playing it before the game was fixed, so I'll never get that without a boosting squad.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 07:15 PM #11 of 61
Yeah Wolf, just go ahead and send me another invite, I won't be back on until tomorrow anyway. I wouldn't mind playing someone new on SFIV.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 08:21 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 08:21 PM #12 of 61
more importantly is the achievement for reviving all teammates during a 4-player game.
This doesn't necessarily have to be done online. If you have 4 controllers, and a lotta patience to wait until weak-ass enemies slay the other 3 players, you can get this on your own. That's how I managed to snag it.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 08:25 PM #13 of 61
I also wouldn't mind Castle Crashers or N+. Both are pretty fun and I didn't have a 360 when everyone still played it so.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 08:50 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 06:50 PM #14 of 61
The multiplayer aspect is the most troubling... because at least with the single player, its there, you just gotta work at it. With multiplayer you are at the whims of the servers being operational, people being online to compete against, and hoping that the servers are not being hosted by EA.

Having that said, I don't know too many people who have Quantum of Solace, so getting some achievements in the multiplayer aspect of that would be something I'd want to try with you all.

Detection

Member 16824

Level 14.04

Dec 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:36 PM #15 of 61
Chromehounds is nigh impossible to boost because almost everything requires you to be in the Neroimus War setting, where finding friends to boost with is extremely unlikely in the best case scenario. You're more likely to run into the other people.
I lost any hopes of getting the Seasonal Fame achievements, same fucking squad always takes it. I doubt I'll end up getting all the achievements before the game dies but I would like to get most of them.

Quote:
Don't even ask about the luck based ones like FIGHT THE SUPER WEAPON AND WIN, which is total BS.
Funny that this was one of the first achievements I got. Guess I was really lucky.

I got Lost Planet: Colonies Edition recently and just noticed that pretty much all of the achievements are from the online multiplayer, too bad almost no one plays the game anymore. Anyone here with Culdcept Saga? I think the search function is either broken or no one really plays that game. I think the latter is more likely since my friend stopped playing it because it was too "luck based"

FELIPE NO
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:29 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 11:29 PM #16 of 61
(I must, because I'm already L30-ish on 5 of the types without ever really having played multiplayer).
I don't think you understand here.

When you're level 60, it takes you more time to advance one level than it did to advance the first 25. You will go nuts. Level 80? Apparently these take untold hours to just level once. ESPECIALLY trying for it in the single player game, where the shit will be the same thing a billion times over. Good God.

I mean, more power to you if you're that insane, but y'know, it's not worth going for. I'm just trying to save you some annoyances, here.

Originally Posted by Detection
Funny that this was one of the first achievements I got. Guess I was really lucky.
No shit? Damn, that's fortunate. Which one did you end up fighting? I hear the train was the hardest.

I was waiting for all the conditions to fufill multiple times, tried in the spots that were going to have it and the damn thing never fucking popped for me. Not once.

I gave up on it after seeing the newsbit on it's appearance several times and not getting it to show.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:44 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2009, 11:44 AM #17 of 61
I'm very much with Devo when it comes to multiplayer achievements. As a general rule I think they can all fuck off and die, but I really loathe those that affect how people actually play the damn game (especially since it nearly always makes them play like fucking retards).

I got Lost Planet: Colonies Edition recently and just noticed that pretty much all of the achievements are from the online multiplayer, too bad almost no one plays the game anymore.
You're not missing out on anything. I had Lost Planet for a while and the multiplayer was fucking horrible. It seemed to be people rushing the mech-suit things and then camping spawn points, which was a lot of fun. -__-

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:49 AM #18 of 61
I generally hate multiplayer achievements, except for ones that you get just by playing normally. For example off the top of my head, Battlefield 1943 has two achievements for playing 30 matches and 100 matches respectively, which I think is totally fine since that's reasonable and even if you suck you'll get them. A lot of the Halo 3 ones are bullshit.

I already know people going nuts about achievements now since with the dashboard update it shows you how many games you've 100%'d achivement point-wise, as well as how many achivement points you have out of the total possible for the games you've played.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:55 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2009, 11:55 AM #19 of 61
I generally hate multiplayer achievements, except for ones that you get just by playing normally.
They're OK, but those ones that anyone can get through regular play also tend to be somewhat dull (obviously BF1943 is a special case as it's only multiplayer). For my money I still see Call of Duty 4 as the best example of how to do it, with good single-player only achievements and then a different reward system for the multiplayer that builds around the way you play rather than forcing you to play certain ways.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:21 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2009, 01:21 PM #20 of 61
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is another good example of multiplayer achievements done right (Although I'm not sure I actually have any of them, I always play co-op online rather than vs) in that there are achievements for total online kills, online kills with each weapon type (But nothing retarded like three people with one clip) and for actually achieveing the mission objective a certain number of times, all of which I think are fine as they encourage you to play different game types and to actually play the game properly. Of course you'll still get the odd idiot and his mate taking it in turns to kill each other in an out of the way corner but playing without respawns severely lessens the impact of those. I agree with the others though that anything that requires you to play like a twat, or at least encourages abnormal behaviour can fuck right off.

I very rarely get any online multiplayer achievements as I simply don't play enough to get the hundreds of kills ones but it's nice when you do pick one up through skillful play. I'm rather proud of my achievement for coming out top player in a ranked Frontlines match for example as I got it by killing a ton of people and capturing a load of bases. On the flip side there's an achievement for being on the winning team but not getting killed, which simply encourages people to get one sniper kill then run away and hide out on the edge of the map, hoping the rest of the team will pull off a win. I did actually get that one but got it fairly, leading a charge to capture all the flags quickly and win the game that way (Although to be fair there were only ten people in the match and half the enemy team seemed to be boosting the same achievement I ended up with).

I find achievements are a nice way to see how far through a game other people are (In terms of storyline ones) or get an idea of how much other people have played a game, rather than worrying too much which ones I've got. I have boosted for one or two but never anything that'd mess up an online game or would take more than half an hour or so. They're also sometimes a good way to get you to try playing the game differently, such as Mass Effect's which lead you to play it more than once and as a different character type and with different allies (Not that I've got round to that yet).

I personally don't understand why people get worked up about getting achievements but then I'm also not that bothered about winning games, I play them for the fun of playing them as a rule. Different people play games for different reasons.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:24 PM #21 of 61
I really hate online achievements. Especially for games that shouldn't have even had an online mode in the first place (I'm looking at you Overlord!). They do terrible things to the games and just encourage people to go the cheapest route possible to win everytime. Like in Smackdown vs RAW 2007 everyone would just Spike Headbutt there opponent to death cause the move was glitched where you couldn't counter it.

Then aside from the possibility of the community dieing out and depriving you of any way to get the achievements. There is also the possibility of them shutting down the servers. Something I've heard will be happening with both Overlord and Army of Two eventually.

I wouldn't mind helping people with Street Fighter IV, Castle Crashers, or Soul Calibur IV (I need the Phoenix achievement still). But my work hours make me available at odd times.

"Out thought and out fought."
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:51 PM #22 of 61
My favorite example of terrible multiplayer achievements is Grab Bag from Turok.

"Kill at least 1 creature, 1 enemy, 1 teammate, and yourself in the same round of a public match"

Among a list of several other achievements that encourage people to play like complete morons, here we have one that promotes team-killing and suicides for 10G. I already had no interest in buying Turok, but that achievement is still amusingly horrible.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:07 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2009, 08:07 PM 1 #23 of 61
"Kill at least 1 creature, 1 enemy, 1 teammate, and yourself in the same round of a public match"
The person responsible for this should be publicly tied up and left for anyone who was killed as a result of this moronic idea of an achievement to beat to a bloody pulp. It's annoying enough when you get idiots playing stupidly because of achievements, but at least they are usually aiming their bullets at the other team. That right there is in its own special world of dumb though. -______-

FELIPE NO
Detection

Member 16824

Level 14.04

Dec 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:10 PM #24 of 61
No shit? Damn, that's fortunate. Which one did you end up fighting? I hear the train was the hardest.

I was waiting for all the conditions to fufill multiple times, tried in the spots that were going to have it and the damn thing never fucking popped for me. Not once.

I gave up on it after seeing the newsbit on it's appearance several times and not getting it to show.
It was that giant pressure cooker with legs from Sal Kar. I remember asking one of my squadmates when we would fight another one and he said I would probably never see it or any other superweapon again. Well, he was right, I still haven't.

Quote:
This has to be the worst achievement ever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:17 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2009, 03:17 PM #25 of 61
Damn, that's pretty fortunate. I hear fighting those things is pretty hard, and fun.

Oh, Yushiro, I found some information on valour medals.

Quote:
General Valor Info
# The maximum valor points awarded per any single RT per mission is 3,000.
# It takes approx 2,065,000 valor points to reach Master Level (i.e. Level 100) and obtain the Valor Medal.
# The half way point to getting a Valor Medal is at Level 81 (about 1,000,000 points)
# View your current valor points in the 'Total' individual rankings.
# Participating in the destruction of a Secret Weapon is rewarded with 3,000 valor points in all RT categories, even if your hound is destroyed (as long as the SW is destroyed, too).
# You do not have to survive or even win the mission to get valor points (except Commander).
# Valor levels requirements are exponential -- it takes about 5,000 valor points to go up one level when around level 30, about 15,000 to go up one level when around level 50, and over 50,000 to go up one level when in the 90's.
Which means, for Scout....

Quote:
Minimum Missions: 1,720 missions assuming 15 COMBAS captured on each mission.
Or commander, and to get this you need an N/A maker. Half RT points if it gets destroyed.

Quote:
Minimum Missions: 2,754 missions with 6 survivors each.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Aug 10, 2009 at 04:23 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Achievement Hunting