Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Yotsuba is invincible. "WAKAPPA!"

Skaijo
But that's my kickass opinon.

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:19 AM #251 of 386
Hmm... yeah, seems that way to me, though try try try isn't exactly what i would consider canon. Heck, its arguable if try try try's Fuuka is the same person. (different personality, obvious style difference, etc.) Not to mention the fact that they don't even have the same name... though 風夏 and 風香 do sound the same (blame me knowing that on wikipedias entry).

As for a one-sided romantic affair i've seen crushes that make much less since, at least its not Yanda... heh.
Hm-hm, indeed! I bow down to you, sir. Excellent points. Maybe I should just point out a reference to the first couple of chapters in Yotsubato! especially when Fuuka was trapped in the Kowai's bathroom door (I hope that's not a spoiler). Her expression and outbursts when confronted by Asagi seemed as if, in her mind, her actions implied something risque.

Iuno--Fuuka is just an oddball, in my mind. Maybe I'm the crazy one.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:25 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 08:25 PM #252 of 386
Dunno if you missed it or what, but we pretty much had this same discussion with Dee a few posts up if you'd like our views on it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 02:31 PM #253 of 386
Dunno if you missed it or what, but we pretty much had this same discussion with Dee a few posts up if you'd like our views on it.
Wow--I'm so totally post-psychic.

I was speaking idiomatically.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:00 AM Local time: Jan 11, 2007, 12:00 AM #254 of 386
I just picked this up off #lurk and wow! So far this is looking to be a great series!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:51 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 01:51 PM #255 of 386
yay, 43 is out: http://4chan.biz as usual.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 09:12 AM #256 of 386
Wow! Earlier than usual, or maybe it's just me. Thanks for the heads up!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:16 PM #257 of 386
I think its a bit later then usual, seeing as i normally get it a few days after the FMA translation. Then again that was a day or so early this year, so maybe it was right on time.

I thought this one seemed like 2 separate mini episodes for some reason. Anyway
Spoiler:
Yeah, this seemed to build up the next episode quite a bit, though i seriously wonder why Ena curled up in a ball, strange that. Not as strange as actually riding a mono-cycle anywhere, those things are hard to get to move. From my experience with the things (monocycles that is) Yotsubas going to get at least one chance to get somewhat injured in the next episode, especially considering shes still on training wheels on her bike.
Overall it was a good episode though like always.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dan!!
Quack

Member 1001

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 01:26 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 01:26 AM #258 of 386
Not really my favorite chapter, nothing really happened (or less than usual anyway).
Spoiler:
Apparently a unicycle trend started in Japan recently. I thought that the "curl up in a ball" thing was a translator-note worthy joke, assuming she read it wrong. =/ I thought Yotsuba's pose when she saw the building was funny, but I wasn't sure if there was something I wasn't getting.

I got the impression that this was one of the first translations this particular translator did, not that I'm complaining.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:37 AM #259 of 386
Not really my favorite chapter, nothing really happened (or less than usual anyway).
Spoiler:
Apparently a unicycle trend started in Japan recently. I thought that the "curl up in a ball" thing was a translator-note worthy joke, assuming she read it wrong. =/ I thought Yotsuba's pose when she saw the building was funny, but I wasn't sure if there was something I wasn't getting.

I got the impression that this was one of the first translations this particular translator did, not that I'm complaining.
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that Yotsuba confused TOMARE with some like sounding verb that meant roll. I'm no Japanese expert, but I'm pretty sure that was the joke. I liked Miru-Miru's lying to Yotsuba about being a princess. She's even breaking school rules. I think she's even trying to set up Yotsuba for the injury. >_<

Anyone have any Grandma theories? I so no relation to Dad or Yotsuba altogether. Probably just a close and elderly friend that Yot attatched to.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
fireball87
I'll come back alive.

Member 12148

Level 4.94

Sep 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:24 PM #260 of 386
Spoiler:
I tend to assume grandma as Mr Koiwai's mother. I tend to also assume thats the grandparents they used to live with before they moved to where they live now. (from chapter 3 about air conditioners) "Grandma didn't have one in her house huh. It was because grandpa hated them."

As for relationship between Yotsuba and Grandma, assuming the age she must have been adopted at... its quite expected that she would just consider Mr Koiwai's family as her family, just like she considers Mr Koiwai as her father. And having lived with them for some time, the connection is even stronger.

Oh, and actually, I somewhat wonder how much Yotsuba is really even aware of the adoption... even if she does know about it, it seems a rather small thing to her. Probably she hasn't figured it out yet, and no ones taken the time to explain it to her. I know a few kids that didn't know they were adopted tell they were well into their teens. Not like it really should matter too much in the current situation. Not unless one of her parents (who abandoned her) randomly shows up, but thats the kind of mellow drama crap i really am not expecting from this series.

Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:42 AM #261 of 386
Since the Yotsuba anime is inevitable, and since Azuma usually plays a key role in the sound development of his animes, does anyone have any ideas/theories of who'll make the voice act roster or wishlists for voice actors/seiyu's for the show?

I'm hoping they actually give the part of Yotsuba to a girl of similar age. Voice acting is such a big thing in Japan but it's so rare that they actually get a 30 year old woman who can decently play a 3-5 year old girl. It's even worse in Korea.

I'm thinking Yuki Matsuoka for Yotsuba--mainly because of her analogous work in Hale Nochi Guu and her close work with Azuma in Azumanga Daioh. She's one of my favorite actors--but even so, I'd much perfer the authentic sound of a young girl. She doesn't even have to be a brilliant actor--the role of Yotsuba is just one of those things you really can't mess up.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 02:25 AM #262 of 386
Since the Yotsuba anime is inevitable, and since Azuma usually plays a key role in the sound development of his animes, does anyone have any ideas/theories of who'll make the voice act roster or wishlists for voice actors/seiyu's for the show?

I'm hoping they actually give the part of Yotsuba to a girl of similar age. Voice acting is such a big thing in Japan but it's so rare that they actually get a 30 year old woman who can decently play a 3-5 year old girl. It's even worse in Korea.

I'm thinking Yuki Matsuoka for Yotsuba--mainly because of her analogous work in Hale Nochi Guu and her close work with Azuma in Azumanga Daioh. She's one of my favorite actors--but even so, I'd much perfer the authentic sound of a young girl. She doesn't even have to be a brilliant actor--the role of Yotsuba is just one of those things you really can't mess up.
Most indeed there's just something authentic about a real young girls voice over an adult one, and on another note isnt Yuki M. the one who play the voice of Kuriko from Maburaho?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 05:25 PM #263 of 386
Most indeed there's just something authentic about a real young girls voice over an adult one, and on another note isnt Yuki M. the one who play the voice of Kuriko from Maburaho?

I'm not sure.

*checks wiki

Yep, I was wrong. She did work in Maburaho. Wow, she really gets around. You know, I think she'd make a perfect Mirua.

FELIPE NO

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Jan 30, 2007, 08:43 PM #264 of 386
I can never seem to get 4bizchan to work for me. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or if I just have horrible luck

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jonathan Ingram
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!

Member 135

Level 9.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:31 PM #265 of 386
Anyway to get the Rapidshare chapters? I'm trying to collect it all together for a friend (and myself, of course).

Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:34 AM #266 of 386
I can never seem to get 4bizchan to work for me. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or if I just have horrible luck
Maybe the address is wrong, it's http://4chan.biz/ then all you have to do is click on the chapter you want. I believe it'll give you a .zip file. If not, it may be .rar--which may mean that you'll have to download winRAR (which is free) but the latest version of zip should open .rar types too.

@Ingram
Anyway to get the Rapidshare chapters? I'm trying to collect it all together for a friend (and myself, of course).
Let me know what chapters you need and I can host a link for a while.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING

Last edited by Skaijo; Jan 31, 2007 at 10:36 AM.
Jonathan Ingram
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!

Member 135

Level 9.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 07:51 PM #267 of 386
I need chapters 27-38. Thanks, btw.

Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 09:38 AM #268 of 386
http://www.yousendit.com/download/Rm...YTI0b0I1VEE9PQ

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:47 AM #269 of 386
Azumanga Daioh was once a weekly manga Daioh Manga. But Yotsuba only comes out once or so every month. Does anyone know if Daioh has switched it's publication schedule since?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:57 AM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 03:57 PM #270 of 386
Well it's said Dengeki Daioh was originally a quarterly publication, then bimonthly, then monthly, and its name was changed to Monthly Comics Dengeki Daioh. I'm not sure at which point Azumanga was published, but it's no wonder if the schedule changed.

Most amazing jew boots

Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 03:30 PM #271 of 386
Well it's said Dengeki Daioh was originally a quarterly publication, then bimonthly, then monthly, and its name was changed to Monthly Comics Dengeki Daioh. I'm not sure at which point Azumanga was published, but it's no wonder if the schedule changed.
Do you know anything about how Azumanga Daioh was published? I'm under the impression that the comic strip was done weekly. That'd be amazing if one page of all four volumes of Azumanga took up one month of publication.

FELIPE NO

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Dan!!
Quack

Member 1001

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:57 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 08:57 PM #272 of 386
It's out on the 21st of each month.
Parts of the next chapter was "leaked", a day early.

Spoiler:
There's something about going to a farm with Jumbo, but they cancel because Yotsuba gets a fever. Kowai then drags her to the futon and makes her go to sleep. That was just 3-4 pages though.

How ya doing, buddy?
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 06:28 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 02:28 PM #273 of 386
A V1 translation has been released of chapter 44. Great chapter, not laugh out loud funny, but very charming again. Coffee milk is made with black cows!

http://staff.gamingforce.com/qwarky/...44_English.rar

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:14 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 12:14 PM #274 of 386
It's out at 4chan.biz now too.

"Is that where there are cows and cows?!" <3

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
horseman85
Piano noob

Member 4561

Level 13.38

Apr 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:36 AM #275 of 386
And yet another person has succumbed to the power that is Yotsuba! It's a very endearing series. Although downloading 26 chapters of it at work may not be the smartest thing to do . . .

The third chapter surprised me though. I've only read the chapter intro page but to see global warming as one of the chapters was unexpected.

Additional Spam:
Ok, just finished the third chapter . . . That was really funny. Turned a serious subject into a very funny situation. Gotta love Yotsuba. Thanks Qwarky for the links.

Last edited by horseman85; Feb 28, 2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Yotsuba is invincible. "WAKAPPA!"