Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Best Headphones for PC and Portable Use?

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:52 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 02:52 PM #26 of 29
Excellent. I will be buying one then.

Quote:
They have flat, VERY well-extended bass - it's there, but it's not in your face.
Precisely one of the reasons that I love my E4Gs so much. Their FR is almost completely flat from 20hz to around 4000hz. The bass is tight and controlled and does not "leak" from note to note like it did with my 5 Pros.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 04:10 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 10:10 AM #27 of 29
Originally Posted by Arainach
Yume, have you ever looked into Hi-Fi Audio? I mean, $800 (what the E500 cost if I remember properly) is an intro-level speaker setup. Pair of B&W DM601 and a receiver. And their sound quality is absolutely stunning.
I don't know that much about sound systems since I've never really been bothered with the way sound comes out of my computer or other devices. Granted I know having a 5.1 surround sound setup makes a difference since we have one hooked up to the tv but I've always been happy using my 2.0 speakers and Platronics headphones.

But because I'm building a new computer soon, I guess looking into getting a better sound card and surround sound system would be a good idea instead of using the onboard sound card. For the pricing, I'm happy to spend about £250 on a surround sound set but when it comes to spending that much on a pair of earplugs, you would find me hesitating a fair bit before buying.

The only concern for getting a sound card for my new computer is the space to put it in cause my graphics cards seem to enjoy taking up all the space with its massive side fans. There is just enough space but one of the graphics cards fans would be extremely close and I don't want to sacrifice cooling for sound.

Most amazing jew boots
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 04:17 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 02:17 AM #28 of 29
Quote:
I'm happy to spend about £250 on a surround sound set but when it comes to spending that much on a pair of earplugs, you would find me hesitating a fair bit before buying.
Try ordering from HeadRoom then. They have a 30-day return policy and will refund the full purchase price as long as the item isn't damaged or has a lot of parts missing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; May 31, 2006 at 07:22 AM.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 07:18 AM #29 of 29
Quote:
I'm happy to spend about £250 on a surround sound set but when it comes to spending that much on a pair of earplugs, you would find me hesitating a fair bit before buying.
True. Canalphones are a specific taste - some love them, some don't care for the feel. Personally, before ever spending that much on a pair I'd try one of the ~$100 pairs out there (Shure e2c/e3c, Etymotic er6i, a few others). I found that I just didn't care for the feel of in-ear phones and traded off my er6i for a pair of Grado SR-60. Financially it was a bit of a loss for me but I've never regretted it because I use the Grados a million times more than I used the Etys.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Best Headphones for PC and Portable Use?