Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Free Rape for Foreign Contractors say 30 Senate Republicans

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 03:14 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 03:14 PM #1 of 10
Free Rape for Foreign Contractors say 30 Senate Republicans

Think Progress Franken Wins Bipartisan Support For Legislation Reining In KBR?s Treatment Of Rape
Franken Wins Bipartisan Support For Legislation Reining In KBR’s Treatment Of Rape

In 2005, Jamie Leigh Jones was gang-raped by her co-workers while she was working for Halliburton/KBR in Baghdad. She was detained in a shipping container for at least 24 hours without food, water, or a bed, and “warned her that if she left Iraq for medical treatment, she’d be out of a job.” (Jones was not an isolated case.) Jones was prevented from bringing charges in court against KBR because her employment contract stipulated that sexual assault allegations would only be heard in private arbitration.

Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) proposed an amendment to the 2010 Defense Appropriations bill that would withhold defense contracts from companies like KBR “if they restrict their employees from taking workplace sexual assault, battery and discrimination cases to court.” Speaking on the Senate floor yesterday, Franken said:

Quote:
The constitution gives everybody the right to due process of law … And today, defense contractors are using fine print in their contracts do deny women like Jamie Leigh Jones their day in court. … The victims of rape and discrimination deserve their day in court [and] Congress plainly has the constitutional power to make that happen.
Watch Franken’s speech:

YouTube Video

On the Senate floor, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) spoke against the amendment, calling it “a political attack directed at Halliburton.” Franken responded, “This amendment does not single out a single contractor. This amendment would defund any contractor that refuses to give a victim of rape their day in court.”

In the end, Franken won the debate. His amendment passed by a 68-30 vote, earning the support of 10 Republican senators including that of newly-minted Florida Sen. George LeMieux. “He did what a senator should do, which was he was working it,” LeMieux said in praise of Franken. “He was working for his amendment.”

Appearing with Franken after the vote, an elated Jones expressed her deep appreciation. “It means the world to me,” she said of the amendment’s passage. “It means that every tear shed to go public and repeat my story over and over again to make a difference for other women was worth it.”

Quote:
NAYs ---30
Alexander (R-TN)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)
If you voted for any of those senators you are a dumbass.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 03:25 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 01:25 PM #2 of 10
Despite this whole thing, wouldn't you really be a dumbass for voting for them anyway?

Ensign, you fucking cocksucker. I wish you'd die already.

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 03:40 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 01:40 PM #3 of 10
I'm not surprised to see Kyle (R-AZ), as he's a total douche-bag... but come on, McCain? Why the hell would he vote against that?!

I hate this state more and more

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 03:48 PM #4 of 10
I'm not surprised at all to see Burr from NC up there. At least we got rid of Elizabeth Dole in the last election, otherwise I guarantee that it would have been 31 votes against this bill. She seemed innocuous enough before, but during the last election she came out against pretty much everything good and revealed herself to be a horrible excuse for a human being.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2009, 01:55 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 11:55 PM #5 of 10
I'm not surprised to see Kyle (R-AZ), as he's a total douche-bag... but come on, McCain? Why the hell would he vote against that?!

I hate this state more and more

Looks like when he sold his soul he hasn't gotten it back yet. >.>:

I was speaking idiomatically.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:39 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 11:39 PM #6 of 10
More solid proof Republicans will do anything in their power to antagonize anything remotely tied to Barack Obama or the Democatic party. Unless they really are awful human beings.

I can't decide which one is worse.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:46 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 11:46 PM #7 of 10
Think of how mind-numbingly dense the average person is. Then imagine that 50% of the voters in this country fall below that level of intelligence.

It all kinds makes sense if you really bother to think about it.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Free Rape for Foreign Contractors say 30 Senate Republicans