Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Port Deal Crisis Averted?

Relic
and after all this...

Member 945

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:22 PM #1 of 20
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
They may be Arabs
That's enough reason for a lot of people, unfortunately. I don't see any reason why Dubai Ports World taking over the ports would reduce security at them, especially when the US Government handles security operations (rather poorly) anyways.

This whole mess is politically crafted IMHO. The Democrats have been looking for a way to compete with the Republicans in appearing strong on national security issues, which is probably why they made such a big deal out of the situation, and the Republicans couldn't just stand by and let the Democrats take out their one main political strength, so they jumped in on it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Relic; Mar 9, 2006 at 05:27 PM.
Relic
and after all this...

Member 945

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:16 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:16 PM #2 of 20
Originally Posted by Mr. Danielsard
The best way to have our ports more secure is with americans protecting them... i wouldnt give that not even to the nation that this country trusts the most... security is ours, not from anybody else
So? Right now, only 5.6 percent of cargo containers that enter the country are actually scanned by security teams, and our radiation screening equipment has an error rate of 50%. Frankly, given the amount of scrutiny that they're under, I'd be surprised if DPW didn't do a better job than the current contractors. Of course, now that they've withdrawn their buyout deal, we can go back to the safe and reliable status quo, right?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Relic
and after all this...

Member 945

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 08:25 PM #3 of 20
Originally Posted by xen0phobia
Sorry but if you expect them to open up every container and search through everything, thats just crazy. Its not a realistic expectation. What solution do you propose they do thats cost effective?
Every container that enters Hong Kong is electronically scanned for radioactive contents, and that's the second busiest port in the world. The system can scan the contents of a truck that's moving at 10 miles per hour, and can even detect shielded radioactive elements.

If anything, that sounds like it would be more efficient than the handheld units that our ports are using.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Port Deal Crisis Averted?