Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Port Deal Crisis Averted?

Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:14 PM #1 of 20
I believe the port of Vancouver was apart of the original deal between the British company and Dubai. Are the Canadians moving to block acquisition as well?

Originally Posted by Article
The United Arab Emirates company that was attempting to take over management operations at six U.S. ports announced today that it will divest itself of all American interests.
This sounds very ominous. Looks like Congress managed to piss off Dubai royally. If the UAE as a whole were to divest itself completely from American interests, things could get ugly economically.

Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
I'm pretty glad. Outsourcing our security to the potential enemy is not the way we should run security here. Haven't we learned anything from 9/11?
Umm no matter who holds the Ports whether a British company or a state-owned company from Dubai, security is still in the hands of the US government.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:48 PM #2 of 20
Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
Actually, they will be responsible for the port's waterfront security.
Waterfront security doesn't mean that they're responsible for the inspection of cargo incoming into the continental U.S.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:20 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:20 AM #3 of 20
Originally Posted by BlueMikey

I'm not surprised that the public is so incompetent when it comes to something like this, though I am a bit surprised that the politicians are.
Don't be. This is more political posturing for the elections this year. And as we all now know, election pandering is more important then the economic interests of two countries. Possibly more.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Port Deal Crisis Averted?