Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Port Deal Crisis Averted?

Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 06:16 PM #1 of 20
The entire affair was absurd, and there remains no reason for the deal not to go through besides DP World being owned by an Arab government.

National Security isn't something to mess around with, but simply put, you aren't messing around with it when dealing with DP World. It's an excellent company that recieves glowing endorsements from everyone who has dealt with it.

Unfortunately, Congressmen are incapable of dealing with many issues rationally when they can instead Arab bash.

I'm upset that DP World didn't fight longer, they deserved the ports. There was nothing wrong with the deal at all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:52 PM #2 of 20
Quote:
I really hate defending something that Bush wanted to do.
It's funny, I've also found myself doing that a bit more often these days than normal. Maybe its a product of his foreign policy starting to make a bit more sense?

Quote:
The best way to have our ports more secure is with americans protecting them... i wouldnt give that not even to the nation that this country trusts the most... security is ours, not from anybody else
A) DP World never manages security.

B) The people working at the ports would have still been Americans.

C) 75% of US ports are foreign controlled, has anything bad come of that?

It's rampant idiocy from posts like that which destroy the US's image abroad and kill perfectly legitament actions from going through. The fact of the matter is, there are really no good reasons to deny the deal going through except the flagrant populist bigotry Schumer, Clinton, and King managed to display. Frankly, I just lost all respect for all three of them. Granted, its not surprising they'd do this anyways though. Schumer's a Sino-phobe, so at least its not only the Arabs who have a problem with him and Clinton is a Presidential candidate. I just wish Clinton would have risen above this, I think very highly of Bill Clinton, yet at the same time, come to despise Hillary on an almost daily basis it seems.

Either way, Brady is right - if we've got Carter, Bush, and McCain all agreeing on the same thing, there's probably a reason for it.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Port Deal Crisis Averted?