Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Palin Quits as Alaska Governor - Threatens to Run for President in 2012

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jul 3, 2009, 04:02 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2009, 10:02 PM #1 of 8
Unhappy Palin Quits as Alaska Governor - Threatens to Run for President in 2012

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Friday that she is stepping down at the end of the month, setting up a potential run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.

Full schtory here: Palin Quits as Alaska Governor - Political News - FOXNews.com

Spoiler:

Does that woman really think that she's gonna have a chance after how she massively fucked up last year?
Will she be great grandma by then? Questions over questions.
Your input is required!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 4, 2009, 07:06 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2009, 07:06 AM #2 of 8
She won't win a presidential nomination because the Old Boys are aligned completely against her. She's got a guaranteed political position for life, though. All she has to do is find a red district in any state in the country (preferably Oklahoma and Texas) and she can get elected to anything.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2009, 09:23 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2009, 08:23 AM #3 of 8
I guess she quit before she could alienate every government employee in the state, thus avoiding that reputation as she furthers the joke by running for President.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:15 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2009, 10:15 AM #4 of 8
I'm figuring she'll make a grab for senator, then she'll try making a move on 2012 for presidency. As much as I dislike Obama, this girl would probably just hand him the election in '12. I'm concerned about the hype bolstering her to the top of the ballot

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:49 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2009, 09:49 AM #5 of 8
This move probably stems, if I am reading her statement correctly, to simply exit the position of governor to allow room for her to do whatever (politically or not politically) without having trumped-up ethics violations thrown her way and giving her and her family excessive grief.

So she chose the option that had the best damage control. Should she have remained and carried her term to completion, I doubt much will be accomplished with that and perhaps would make Alaska worse off for it (though I have a hunch the DUers and Kossacks wouldn't mind that fringe benefit had it gone through).

Frankly, I highly doubt this move would launch her definitively into the 2012 candidacy, she's likely to go into the private sector and build her resume there or something.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
AtomicDuck
Quackus Maximus

Member 27199

Level 5.82

Dec 2007

Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:39 PM #6 of 8
Well I see little fear with her running in 2012. So far of all the Republican candidates I've heard about I like Obama much more than any of 'em but hey at least we won't have to deal with her as president for very long =P She'll show up, be comedic gold for about half a year, then quit. It'll especially be entertaining because during that election she'll probably start throwing out terrorist accusations again and just as with this time somehow in her twisted little mind a much less serious joke about her is a far more offensive comment so it'll just be funny watching her freak out because yes she honestly is getting like that for real. So technically if she's on the 2012 ballot it's really voting for her vice president to be a delayed president.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Brunotwirl
Banned

Member 34078

Level 1.73

Jul 2009

Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:26 AM #7 of 8
geez if you were not quoting Fox News I would almost think you to be a far left loon with your topics title of Palin THREATENING to run for president.

Fact is Palin has a ton of ethics complaints but to understand a good portion of them you have to consider the source, heres a hint, its left and gave money to obamas campaign..

People love palin because of her values. She is a hard working mother , politician who is living the American dream You don't see a lot of womens rights groups sticking up for her because she does not fall lock step into their far left political views. Tons of far left trash sights like moveon or huffington post continue to bash her because they fear her running for president or even VP..
You can sight her lack of expericence but you would have to lump mr obama in there too considering he had a few years in the senete which most was spent campainging on hop and change, hope and change... I guess we will see come next election, I can assure you I will be hoping for that change.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Palin Quits as Alaska Governor - Threatens to Run for President in 2012