Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

PLEASE help me UN-*** My Computer

Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 12:51 AM #1 of 8
PLEASE help me UN-*** My Computer

Yep - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me un-eff my computer!

It all started when I left my computer open and my retarded brother (YES IT WAS HIM and I'm sharpened a knife ready to strike him down) visited some site........

Then boom... tazebama.dll_ was the issue - some worm....

So... my attempts:
-AVG Free - did not detect it
-Ad-Aware - the moment I tried to delete it/remove it... the program would abruptly shut down
-SUPERantispyware - did not detect it
-Trend Micro virus scan - could not clean it

So I got McAfee - and it found around 1830 of it and cleaned/deleted it

So I thought that was it... but then I realized my computer was SUPER slow... so slow that my 10 year old computer functions faster AND I can't even attach a file in my e-mail 'cause it freezes (instead of it being a 5kb file... it freezes like I'm trying to select some 20 GB file)

So... I tried:
Re-check virus scan with McAfee - nothing there
Defragmented my computer... still the same speed
Disk error check (the right click on the "C" drive one)... still the same speed

I noticed in task manager under processes there are a LOT of ".exe" files that never existed before!!!

My startup programs (start -> run -> msconfig -> startup) have NOTHING selected... yet the computer starts of with TONS of .exe files in the processes of task manager

HELP ME FIX THIS! I have NO idea what to do anymore >....< I'm a computer newbie... so if you suggest something plz explain it a bit

Thanks

Jam it back in, in the dark.

^By Auro from the FFXII board... Thanks ^^
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 01:55 AM Local time: May 7, 2009, 02:55 PM #2 of 8
The forum description of the OS and Software subforum is probably what you need to do.

It's the most painless procedure.

I recommend you back everything up by putting the hard disk of your computer in an external USB enclosure, and copying it off from there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 12:22 AM #3 of 8
Fine I recovered my computer

Now my new computer has tazebama.dll_ in task manager... so I wanna fix it before "bad" stuff happens... but I'm not sure I wanna try Mcfee virus scan anymore...

Any suggestions on what to use? 'Cause this computer literarly speaking died on me and I couldn't open the computer no more - so no backup yay!

Oh and PLEASE don't say "just use a virus scan" but as I listed up top (first post) - I TRIED! I need a GOOD one that will not destroy my other computer in the process of "cleaning" the worm out

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

^By Auro from the FFXII board... Thanks ^^
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 05:28 AM Local time: May 16, 2009, 06:28 PM #4 of 8
Kaspersky is supposedly one of the best in detecting.

(It slowed down my internet to a crawl, but considering that you want to nuke any nasty malware, who cares...)

Install it, and then reboot into safe mode. Do a full scan. To go to safe mode, press F8 like a lunatic while the computer starts up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 05:45 PM Local time: May 16, 2009, 03:45 PM #5 of 8
An easier way to get to safe mode is to go Start -> Run -> "msconfig" -> boot.ini tab -> click "/SAFEBOOT". Then restart. To undo starting in safe mode do the same thing except unclick SAFEBOOT.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2009, 07:54 PM Local time: May 17, 2009, 08:54 AM #6 of 8
Oh and before you go to safe mode proper, download "Autoruns" from Microsoft Sysinternals. While in safe mode, use it to disable anything that looks suspiciously suspicious, like for example "tazebama"

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2009, 11:46 AM 1 #7 of 8
at this point you probably just ought to format.

FELIPE NO
Lyth
God of Ruin

Member 406

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2009, 10:41 PM #8 of 8
I know it's a bit late to add this in, but if you download ComboFix, SmitFraudFix, and malwarebytes, those three are excellent in fixing problems like this. Basically you just boot your computer in safemode, and run them one at a time. Hell you could probably get away with just using ComboFix for most issues, and it generally clears out all infected and unwanted files in the registry and System32 folder that can be harmful. It also erases any previous system restore points and makes a new one, because sometimes a virus or problem CAN come back because of them.

Like I said, I know this is a bit late, but if you ever have this problem again, just get those programs and use them, and you can save yourself some time and trouble by just using them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

I am not a clever pony...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > PLEASE help me UN-*** My Computer