Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics - The War of the Lions

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:24 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2007, 07:24 PM #76 of 129
A ninja with monk 'barehand' technique is arguably better because of his better speed rating. At a certain point, he who strikes first, strikes last!
What about an entire team of Quickened induced Calculators? True, they're not fast but my god. If you can take out the opposing team without barely moving or letting the bad guys land a hit on you~ then I call that broken.
Well if that doesn't suit you a Bare-handed-teleporting-blade grasping-Ninja is fine too .

Final Fantasy Tactics is full of abusive combo'ing!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:28 AM #77 of 129
Yea, but these guy's breaks the game's balancing! I only need 1 ninja to pwn, really. He has a powersleeve, bracer, twist headband and does 999 damage per hit. I really don't think the game would be very fun with 5 of these.

A ninja with monk 'barehand' technique is arguably better because of his better speed rating. At a certain point, he who strikes first, strikes last!
I kinda agree with you on the shift in balance in the game. When I got them both in Tactics, and Tactics advance, the shift in balance for the game came over into my favor. Duel wielding against an enemy usually wrecks them (with a few exceptions).

I was speaking idiomatically.
FeMan
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 25402

Level 1.34

Oct 2007

Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:01 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2007, 10:01 PM 1 #78 of 129
I love and hate this game at the same time. I hate missing anything in a game, I had to check every single enemy before I killed them to make sure I stole all of their special items.

Then you have to fight every single random battle you come across, which become extremely long winded and monotonous after a while.

I don't think I'll ever finish a strategy RPG. Story was good though. I just gave up and read the script online as well as saw the ending on youtube.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:37 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 12:37 AM #79 of 129
Nope, ain't in stock. Dunno if it was when you linked it, but it's OOS on here as of this writing, EB's website, amazon, and the works. Everywhere cept Bradygames.com...which of course doesn't ship outside of the 48 continental states.

I'm still looking, hopefully I can get a hold of it soon. I'm told by someone who has it that there's some advanced stuff in there, like the level-up/down trick, which is surprising. I didn't think it would have that sort of thing.

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:50 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 07:50 PM #80 of 129
Nope, ain't in stock. Dunno if it was when you linked it, but it's OOS on here as of this writing, EB's website, amazon, and the works. Everywhere cept Bradygames.com...which of course doesn't ship outside of the 48 continental states.

I'm still looking, hopefully I can get a hold of it soon. I'm told by someone who has it that there's some advanced stuff in there, like the level-up/down trick, which is surprising. I didn't think it would have that sort of thing.
It now says "Usually ships within 5-15 days", so if you really want it, buy it from there. But if you're not going to bother with it aside from collection value, I wouldn't worry about what additional material it comes with.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kagosin

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:12 AM #81 of 129

There's 2 copies of the Bradygames guide sitting at the store I work at for like $16.99. I skimmed through it, and it seems like a pretty nice guide, various artwork, stage tips, etc.

Most amazing jew boots
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:27 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 02:27 AM #82 of 129
What about an entire team of Quickened induced Calculators? True, they're not fast but my god. If you can take out the opposing team without barely moving or letting the bad guys land a hit on you~ then I call that broken.
Well if that doesn't suit you a Bare-handed-teleporting-blade grasping-Ninja is fine too .

Final Fantasy Tactics is full of abusive combo'ing!
Yeh, calculators are unstoppable. Well, 'math skill' is unstoppable anyways. Normally one calculator in one turn can turn the entire tide of battle in your favor (via Holy, death, etc), often ending it instantly, killing every opposing enemy before they have a chance to move. Just imagine 5 of these guys. I mean if the computer had about 100 guys, it would STILL be tipped largely in the favor of the calculators. You are absolutely right about how broken the game becomes at ths point.

Oh, and I only wish Olan would've stuck with Ramzes party. 'Galaxy Stop' would be SOO much fun to abuse.

Then you have to fight every single random battle you come across, which become extremely long winded and monotonous after a while.
Most of my battles are over in 5 to 10 minutes. What are you generally doing during a particular battle? What's your strategy?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by RainMan; Oct 23, 2007 at 02:34 AM.
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:38 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 01:38 AM #83 of 129
For some strange reason, I remember the PS1 version being a lot harder (at least in the early levels). I guess I just got used to the game.

Also, love how there is now a maximum of 24 units instead of a measly 16. At last, I can have all of the special characters without having to boot anyone from the group (except for the chocobos).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:16 AM #84 of 129
Yea, but these guy's breaks the game's balancing! I only need 1 ninja to pwn, really. He has a powersleeve, bracer, twist headband and does 999 damage per hit. I really don't think the game would be very fun with 5 of these.

Well for Ramza, Monk with 2 hand + mettle as his secondary is WAY too good! Scream (don't know if they changed the name yet) is arguably the best skill in the game.

FeMan
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 25402

Level 1.34

Oct 2007

Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:59 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 03:59 AM #85 of 129
Most of my battles are over in 5 to 10 minutes. What are you generally doing during a particular battle? What's your strategy?
I would usually gang up on a single enemy at a time and then I would use status effects on the other enemies. I used Mustadio a lot.

I suppose one problem with the way I played was that I tried to master every class. Damn gold stars. And damn the mysterious way stats are gained. I heard that leveling up while being a ninja was the best if you wanted a physically strong and fast character, but if you did that then you wouldn't be able to master all of the classes.

Anyone like fan fiction?
Spoiler:
I never read fan fiction aside from FFT fan fiction. At first I didn't really like how Delita's side of the story was mostly left untold and I really didn't like the way the story ended at first. I guess it wasn't that bad, it certainly stands out as one of the most memorable endings of any game that I've played and its pretty interesting to read what people have written on the anti-hero. Here's one I read earlier today.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:00 AM #86 of 129
I just read on the added characters, and Luso seems great too. He's just like Ramza, and he has Scream (which is now known as Shout apparantly). Can't wait to get Beowulf and Orlandu in on this. Team broken ++!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kagosin

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:03 AM #87 of 129
Isn't Balthier suppose to be strong as well?

How ya doing, buddy?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:36 AM #88 of 129
I think he's a combination of Mustadio's class and Thief. I never really made much use of Engineer, but I know it can be quite deadly when used correctly. Right now my battles are as brain dead as it gets. Kill Wiegraf? Ramza goes first turn, walks up to him and kills him one hit.

Kagosin

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:47 AM #89 of 129
Right now my battles are as brain dead as it gets. Kill Wiegraf? Ramza goes first turn, walks up to him and kills him one hit.

And Wiegraf is suppose to be a pain in the ass. XD

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:27 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 06:27 PM #90 of 129

And Wiegraf is suppose to be a pain in the ass. XD
He's easy, I had Ramza as a ninja. Walked upon him, two hits with ninja swords, and he was dead. Now Elmdor, now he's a bitch. Tried the same thing with him, but no, he had a First Strike. Killed my Ramza instantly, then he killed Rafa. Great.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kagosin

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:33 AM #91 of 129
He's easy, I had Ramza as a ninja. Walked upon him, two hits with ninja swords, and he was dead. Now Elmdor, now he's a bitch. Tried the same thing with him, but no, he had a First Strike. Killed my Ramza instantly, then he killed Rafa. Great.
I just hear people having more of a problem with Wiegraf for some reason.

Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:40 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 06:40 PM #92 of 129
Funny, now that I think of that, I remember having a hell of a time with Wiegraf in the PSX version. And on the other hand, Elmdor was really easy.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:48 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 11:48 AM #93 of 129
It now says "Usually ships within 5-15 days", so if you really want it, buy it from there. But if you're not going to bother with it aside from collection value, I wouldn't worry about what additional material it comes with.
Yeah, that's the generic "out of stock and we should have it before too long" response. Amazon's is similarly vague on a when it should-be-back-in front. They never outright say out of stock in situations such as these. Very aggrivating. Especially when you order and two days later it goes to "3 to 6 weeks". Hence the desire to order only if it's in stock.

I couldn't care less about the supplemental material, really. I'd give it a flip through to see how good or bad it was, but that's really about it. The best part is probably the nice cover art anywho.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:07 PM #94 of 129
The first battle can be a bit tough against him if you're not prepared.

Spoiler:
Wiegraf/Vellius on the other hand... well... Let's just hope you have Ramza equipped with Mettle secondary.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:30 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 12:30 AM #95 of 129
Yeah, that's the generic "out of stock and we should have it before too long" response. Amazon's is similarly vague on a when it should-be-back-in front. They never outright say out of stock in situations such as these. Very aggrivating. Especially when you order and two days later it goes to "3 to 6 weeks". Hence the desire to order only if it's in stock.

I couldn't care less about the supplemental material, really. I'd give it a flip through to see how good or bad it was, but that's really about it. The best part is probably the nice cover art anywho.
My copy of the guide has been shipped yesterday, according to the mail that I got from Play-Asia. I didn't think that they could ship it so fast, because I have seen few times that Play-Asia's "In Stock" is in fact not in stock. But I ordered it in last month, just to make sure that I would got it.

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 04:27 PM #96 of 129
weigraff easy? T-T my Ramxa is a monk and Weigraff is always playing first and doing me 140dmg which is more than half my HP, and every time I try to hit him, he block my attack. So I literally can't win the fight, because I can't one shot him and he always play first, so if by chance I manage to it him on my first turn he always kill me next move and if I try to heal me with chackra, i'm just using all my move to heal and never attacking him...

and you know what? I save just before the fight, so I can't win and can't do anything >.> god I hope I don't have to start over... the game. It's the first time I block on a fight and i's just totally unfair...

Additional Spam:
>.> well I just beat him, in one turn and just by luck. He it me for 140 first, which reduce me to 85hp, so one more attack and I'm dead. I walk in front of him and attack. and lucky me i did a critical hit that one shotted him XD I think I would have never beat him without that luck...

Last edited by Inhert; Oct 23, 2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:12 PM #97 of 129
Well I said Monk with dual wield. Also, is this the first time you fight him or the second?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:13 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 04:13 PM #98 of 129
No one resorts to the running away and speed boosting thing if they're underleveled anymore?

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:19 PM #99 of 129
^^ That's exactly what I was talking about earlier. xD

For comparison purposes, I have Ramza as a Monk with dual wield, and a separate Generic Ninja with bare handed. So far Ramza deals out an average of 120 per hit. The Ninja deals out about 60 per hit. They only have a 4 level difference also. I'll keep going with this to see how things turn out.

Last edited by Manny Biggz; Oct 23, 2007 at 05:28 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:39 PM #100 of 129
my Ramza only has monk and squire mastered and didn't do any other class yet >.< I think I'll train just to get duel wield, it seem very good. My Ramza is doing about 200dmg for 1 hit now, so it wasn't enough to kill Weigraf in one shot, but lucky me I did a critical for 484 dmg XD

I just hate to lv archer and thief to get ninja >.<

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics - The War of the Lions