Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Call this number now to get a free widget with your thingamabob?

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 06:31 PM #1 of 6
Call this number now to get a free widget with your thingamabob?

So we see television infomercials from time to time while watching the news, sitcoms, and what have you. They advertise anything from TV dinner trays, automatic food chopping devices, cell phone straps, mouse pads, and office stationary that cooks bagels for you.

It slices! It dices! It even chops wood! Made of space age material and crafted by the finest Jedi Masters, it’s the revolutionary, non-pollutionary, 100% satisfactory LIGHT SABER!

And then comes the infamous blue screen of marketing:
Originally Posted by TV LOL

CALL 1-800-999-ZOMG! NOW TO GET YOUR SPECIAL OFFER!

ONLY A LOW LOW PRICE OF 12 EASY PAYMENTS OF $9999.99 (plus the cost of S&H). Call now to receive your saber with a limited edition of Mark Hamill’s signature!

ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED!

Yes, we seen them all, and we know how these 2 to 3 minute infomercials make the product seem absolutely flawless and how it’d make our house life much more easier. ^___^

So tell me, have any of you or your parents ever dialed that number and said, SURE SIGN ME UP! For whatever they were buying? When the product came, did it meet their expectations for quality? Did they have any trouble setting whatever it was up for its intended use? Did you find any problems using the product?

Just to note, I’m not intending to get any weird gizmos from TV infomercials any time soon. I just always wanted to ask that when I saw them on TV.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

- What we all do best -
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 09:46 PM #2 of 6
I got a magic bullet. I didn't call the number, I actually saw it in a store. Somehow I feel an overwhelming distrust of buying stuff directly from a TV broadcast, but I don't mind buying the same product in the store.

For the record, the magic bullet owns.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:57 PM #3 of 6
The pasta cooker thing enticed me with the lid where you just switch a thing to make it open and close the holes. My mom then showed her disgust and demonstrated how much of a needless convenience that is by simply using the strainer and pouring the noodles into it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
brknredcrayon
meh..

Member 4079

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:53 PM #4 of 6
all i have to say is

SET IT AND......(audience) FORGET IT !

much love for Ron Popeil.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 10:14 PM #5 of 6
I bought one of those battery-less flashlights but it was at a "Bed Bath & Beyond". It does work although you have to shake it a lot to get a bright beam (still a rather useful tool if you actually run out of or can't find batteries).

I was speaking idiomatically.

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:16 AM #6 of 6
My dad bought a Get Smart shoe phone from Nick at Nite when they sold those on tv. But that's the only thing my family ever bought off of tv, and I've never purchased anything.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Call this number now to get a free widget with your thingamabob?