Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:42 PM #126 of 342
Pretty sure you could only nab that cel if you pre-order/reserve MGA2 (thus making it a "pre-order bonus"), but the clerk let me have this just for getting MGS3:S.

I'm eagerly awaiting a GFF-set match.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 03:58 PM #127 of 342
SOLDIER/Snatcher, sup?

Man I'm still in the office. Gonna be heading home *pretty* soon.

Also, I see your Snake Figure, and I raise you...
Spoiler:
You'll see.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:40 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 08:40 PM #128 of 342
A Kubrick? :P

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Love it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 07:04 PM #129 of 342
If it's a competition of figures, I'm sure you'd win. The MGS2 set is all I have, although I'd love that uber expensive MGS3 Snake, with the removal camo and eyepatch.

Hint: Try a Capture the Frog match with just revolvers, and the camps are just mere inches apart (the MGS3 cabin). Watch the insanity ensue. You could go a whole hour just trying to win one round.

In situations like this, it's better to just knock down the enemy rather than kill him. It'll take him much longer to recover than from respawning.

I have a few online questions:

1. I've been getting the following notice the two times I've logged on so far.

Quote:
Cannot create game in the current network enviroment
(519:179)
Gamefaqs didn't give a solid answer, but the belief is that something needs to be configured in my ports. I'm not sure how to do that though.

2. Is there a way to increase the volume in my headset (I have the one that came with SOCOM)? All the music, yelling, and shooting drowns out the voices (though voice chat hasn't been used much so far; for a game like this it isn't too required).

3. Is there a way to disable the echo in my headset? It's annoying to hear my own voice whenever I talk.

4. Still not sure how to use the voice taunts on characters like Ocelot. I'd ask someone in the game, but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to hear their answer (see number 3).

I really hope the online mode gets updated. It'd be awesome to have new character skins added like Vamp (blood sucking CQC!), MGS2 Snake (with the far superior spin kick), Old Ocelot, etc.

Speaking of CQC, the very first thing that happened to me when I first got online was suffer the wrath of Raikov's crotch-grabbing attack. Seriously, it was like he was waiting for me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 15, 2006 at 07:25 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 06:11 PM #130 of 342
Originally Posted by Pietak
A Kubrick? :P
Not quite...

Well SOLDIER, you win the Limited Edition, since Canadian EB Games got nothing on that. What is this thing.

WRRRYYYYY:

what's up?

And oh for christ sakes I realize its the SE wallpaper, I just can't find any good resolution Subsistence wallpapers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Mar 15, 2006 at 08:42 PM.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:35 PM #131 of 342
Yeah so apparently GameStop doesn't know jack shit. After I got off the phone with them I went to cancel my order altogether because chances are I could get the LE version elsewhere rather than having to wait until next Thursday, only my order on GameStop had changed from "Back Ordered" to "Processing".

Curious by the change in status I decided to wait it out and lo and behold my order shipped.

I won't be online for awhile though. I need a Network Adapter and an Ethernet cable because my PC is one room and my PS2/TV in the other.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:57 PM #132 of 342
Quote:
what's up?
That's the one, alright. If I could get a good deal on it, I'd consider buying it myself. Or maybe I'll just wait for the MGS4 figure.

Also, I thought of the perfect edition to this game. In the vein of Snake vs Many, let's have a new mode:

Ninja vs Many

Imagine reliving the hallway massacre from Twin Snakes, as a group of soldiers try to bring down the steath-camo, bullet-deflecting Ninja. God that would so rock.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 07:08 PM #133 of 342
Go to yesasia.com and wait until Xmas. I got mine for $124USD with free shipping. Don't buy it now, as the price is above $160 USD.

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:54 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 06:54 PM #134 of 342
The intro for Monkey vs. Snake in Disc 2....

Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:15 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:15 AM #135 of 342
Originally Posted by Spatula
WRRRYYYYY:
what's up?
[/SIZE]

Damn! Nice. I'm working on getting a Kubrick, but I've got the whole MGS2 McFarlane set.

...Tried getting that Ninja from the first set, but that's too expensive and not as quality.

FELIPE NO
Love it.
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:45 PM #136 of 342
Fiancee picked up the LE for me today and shipped it out, hope it's here soon.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:50 PM #137 of 342
Ack, it's too bad you guys created accounts already. I was thinking we could do what the Penny-Arcade board did and have accounts with [GFF] in front of our names.

That way, all you have to do is player-search for [GFF] and you can see where everyone else is.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:15 PM #138 of 342
Wow, I'm only at like the 3rd screen and already an hour has passed. Had a little fun with the crocs. Remember folks, I've never played Snake Eater before, so this is a whole new experience for me.

- What we all do best -
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:17 PM #139 of 342
I'm pretty sure they let you create clans, so we could always make up a GFF clan. You could change your name also, I believe (I do like SNATCHER as it is, without inserting any abbreviations or anything).

After some help from a friend, I managed to enable myself to create my own games. So as a test run, I created a free for all Deathmatch with knives as the only weapon, and set it in the Lost City.

The result? Utter insanity as more and more people gradually jumped in and ran around the city, chasing one another with knives, trying to roll unto one another, or CQC each other to submission.

Many highlights occured. Me fighting off 3 people at once with nothing but my fists. Two guys rolling each other into unconsciousness. Me tossing someone with CQC, followed by a salute taunt. Said guy retailiates by tossing me back, then salutes himself. Then we both take a few steps back, knives ready, but make sure to salute each other before we run in.

Then by the last 5 minutes, things got crazy. Everyone decided to relocate to the center of the city street and just wail on each other. It was like a gangware. Then me and another guy knocked each other out, to which we frantically rotate the analog stick to see how recovers first. The loser is unfortunately stabbed to death as he lies on the floor. Incidentally, it seems a knife to the groin gives you an instant death.

Lots of hilarity, and it was just a test run. Shit, I love this game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:35 PM #140 of 342
I just got home, after a long day of school and work.

Between getting off from class and going to work, I visited EB (because Futureshop didn't have it when I went in the morning), and picked up a copy. A regular copy, not LE or anything.

I don't have an network adapter with my PS2 Fat, so you guys probably won't see me online.

But I'm REALLY thinking of getting one, just to play this game online.

Spatula, enjoy the game

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 08:47 PM #141 of 342
I just noticed that the lag (when you used the radio) on the regular game has been fixed. Im glad they took the time to fix little things like that.

Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:55 PM #142 of 342
Originally Posted by Cat9
I just noticed that the lag (when you used the radio) on the regular game has been fixed. Im glad they took the time to fix little things like that.
Nice.

That lag got annoying in the original pretty quick. At first, I thought there was something wrong with my PS2.

I'm gonna be looking for new Easter Eggs. Kojima likes to shakes things up.

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:28 AM #143 of 342
Just picked this up today. I think I'm going to have scant difficulty keeping busy until Ace Combat Zero shows up. Of course, Warship Gunner 2 (Total Playstation preview) and The Godfather might 'help' with that when they come out.
So the PS3 got delayed? Oh well, it's not like the PS2 is dead or anything...

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:28 AM #144 of 342
Grr, why is it I sometimes die immediately after I respawn, and it's listed as a suicide (snatcher kills snatcher). This happened like crazy in my last game. Why does this occur? Also, the last game I was in was very laggy (though other people were complaining about that too).

I wonder how you can search for people's names online (before you add them to your friend list)?

Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:35 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 10:35 PM #145 of 342
I like how this is fun. Like 6 out of the 8(?) maps are awesome, the other 2 are boring though. I've only played (Team)Deathmatch so far but it's really fun and surprisngly easy learning curve. It only took me like 1 round to get the hang of things.

The suicide thing was probably the lag, I like how that guy was 28.8k. To search for other people go to join game then press start.

I'm getting some lag, but I'm chalking that up to my connection. The lag is cleverly sort of hidden, only a few instances will I get some massive BS like getting shot through 5 walls.

Last edited by Casaubon; Mar 16, 2006 at 01:14 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:42 AM #146 of 342
Raikov's CQC is the best move in the whole game. Awesome to use, and I just know it's pissing off the other player.

Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:52 AM #147 of 342
The LE is going for crazy coin on eBay, anyone from here selling or bidding on one of those?

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:50 AM #148 of 342
Originally Posted by Godai
The LE is going for crazy coin on eBay, anyone from here selling or bidding on one of those?
Nope but I can't say I'm not tempted to sell mine seeing how much they're going for....

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Simo; Mar 16, 2006 at 06:56 AM.
randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:26 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 12:26 PM #149 of 342
Ohh crap, i'm just gonna have to buy a Network adaptor and a Router so i can get my PS2 online for this. The PAL release has been moved back a good few months, i'm tempted to download the 2nd disc in the mean time to get going with online but i dunno whether to, i might just wait, SOLDIER, liking your name in the game, and that match you created sounds so damn fun :biggrin:

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 09:49 AM #150 of 342
OMG I win! (Spatula successfully pulls of a "Solid Snake" at the work place)

Yesterday, I was talking to a female colleague about what we were going to do when we got home. She said some stuff about chores and laundry, cooking etc. I said that I was going to play video games (ie…MGS3) and saying that “yeah it’s a guy thing etc etc etc”. And she’s like… okay so how does sneaking around and hiding yourself apply to the real world? I was like, “herm, I’ll show you sometime”.

So today at the office, she was out of her cubicle talking to one of the managers and I snuck in and hid myself behind a coat rack and crouched down. Basically I was behind a desk and coat rack but my feet were somewhat sticking out. She walks in and doesn’t suspect a thing. She sits down and looks at her computer. I then whisper, “what’s up?” and TOTALLY freaks her out. She had a good laugh after, and then I said, “Application of experience”. So kids, what’s the story? Crouching down and hiding WORKS (provided they are totally un-expecting it), but now she’s more cautious and I’ve lost the element of surprise. FUNNY!~~~~

- What we all do best -

Tags
best majym, links zuppd

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence