Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Better at video games when you were younger?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2008, 04:21 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2008, 03:21 AM 2 #26 of 34
They call me Hadoken, because I'm down right fierce.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

RisingPhoenix
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 28098

Level 2.50

Feb 2008

Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:25 AM #27 of 34
I generally got a lot better with age. I've never been very good at games, but I'm a lot better at FPS than I used to be. I remember playing platformers too which I found difficult to judge distance in when I was young and finding them a lot easier now that I'm older. Generally though it's hard to tell since I don't play challenging games to begin with. I guess the only thing I can say is that I can beat my brother is a few games - rather than none. :P

How ya doing, buddy?
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:59 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2008, 12:59 AM #28 of 34
They call me Hadoken, because I'm down right fierce.
ROFL! Is that your own quip?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:29 AM #29 of 34
It's hard to answer, personally. I don't play much outside of RPGs. With this respect, I've gotten better than I used to be, or at least about as better as you can get with RPGs. Strategy RPGs, on the other hand, I've probably gotten better at because it's more mental. Platformer games, I'm probably about the same. I can still hold my own on games like New SMB and SMG and such. Then again, I didn't play that many platformers at a young age (playing RPGs at the time), and this is pretty much the same for all other genres. Games I never played, I'm sure I still don't play. Games I played somewhat, I can't say I've gotten better because I don't play them often (again outside of RPGs).

So, no, I can't say I was better at video games when I was younger since I didn't play a wide enough array of different games to say definitively support nor refute that argument outside of RPGs, which I'd say I've gotten better at.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Feb 26, 2008, 09:33 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2008, 07:33 AM #30 of 34
It's not.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:27 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 09:27 PM #31 of 34
Nope, though I can't remember where I lifted it from.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:28 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 09:28 PM #32 of 34
as a girl, we are never good at games :[

ever (if a girl is, she's a lesbo)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 03:33 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2008, 08:33 PM #33 of 34
Um... WTF?! Girls are pretty good at rhythm games as far as I can see.

How ya doing, buddy?
Frozen Memories
Mein Donnerkeil

Member 26940

Level 8.46

Dec 2007

Old Mar 14, 2008, 05:15 PM #34 of 34
as a girl, we are never good at games :[

ever (if a girl is, she's a lesbo)
Hahaha, great job. You hit the nail right on the head with that one.

I must be crazy. How coulda girl ever be so good as to pick up a controller and use hand-eye coordination to PLAY A GAME? Man, must be those fake nails getting in the way or something....

--
To make this post not spam.... Another thing I've noticed is, I have a lot more time to play games than before. But, on top of that, I have way more games to play, so, I never spend as much time with them as when I was younger. So, though I might play more types of games, I really never master any of them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Better at video games when you were younger?