Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 06:47 PM #551 of 1941
Ever seen the human faces up close? Those ain't too pretty either =(

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:04 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 12:04 AM #552 of 1941
I can attest that the human female pirate face from noggenfogger and deviate delight is most certainly fugly.

Meanwhile, undead women are relatively hot, in comparison to the other Horde races.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:41 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 09:41 PM #553 of 1941
Originally Posted by Talbain
Rolling Alliance just because Horde doesn't look pretty is typical of players that don't realize what they're getting into.

Give Horde a chance. All of my experiences with a Horde character have been far above and beyond anything I've done on Alliance.
But... they're so ugly. I want someting pretty.
Are you able to fix them up a little?
I want Luscious Hair, I can't stand an ugly character. Would you look at The Matrix If Keanu reeves was Substituted with Mr. Bean.
My mom delayed the purchase again. When I do get it, I will try Everything.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:07 PM #554 of 1941
You're able to customize your character to a certain extent when you create it; the options depend on your selected race. Night Elves, for example, can have several different skin tones (so no, they don't all have to be purple), while Trolls can select different tusk styles. You'll never be able to make a "unique"-looking character, since there're so many players, but you have a decent range of appearances to mix and match.

Play around with the different settings when you're creating characters. If you're concerned about playing an ugly character, most Horde race/gender combinations have at least a couple "pretty" faces you can choose from - Troll females leap to mind.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 09:31 PM #555 of 1941
Originally Posted by Rayne
What are you talking about? Please remember that I don't have the game yet.
I will be getting it soon.
Basically, hunters have these moves that place a trap on the ground. When you walk over them, something happens, either a damage-over-time (DOT) is applied to the person, or he's slowed, or he's frozen and unable to act. When 1.10 came out (the newest patch), the development team decided to hide traps using the same mechanic that Rogues used, whereas before they used a different mechanic. In the process of doing this, they tweaked the mechanics, and by doing so effectively ruined any viability that stealth once had. However, 1.11 is coming out soon, and it's HOPED (I'm not sure if it will happen) that one of the changes they will make is buffing the stealth mechanic.

Besides, even IF it is fixed, stealth is hardly good. An AMAZING amount of things break it. Warrior shouts, mages' AoE, human's racial ability (every race has a race-specific ability; the human racial increases stealth detection for a few seconds), a Shaman's Chain Lightning (fixed in 1.11), a Hunter's Multi-Shot (also fixed in 1.11), a Hunter's Flare ability, a Druid's Hurricane move... to make a long story short, EVERY class has some way to bring you out of stealth, and if they do, then you've basically lost.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:45 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 01:45 AM #556 of 1941
And I lost my big ass post in reply.

Shammies = PVP
Pallies = PVE(And some PVP)

Just because loladins have something doesn't mean you get it. I don't know how to make macros so I don't bother with it. It used to target them, and it might say in the manuel about whatever but guess what? Rogues are suppose to be escape artists and those who use things to get ahead in battle and win but I don't see that happening a lot since everyone has a counter for it.

I don't see druids getting fucked by going restro. I've seen plenty of druids go feral or even balanced and still raid. That moonkin form is actually quite useful.

Second, if you want to go by the book, it said that totems are only suppose to buff thier parties.

Third, I bet if they did give you what you want. Then there would be less demand for shammies cause they don't need as many as you. Then we'd be at square one cause I bet there are a lot of loladins who get screwed out of a raid cause of less demand for them.

Fourth, just becuase a loladin has somehting, doens't mean you get it.

Horde and Allaince are TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS.

Horde is suppose to be different from alliance and visa versa.

Shammies are different from loladins.

Sorry, the day that shammies become so similiar to pallies is the day I die.

Anther thing, I don't know what else I'm going to say cause I'm tired and I lost my post cause some reason I wasn't logged in but I was cause that's the first thing I do.

Shammies aren't suppose to be like loladins.

Alliance and Horde are suppose to be different.

Shammies don't always get fucked like you do.
Blah blah blah blah.

I'm sure every class gets pigoned into some 'forced' spec. Priests are always forced to go holy/desc.

Most locks are afflication due to PVE demands.

Rogues are suppose to go daggers but I don't.

Oh and it is hard for me to understand just as hard as it for you to understand my point of view. /sarcasm.

Oh and anther thing, not every class is suppose to be great at everything. That includes PVEing or PVPing.

Double Post:
Oh and you cry like a mage does.

OMG WE LACK THIS AND THIS AND THIS.

HELLO, mages are SUPPORT. MOTHER FUCKING SUPPORT. They aren't suppose to be monster DPS. They are support and talent dependant. What they are good at dealing damage depends on their talent. I feel no pity for mages AT ALL.

Nor are you suppose to be doing monster damage like a mage.

You are a mage warrior as a I see it. You deal monster damage every what 5 secs if you spec right and melee the target.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!

Last edited by Zio; Jun 15, 2006 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:10 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 12:10 AM #557 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Rogues are suppose to go daggers but I don't.
Haha, what? Sword or fist spec rogues can do crazy damage in both pvp and pve settings. Rogues have quite some versatility as far as specs go, and daggers (unless you go combat daggers) aren't the best for dps in raid instances because of the unreliable burst damage.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:39 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 07:39 AM #558 of 1941
Rolling Alliance just because Horde doesn't look pretty is typical of players that don't realize what they're getting into.

Give Horde a chance. All of my experiences with a Horde character have been far above and beyond anything I've done on Alliance.

This man wins the prize.

Back in the day on our server the Alliance side would pretty much shut down around 9 PM or so. This was only during the school year. I lol'd.

@Zio: Try learning about the subject before making a giant, rambling post.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Six Machine; Jun 15, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:21 PM #559 of 1941

Eh I went Alliance because that's what I always liked back in old school Warcraft II. Plus, back then all my friends were always "HORDE RULEZ!" so I wanted to go against the flow....at least back then.

It took me awhile, but I finally gained an appreciation for some of the horde's areas (The Barrens, Stonetalon Mountain, etc), but I will add, that it took me much longer to gain that appreciation than it took for most of the alliance's areas where I felt immediatly immersed. I remember how it felt like I was in the middle of nowhere when I started in Durotar for the first time, which I guess is somewhat accurate, but at the same time lacked a good immersive feeling that a place like Elwynn Forest brought.

FELIPE NO

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:39 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 07:39 PM #560 of 1941
I agree with the notion that Blizzard has introduced the Alliance a bit better, and play the Horde as underdogs in the whole ordeal. I don't like the starting areas (aside from the brilliant Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest), but the play style just plain differs. What other game has you set up to be the bad guy?

Sure, you can have your standard out-of-the-box adventure as a human or "good" race like any other game, but the Horde gives you a different experience. Yes, they're ugly. Yes, the Barrens isn't so great. However, past the starting areas you're in for a treat as the adventuring becomes far less standardized than what the Alliance offers.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:46 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 02:46 PM #561 of 1941
Six: I had a better post and I already know about the subject on had. Don't give the lrn2play or any other bullshit.

Jessy: I was talking more of PVP and I've been told by some guilds to be FORCED to go daggers to raid and I told them to fuck off. In PVP, any rogue even the dumbass ones can two hit someone even people who are geared out.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 03:56 PM #562 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Shammies = PVP
Pallies = PVE(And some PVP)
You just lost what little respect I had. If you HONESTLY think that shammies are for PVP and pallies are for PVE, then you are a complete fucktard. Seriously, a well-played pally is a) nearly impossible to kill, and b) can provide enough damage to take down most other classes. A paladin flag carrier in WSG is essentially GG, because there's almost no way a good pally can die if he has an iota of support. And then let's go into shammies. In PVP, we CAN frontload a bunch of damage, but... that's about it. We have no crowd control (the only class without ANY whatsoever), we have less survivability than warriors or pallies (but more than mages), and we have no lasting power (which is thankfully a non-issue in PVP, as fights rarely last over 30 seconds).

The only thing that makes us good in PVP is our good frontloading ability. If we didn't have that, we would be gimp in EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Just because loladins have something doesn't mean you get it.
Who said I wanted Greater Blessings? I wanted something DIFFERENT from blessings, yet as EFFECTIVE, because pallies and shammies are FACTION-SPECIFIC. AN IMBALANCE BETWEEN THESE TWO CLASSES IN RAIDING IS AN IMBALANCE IN THE TWO FACTIONS IN RAIDING.

How many times do I have to say this?

Quote:
I don't know how to make macros so I don't bother with it. It used to target them, and it might say in the manuel about whatever but guess what? Rogues are suppose to be escape artists and those who use things to get ahead in battle and win but I don't see that happening a lot since everyone has a counter for it.
You can EASILY make a macro, or if you're too lazy, copy/paste somebody else's. Please don't use your laziness as an excuse for it.

Quote:
I don't see druids getting fucked by going restro. I've seen plenty of druids go feral or even balanced and still raid. That moonkin form is actually quite useful.
Yet shammies ARE fucked by going resto, AND are forced to go Resto, because elemental and enhancement SUCK ASS for raiding. The ONLY similarity between druids and shammies as a class is our 31 point talent in Resto, which does almost the EXACT SAME THING, with the difference being that OURS affects multiple people (both good and bad; how useful is MTT in a party where one guy, usually the shammy, is OOM, yet the other is at nearly full mana, compared to a party with a bunch of OOM members?) and doesn't scale (VERY bad; how useful is MTT to somebody with a 10k mana pool?)

Quote:
Second, if you want to go by the book, it said that totems are only suppose to buff thier parties.
And the raid isn't your party? =\

Quote:
Third, I bet if they did give you what you want. Then there would be less demand for shammies cause they don't need as many as you. Then we'd be at square one cause I bet there are a lot of loladins who get screwed out of a raid cause of less demand for them.
Oh. My. Fucking. GOD.

Please don't tell me you just fucking paraphrased TSERIC.

There is one GIGANTIC, GAPING HOLE in your logic: PEOPLE DON'T WANT SHAMMIES ANYWAY. There are multiple guilds that are shaving the amount of shammies in raids and instead taking a rogue/fury warrior for DPS, or a priest/druid for healing, and being a more effective raid because of it. Right now, you simply don't need a shaman for ANY encounter in the game, period, except MAYBE Viscidus, who drops utter shit for loot. Yet with every other class, there is at least one situation where they are needed. Giving a shaman the option of ONE raid-wide totem from a selection of several would not only make them viable, but at LEAST maintain the status quo of shammies taken along (2-3 in most raids, IIRC) and possibly even INCREASE the amount.

Quote:
Fourth, just becuase a loladin has somehting, doens't mean you get it.
We don't want pally skills, we want pally EFFECTIVENESS.

Quote:
Horde and Allaince are TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS.

Horde is suppose to be different from alliance and visa versa.

Shammies are different from loladins.
So... by this logic, we should just give up on class balance because, hey, the classes are different!

Give me a fucking break.

Quote:
I'm sure every class gets pigoned into some 'forced' spec. Priests are always forced to go holy/desc.
Yet there ARE options. Some druids are allowed to go Feral. Some priests are allowed to go shadow. Some warriors are allowed to go Fury. Yet NO shammies are allowed to go elemental or enhancement, except for the occasional one specced into imp GOA (our second 31-point Enhancement talent), and THAT is getting combined with imp SOE next patch... so now you'll see EVERY shaman being forced to spec Resto, and JUST RESTO. Yet with other classes, they have different options. How can you NOT SEE THE PROBLEM WITH THIS?

Quote:
Oh and it is hard for me to understand just as hard as it for you to understand my point of view. /sarcasm.
I don't understand your point of view because it ignores all logic, has absolutely no common sense to it, and throws class AND faction balance out the window.

Quote:
Oh and anther thing, not every class is suppose to be great at everything. That includes PVEing or PVPing.
So... why is it then that we even HAVE PVP, if there are classes that cannot PVP well? Or why do we have PVE, if there are classes that cannot PVE well?

Quote:
HELLO, mages are SUPPORT. MOTHER FUCKING SUPPORT. They aren't suppose to be monster DPS. They are support and talent dependant. What they are good at dealing damage depends on their talent. I feel no pity for mages AT ALL.
What the FUCK? Mages are SUPPORT?

You are now officially a complete fucking moron. What does your raid do with mages, have them vend bread/water for the raid, then kick all but two out for decursing? =\

Quote:
Nor are you suppose to be doing monster damage like a mage.
Congratulations on contradicting yourself, and within the space of 5 sentences, too!

Quote:
You are a mage warrior as a I see it. You deal monster damage every what 5 secs if you spec right and melee the target.
Only problem is that if we DO that "monster damage," we either get aggro, die, and possibly cause a wipe, or... we run out of mana and are completely worthless. Oh, and aren't we supposed to not be doing that monster damage?

Christ, stop trolling already. That's honestly the only thing I can think of to explain this shit you're spewing. In that last paragraph, you contradicted yourself THREE times in eight sentences. I honestly can't believe that somebody can be so ignorant of basic game design principles like class balance, which leaves you doing this bullshit on purpose. AKA trolling. =\

EDIT:

Note to self: Trying to 4-man BRD with a 50 shammy (me), a 54 rogue, a 60 hunter, and a shield-less 54 warrior (good friend of mine trying to save up to respec Prot) is NOT a good idea.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jun 16, 2006 at 01:28 AM.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 04:24 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 04:24 AM #563 of 1941
Once again I lost my post due to some how being logged out.

Griffin you can say what you will but I have a different opinion based on what I've seen and what my shammy friends are telling me.

Second, no one recruits shadow priests or feral druids. Sorry.

Third, you started trolling me so I trolled back. Stop crying.

I'll agree that we disagree with each other.

All I know is you seemed that you are getting gimped and etc. Most shammies don't and I don't see any cut backs, or anything within my guild. We take a healthy ammount of shammies along. Maybe manatide needs to be able to rank up to restore more mana. And they aren't gimped into resto tree either since they can cause enough DPS and not drag out aggro.

Oh and you need shammies/hunters to train in Razorgore battle. You forgot that one.

I still see nothing wrong cause to me, if totems could buff the whole raid, that seems like greater blessing to me.

EDIT: By mages being support, I mean they are support DPS too, you are the fucktard who read it wrong. They are a support DPS class. They aren't suppose to take hits but do good DPS.

EDIT AGAIN: I don't know who tesric is so don't compare me to him.

Macros might be easy for you to figure out but to me I got /shrugs when I try to make them and I never bothered to look upon the macro section to even bother with it. I just use my next target ability from the key and target them seperately now.

Originally Posted by Zio

Last edited by Zio; Jun 16, 2006 at 04:30 AM.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 04:32 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 02:32 AM #564 of 1941
Things change. Did you know rogues were the primary melee damage dealers? Try putting an epic fury warrior in there against an epic rogue and see who comes out on top.

Mages were once listed as primary ranged damage dealers also. Not quite the same anymore. Seems to have usurped by hunters if you ask me. Tanks were listed as being for "People who would rather TAKE damage". Blizzard is pretty much going to make everybody a dps class and just let everybody sort it out in the end. Seems like the current trend if you ask me, and it will destroy the game.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 05:34 AM #565 of 1941
Things change. Did you know rogues were the primary melee damage dealers? Try putting an epic fury warrior in there against an epic rogue and see who comes out on top.

Mages were once listed as primary ranged damage dealers also. Not quite the same anymore. Seems to have usurped by hunters if you ask me. Tanks were listed as being for "People who would rather TAKE damage". Blizzard is pretty much going to make everybody a dps class and just let everybody sort it out in the end. Seems like the current trend if you ask me, and it will destroy the game.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard is going to start forcing warriors to be protection. Much like the new Druid set (Dreamwalker or whatever it is called) have all healing bonuses. Druids are being forced into healing.

It really is starting to irritate me how some of the crap in this game is starting to go. Even the new Argent Dawn rewards are ass. OOOH an 18 slot bag. AAAAH a choice of some epic shit that doesn't really have anything for a warrior. 3 new blacksmithing plans for frost-based armor.. oh wait, I need to go into Naxx to get them. ._.

Most amazing jew boots

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 11:09 AM #566 of 1941
It seems more like warlock is primary range DPS while mages are support/secondary. :X

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:40 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 10:40 AM #567 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Second, no one recruits shadow priests or feral druids. Sorry.
...what? So you're telling me that a raid will refuse to recruit classes that can either spec for insanely good healing, or spec to either do damn good damage approaching the best of their type (rogues and warlocks) and give either a massive buff to warlock DPS along with free spot healing for the party, or a free 3% crit to either spells or melee? Even assuming that the guild doesn't force a resto or holy/disc build with the first recruit, when that raid needs more DPS, then who is going to be allowed to respec? Will it be a priest or druid, or will it be a shammy, who brings along worse DPS than either of those two, and no additional benefits to the raid that both of the other classes bring along?

Quote:
All I know is you seemed that you are getting gimped and etc. Most shammies don't and I don't see any cut backs, or anything within my guild. We take a healthy ammount of shammies along. Maybe manatide needs to be able to rank up to restore more mana. And they aren't gimped into resto tree either since they can cause enough DPS and not drag out aggro.
And I congratulate your guild for being willing to stick with shammies. I doubt they're in the majority.

Quote:
Oh and you need shammies/hunters to train in Razorgore battle. You forgot that one.
IIRC, the earthbind totem has become less effective with Razorgore. Oh, and as a side note, Grounding Totem USED to work with Princess Huhuran, effectively eliminating the need for a second tank, but guess what: it's getting nerfed in 1.11. In other words, there are almost no encounters that are easier for Horde to do than Alliance, and on the precious few there are, the method gets nerfed. ._.

Quote:
I still see nothing wrong cause to me, if totems could buff the whole raid, that seems like greater blessing to me.
That's only one of the suggestions floating around, though. It's the one I like the best, but there are others, ranging from the overpowered (elements that replace totems, following you around while providing the same buff), the reasonable (totems cost mana over time, but do not interrupt spirit regen), to the downright hilarious.

Quote:
EDIT: By mages being support, I mean they are support DPS too, you are the fucktard who read it wrong. They are a support DPS class. They aren't suppose to take hits but do good DPS.
So... in other words, they're supposed to do damage? In other words, DPS?

DPS =/= SUPPORT.

Quote:
Macros might be easy for you to figure out but to me I got /shrugs when I try to make them and I never bothered to look upon the macro section to even bother with it. I just use my next target ability from the key and target them seperately now.
Soo.... in other words, you're too lazy to download a relatively simple macro, and then turned around and complained about how Blade Flurry doesn't hit totems. Hell, given some thought, I could probably think up one right here:

/target totem
/cast Sinister Strike
/script TargetLastEnemy ()

I can't guarantee that would work, but it's definitely how one would work. The problem I see with this is if a shammy laid out a Healing Stream (rather useless) and then a Fire Nova (AOE burst damage, and quite a bit of it), and the macro attacked the Healing Stream. Oh, and once you get your shammy target back, you'll need to hit the attack button again. But that SHOULD work.

FELIPE NO
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 02:57 PM #568 of 1941
Ok I just got it. Right now I'm savoring my few moments before I open it.
What server is everyone on?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 01:58 PM #569 of 1941
I agree with the notion that Blizzard has introduced the Alliance a bit better, and play the Horde as underdogs in the whole ordeal. I don't like the starting areas (aside from the brilliant Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest), but the play style just plain differs. What other game has you set up to be the bad guy?

Sure, you can have your standard out-of-the-box adventure as a human or "good" race like any other game, but the Horde gives you a different experience. Yes, they're ugly. Yes, the Barrens isn't so great. However, past the starting areas you're in for a treat as the adventuring becomes far less standardized than what the Alliance offers.
Mulgore is my favorite starting area for the horde, followed by Tirisfal Glades. I like how Mulgore imparts that sense of the Tauren as a race. It just feels like a place that represents them well, while giving a feeling of wonder and awe as well. Too bad you have to leave it so quickly though

I actually enjoy the Barrens nowadays. It feels like a place with hidden jewels in the forms of the oasises, while also feeling like a place of peaceful tranquility as you travel about it. Maybe that's because I play with the music off though, and since the horde are so underplayed, I hardly ever see many players around there (unless I'm at the Crossroads) when on my horde characters.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 12:26 PM #570 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
I'm pretty sure Blizzard is going to start forcing warriors to be protection. Much like the new Druid set (Dreamwalker or whatever it is called) have all healing bonuses. Druids are being forced into healing.

It really is starting to irritate me how some of the crap in this game is starting to go. Even the new Argent Dawn rewards are ass. OOOH an 18 slot bag. AAAAH a choice of some epic shit that doesn't really have anything for a warrior. 3 new blacksmithing plans for frost-based armor.. oh wait, I need to go into Naxx to get them. ._.
It doesn't FORCE warriors to be protection. It does if you want your SET armor, but there is plenty of DPS armor that is non-set that will drop in Naxx just like it did in MC and BWL. Just like there is plenty of +damage non-class armor for shaman and druids and so forth. Set armor is usually designed around what that class SHOULD be doing in an instance, doesn't mean they have to. And I mean, it's been that way since Might. Put on full Wrath and you'll have 10% crit (with talents) but near 430 defense.

Also, I'm the server Hyjal.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
jedi optimus
Everybody's Favorite Transforming Jedi!

Member 5617

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 04:16 PM #571 of 1941
Ursin Alliance here. :-)

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:59 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 11:59 PM #572 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
...what? So you're telling me that a raid will refuse to recruit classes that can either spec for insanely good healing, or spec to either do damn good damage approaching the best of their type (rogues and warlocks) and give either a massive buff to warlock DPS along with free spot healing for the party, or a free 3% crit to either spells or melee? Even assuming that the guild doesn't force a resto or holy/disc build with the first recruit, when that raid needs more DPS, then who is going to be allowed to respec? Will it be a priest or druid, or will it be a shammy, who brings along worse DPS than either of those two, and no additional benefits to the raid that both of the other classes bring along?
If they need more DPS, they normally recruit DPS classes. Most guilds see druids/priests as heal bots.

Quote:
IIRC, the earthbind totem has become less effective with Razorgore. Oh, and as a side note, Grounding Totem USED to work with Princess Huhuran, effectively eliminating the need for a second tank, but guess what: it's getting nerfed in 1.11. In other words, there are almost no encounters that are easier for Horde to do than Alliance, and on the precious few there are, the method gets nerfed. ._.
What the fuck? <_<; Now that's gay, though I forgot what she did but I know that grounding totemed saved us a lot.

Quote:
So... in other words, they're supposed to do damage? In other words, DPS?

DPS =/= SUPPORT.
Are they on the front line? Taking hits? Like a warrior, rogue or perhaps a shammy or pally? No they are in the back dishing out DPS, polies and descurses.

I see support in the back line of battle and frontline being primary.

Quote:
Soo.... in other words, you're too lazy to download a relatively simple macro, and then turned around and complained about how Blade Flurry doesn't hit totems. Hell, given some thought, I could probably think up one right here:

/target totem
/cast Sinister Strike
/script TargetLastEnemy ()
I never bothered to script, I never said I was lazy but something like a macro boggles the mind to me, that is why I didn't bother but using tab usually works... Oh and if you thought combo lost was fixed some reason it happens in PVP a lot and a little in PVE. <_<;

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:47 AM #573 of 1941
It doesn't FORCE warriors to be protection. It does if you want your SET armor, but there is plenty of DPS armor that is non-set that will drop in Naxx just like it did in MC and BWL. Just like there is plenty of +damage non-class armor for shaman and druids and so forth. Set armor is usually designed around what that class SHOULD be doing in an instance, doesn't mean they have to. And I mean, it's been that way since Might. Put on full Wrath and you'll have 10% crit (with talents) but near 430 defense.

Also, I'm the server Hyjal.

Yeah, I know. It's just major suckage is all. I really don't like being protect-spec and until I can get comfortable enough in-game to where I can go back into Fury/Arms without being asked to tank someplace, I'll switch back.

Also I'm trying to get my guild restarted from the ground-up practically and it's failing hard. No one wants to help get a guild together, everyone would rather leave and go someplace that has everywhere on farm status. It's really starting to annoy me just a bit.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 02:28 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 12:28 AM #574 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
If they need more DPS, they normally recruit DPS classes. Most guilds see druids/priests as heal bots.
Ehh, I dunno. Some servers might have no raiders available, and with some it might be cheaper to have a current member respec than recruit a new guy whom they don't know the skill of, have to gear up to raid well, and may just turn out to be a loot whore that will leave the second he gets that epic he wants.

Besides, the main thing that shadowpriests and suicide kitty druids bring isn't the DPS (although they DO give out good DPS), but incredible utility in the form of either Vampiric Embrace and Shadow Weaving (one which, when placed in a party that has low health needs, essentially removes it from consideration in terms of healing, and the other, again, massively buffing warlock DPS), or LotP/Moonkin aura, which provide a damn good +crit bonus for just being in the party.

Quote:
Are they on the front line? Taking hits? Like a warrior, rogue or perhaps a shammy or pally? No they are in the back dishing out DPS, polies and descurses.

I see support in the back line of battle and frontline being primary.
Errr.... okay. So Hunters, who provide some of the best DPS in the game (JUST below rogues and Fury warriors, IIRC) are support DPS?

Meh, whatever. Just so long as you don't think that support is shit like decursing/buffing/healing.

Quote:
I never bothered to script, I never said I was lazy but something like a macro boggles the mind to me, that is why I didn't bother but using tab usually works... Oh and if you thought combo lost was fixed some reason it happens in PVP a lot and a little in PVE. <_<;
True, I forgot about CP lost. I heard a NICE suggestion that made combo points a non-dispellable self-buff instead of a mob-specific thing on the rogue forums. But still, macros are relatively easy. I HAD three before WoW crashed and deleted all my mods/macros: two of them were for bullshit like yelling out a phrase in Trollish before switching back to Orcish, and another for targeting a Stoneskin totem and /guffawing, and the third was one I needed to mash twice to get an insta-cast self heal off. =\

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jun 17, 2006 at 02:32 AM.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 03:42 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 01:42 AM #575 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
The set doesn't force you into anything. When I need to tank I put on my Wrath set. When I DPS I put on my DPS set made up of the random DPS drops. The official tier sets are made to enchance your primary role in a raid. If someone doesn't find themself in that role very often then they probably shouldn't use that set.

Furthermore, Dreadnaught is 100% badass for tanking. The eight piece bonus is insane. After the prot warriors have their pieces I'm going to snatch that shit up. This is coming from an armys/fury warrior.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft