Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 01:13 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 01:13 PM #526 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
You mean the ones where they either return a pitiful amount of mana (even AFTER the revamp) to the point where it's worthless, or the one where you have to spec at LEAST 31 points into Resto (and that's JUST for that totem; you'd be missing out on things like +10% to healing spells, for example, among other things like reduced threat on healing, +20% to HP/MP when you self-rez, etc.), utterly GIMPING your DPS in the process?

Seriously, the ONLY people who are somewhat happy with these changes are either Blizzard fanboys who take their word as God's, or elemental PVP shammies. The rest are just looking confusedly at seeing Resto's already pitiful damage being nerfed into oblivion (Windfury attack power halved for the lose), while getting almost nothing back in return except shit like Nature's Grace and Healing Focus (which I WILL admit is nice. 70% chance to avoid interruption on ALL healing spells? Hello Healing Wave/Chain Heal usefulness), and Enhancement shammies are looking confusedly at a tree which now all but forces 31 points into it for good (and incredibly unreliable) damage, where before it only took 22.

If you think this is a good review, then you don't understand a god damn thing about shaman and apparently don't want to learn, either, considering that I've said what shaman problems are in this exact same thread.

EDIT: Quoted for truth, Crazied. All my Alliance characters are collecting dust, because I... well, I just find alliance side utterly BORING. Shame that they're the side which has easy-mode raiding.

Why the fuck does everyone who agrees or has no problem with a revamp either too stupid, doesn't know the class, or some other lame insult?

You should be fucking glad that blade flurry doesn't target totems cause it makes my job as a fucking rogue harder. I can't even target it as a druid with swipe. It's bullshit.

I may not have a level 60 shammy but I know damn well it's still a good revamp.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 02:03 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 03:03 PM #527 of 1941
Ok. I want to get WoW Because everyone's talking about it.
But I'm not getting any information from the official Site.
Assuming that my mom will let me use her Credit Card.... (And that it still comes with that Trial Card I saw a few months ago) How much does this game Cost a month?
I thought I read somewhere that you could have 10 accounts... or characters or whatever. Does it cost like 1.00 more to make an extra character like Final Fantasy XI?
I don't wanna buy this game and then have to throw it in my garage somewhere because my mom says she won't pay for it, Like my FFXI.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:35 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 12:35 PM #528 of 1941
$15/month US.

10 characters (i think) per server
No, it doesnt cost money to create characters.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:50 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 04:50 PM #529 of 1941
Originally Posted by Cat9
$15/month US.

10 characters (i think) per server
No, it doesnt cost money to create characters.
Wow my mom just said I could get it If I do all my chores. She said I can't use her Credit Card but she'll get me a prepaid.
What's the best server to go to?
I've been reading a bit and I think i would like a Pvp kinda thing.
Or maybe a PvE
What's your recommendation?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 04:24 PM #530 of 1941
PVP is for those who love being on the edge and etc. PVE is those who want to focus on killing monsters, raiding and etc. You control when you PVP and etc.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 05:28 PM #531 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
PVP is for those who love being on the edge and etc. PVE is those who want to focus on killing monsters, raiding and etc. You control when you PVP and etc.
Can you have a Profession in Pvp?
I'll do some more research.
And also.... Should I hold out until The Burning Crusaades come out? I'm really anxious.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Rayne; Jun 13, 2006 at 04:30 PM.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 05:10 PM #532 of 1941
No, you shouldn't. Get a char and level him/her up cause it'll only help you get into the new content.

Yes of course you can have professions.

You can only have two main professions and all the secondary ones. Main ones are like alche, herby and etc. Seconday is like cooking and etc.

What do you wnat to do in WoW? Tell me like what is your battle style and I'll help you pick and choose. Oh and CHOOSE A RACE THAT YOU LOOKS THE BEST. Fuck racials and etc, I mean they help but what's the point if you don't like the race.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 06:15 PM #533 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
No, you shouldn't. Get a char and level him/her up cause it'll only help you get into the new content.

Yes of course you can have professions.

You can only have two main professions and all the secondary ones. Main ones are like alche, herby and etc. Seconday is like cooking and etc.

What do you wnat to do in WoW? Tell me like what is your battle style and I'll help you pick and choose. Oh and CHOOSE A RACE THAT YOU LOOKS THE BEST. Fuck racials and etc, I mean they help but what's the point if you don't like the race.
Of Course I want to Kill people. I want to Come up With my own team and dominate My entire Realm. I also wanna go on quests too.
So... Big battles, Big Quests, Big everything!
And I'm guessing the Alchemy is not Like Full Metal alchemist?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Rayne; Jun 13, 2006 at 06:29 PM.
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 06:56 PM #534 of 1941
Originally Posted by Rayne
And I'm guessing the Alchemy is not Like Full Metal alchemist?
You can transmute certain items when you get to very high levels of the profession, but nothing on the scale of FMA. Alchemy is chiefly a potion-making profession.

No one here plays on Duskwood, do they? ;_;

1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:57 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 12:57 AM #535 of 1941
PvP is probably recommended, as if you go PvE, there's no real way to fight Alliance aside from Battlegrounds. And believe me, you WILL want to fight them.

That's right, I assume you're going Horde.

FELIPE NO
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 08:25 PM #536 of 1941
I know you want to kill but how do you want to do it?

And second, anther thing I want toss on this whole shammy thing. How do you think priests feel about being gimped to heal? My brother is a decked out priest that wants to go shadow form so he can really really melt faces.

Originally Posted by Zio
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:11 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 10:11 PM #537 of 1941
Originally Posted by Talbain
PvP is probably recommended, as if you go PvE, there's no real way to fight Alliance aside from Battlegrounds. And believe me, you WILL want to fight them.

That's right, I assume you're going Horde.
No I'm not going Horde... I don't really want a Ugly Creature doing my Work. Unless they come up with a Decent Looking character for the Hordes I'm staying away from them. That's why I wanted to Hold out for the Burning Crusades Because the Blood Elves Look Reall Really Cool.

Originally Posted by Zio
I know you want to kill but how do you want to do it?

And second, anther thing I want toss on this whole shammy thing. How do you think priests feel about being gimped to heal? My brother is a decked out priest that wants to go shadow form so he can really really melt faces.
If I could Kill Somebody I WOULD Like a Sword (A big Sword).... But I don't want to miss out on the chance of doing Magic. (I have to have magic) Is there a Race that does Both?

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 09:20 PM #538 of 1941
Horde has NO delay on going to Battlegrounds and they have wicked racial buffs. I'd say look into them. Besides, nothing's cooler than an undead character's /laugh sound.

Paladin does magic (healing) and fighting with big weapons. But there's little button-usage involved. Lots of it is "toggled combat" and sit there. Most folks agree that it is boring to do pally. Shaman is the only class that lets you really do both nicely. And they're good with maces. Can only do them on Horde. They're the Horde's answer to the Paladin class.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 09:10 PM #539 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Why the fuck does everyone who agrees or has no problem with a revamp either too stupid, doesn't know the class, or some other lame insult?
Because it addressed nothing that was needed for shaman, and everything that wasn't?

Seriously. You ask for a Hawaiian pizza, and get a Supreme. And what's worse, it turns out that the person who took your order completely ignored you and just handed a random ticket to the cooks. If that happened, you would be bitching over the phone at the manager, and probably wouldn't be giving your business to that place again. It's the exact same thing with this review. We asked for PVE buffs because we are the counterpart to paladins, who are quite simply AMAZING at PVE (best buffs in the game + incredible healing efficiency FTW), while shammies are quite literally little more than liabilities. Instead, the CMs ignored our feedback, and we got PVP buffs, minor healing buffs, and a band-aid fix on the totem system, when it needed surgery.

How is that a good review?

Quote:
You should be fucking glad that blade flurry doesn't target totems cause it makes my job as a fucking rogue harder. I can't even target it as a druid with swipe. It's bullshit.
...what?

How hard is it to make a macro that you can mash to target a totem, attack, and then re-target the shammy, ESPECIALLY since hunters and warlocks have macros that do the same with their pets? And besides, if you're complaining about an AOE ability (which the fucking manual states totems are immune to) being unable to kill totems, then I dunno what to say. I just can't comprehend such sheer idiocy and lack of comprehension for game balance.

Quote:
I may not have a level 60 shammy but I know damn well it's still a good revamp.
It's a good revamp, but it's NOT WHAT WE NEEDED, NOR WANTED TO BEGIN WITH.

EDIT:

Quote:
What's the point behind this? You sacrifice some healing and utility for damage. And I can understand that and am FINE with it. What I'm NOT fine with is that shaman, the HYBRID class, cannot do so in a raid setting, because at BEST they output as much damage as a tank while bringing nothing else. While priests cannot do as much damage as Shadow as a warlock/mage/hunter/rogue, many priests are still allowed to go Shadow for two reasons: Vampiric Embrace and Shadow Weaving. Those two alone provide such incredible utility that shadowpriests are in demand. Yet elemental and enhancement shammies bring...

Elemental: Nothing at ALL except damage that doesn't ever approach that of a mage.

Enhancement: +9 to our strength buff, and melee that is so unreliable and bursty that it had a high chance of pulling aggro and causing a wipe? WHOOPIE!

And druids? They bring +3% to crit for either spells or melee, depending on what they focus on. Yet they were being pigeonholed into Resto because Innervate was so good that it overruled the others. And now they get Innervate for free. Yet shammies, who are ALSO pigeonholed into Resto for Mana Tide, AND bring nothing viable for a raid outside of Resto, got... PVP buffs. And no free Mana Tide.

The thing that you don't realize, Zio, is that the shaman review wasn't just a chance to balance Shaman raiding, it was a chance to balance raiding for an entire faction. Paladin buffs are so incredibly useful that comparing Horde and Alliance raiding is like comparing two wheels, one round and one in the shape of an octagon. This review was a chance to bring Horde raiding to the level of Alliance raiding, and it did absolutely nothing in that regard. A game which requires double the amount of one faction-specific class to buff a raid (worse than the opposing faction-specific class, might I add) than an opposing faction-specific class, while the one requiring double also gimps the DPS and healing of the raid in the process, is NOT A BALANCED GAME.

How hard is it to understand that?

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jun 13, 2006 at 11:24 PM.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 05:58 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 03:58 AM #540 of 1941
No I'm not going Horde... I don't really want a Ugly Creature doing my Work. Unless they come up with a Decent Looking character for the Hordes I'm staying away from them. That's why I wanted to Hold out for the Burning Crusades Because the Blood Elves Look Reall Really Cool.

If I could Kill Somebody I WOULD Like a Sword (A big Sword).... But I don't want to miss out on the chance of doing Magic. (I have to have magic) Is there a Race that does Both?
It sounds to me like you'll end up a Night Elf warrior.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 07:05 AM #541 of 1941
You cant do everthing like you are describing. The closest thing to that is a Paladin, but you wont be damaging more than other classes. And most of the magic will be for healing.

Just do like everyone else and start creating different characters. Eventually, you find the class that best suits you.

Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 11:29 AM #542 of 1941
It sounds to me like you'll end up a Night Elf warrior.
I was just looking at their dances. I really like the fact that the Night Elves Can Hit the Michael Jackson. But is there anyway that a Human can get that ability?
And you Are able to customize your characters? So if I Do decide to go with Night Elf They won't have to look Purple.
But I am thinking about going with Humans also (But what's the Fun In that?)
Question... If you are Huma You are still able to do spells aren't you?

jedi optimus
Everybody's Favorite Transforming Jedi!

Member 5617

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:11 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 11:11 AM #543 of 1941
Race has nothing to do with what powers you have. Your abilities are based on what class you choose. Its not like FF11 where you can be all classes on one char, you need to create many alts to try the classes out to find which one you like. It sounds like paladin is a class that might be what you are looking for though, they have a sword and can melee but can also heal themselves and your group.

Also each race has a different dance: NE have MJ dance, humans have disco, dwarves have ?russian style? dancing, gnomes have bad dancing lol, orcs have MC Hammer dance, trolls have capoeira like dance, undead do a rock headbang dance, and i forget what tauren dance like.

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 10:16 AM #544 of 1941
Yes. Humans can be either warlocks, mages, paladins, or warriors, IIRC.

Personally, it sounds to me like you'll end up being a Hunter. They can do passable melee DPS (although most of their close-range attacks are more focused on getting range than anything), but where they REALLY shine is at range, firing their guns or bows. They're the only class that can actually USE guns quickly (although warriors and rogues used to be able to, but that was nerfed to oblivion), and they have things like stings (debuffs which can either drain your mana, drain your strength/agility, do damage over time, and if you spec for it, put somebody to sleep, as a form of CC), pets (which can do INCREDIBLE melee DPS if you spec for it), and have the single best aggro dump in the game (Feign Death).

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:20 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 12:20 PM #545 of 1941
Tauren dance is a sideways shuffle, then jabbing up of arms into the air. Quite snazzy =)

Ahh. Hunters. Able to consistently solo critters well above their level. But DAMN they piss me off when I'm farming fire elementals. Ugh.

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:29 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 02:29 PM #546 of 1941
I think I have decided to go with Rouge. I like the Idea of stealth. They can do spells right? And you can have more than one character right?
And also.... If you are able to have more than one character... Do the have to be on the server?
Can you have different characters on different servers?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Rayne; Jun 14, 2006 at 01:36 PM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:44 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 01:44 PM #547 of 1941
No, Rogues don't cast spells. They are the highest damage dealers in melee but can't stand up to a ton of damage since they can only wear up to leather armor. Their major attribute is Agility which controls their critical rate as well as their hit & dodge percentiles.

You can do different servers. Changing is done through a Realm list but it always boots you to your last used server, last used character highlighted when you try to log in. You can have different characters on different servers.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 02:24 PM #548 of 1941
And forget about stealth, too. When 1.10 came out, they made traps fall under stealth, and in the process of doing that, all but broke the mechanic. 1.11 MIGHT fix it, but I'm not sure.

Most amazing jew boots
Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 05:51 PM #549 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
And forget about stealth, too. When 1.10 came out, they made traps fall under stealth, and in the process of doing that, all but broke the mechanic. 1.11 MIGHT fix it, but I'm not sure.
What are you talking about? Please remember that I don't have the game yet.
I will be getting it soon.

Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 11:10 PM #550 of 1941
Rolling Alliance just because Horde doesn't look pretty is typical of players that don't realize what they're getting into.

Give Horde a chance. All of my experiences with a Horde character have been far above and beyond anything I've done on Alliance.

Last edited by Talbain; Jun 14, 2006 at 06:15 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft