Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bolton resigns

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 01:57 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 01:57 AM #26 of 37
Quote:
Second, yes, there's lots of Muslim immigrants.... does this mean they're taking over?
No, not on that fact alone, however, like the illegal Mexican population of the United States, these are people who do not assimilate into European culture very well - in fact, the degree of racism Europeans display towards Muslims regardless of ethnicity pales in comparison to almost anything you can recall after the 1970s in the United States. They don't want these people to assimilate. You couple that with the abysmal economies of most of Western Europe and their weak job markets, you get intensely dissatisfied, unassimilated, and segregated people that start up shit - Example: The car burnings in France in 2005 that went largely unchecked.

Combine that with the unwillingness to even acknowledge that Islam and its followers are the enemy that most greatly threatens the West and you have a problem.

Iran will take over the Middle East and turn its sights to Europe, which will be ill-equipped and completely unwilling to fight back. Europe will fall and then the only thing left is the United States. America will likely die because the tide is turning towards electing those who will advocate policies that will weaken America and make it's foreign policy more Euro-centric in nature.

The West is in its last days. So about 20 years from now, when my Grammy Award winning-album Dark America is required listening in your kids' classes detailing the fall of Western Europe and the United States, don't act like I didn't tell you.

But I mean, hey, I'm paranoid right? Psh. Mark my words.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:27 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 01:27 AM #27 of 37
Originally Posted by Night Phoenix
when my Grammy Award winning-album Dark America is required listening in your kids' classes detailing the fall of Western Europe and the United States, don't act like I didn't tell you.
God, it's so fucking hard to take you seriously when you're on these bullshit self-promotion kicks. YOU'RE NOT AS SMART AS YOU THINK YOU ARE. God, NP, you can be good as a gimmick some days, like a clown at a kid's party, but not tonight you aren't. Go back to Sass and Dope. Your clown shoes seem to be fitting a little snugly in here.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:30 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 02:30 AM #28 of 37
Why are you such a damn hater? I'm working on a classic album right now and all you can do is sling petty insults, trying to throw salt in my game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 01:32 AM #29 of 37
Why are you such a damn hater? I'm working on a classic album right now and all you can do is sling petty insults, trying to throw salt in my game.
I happen to like your rhymes, mate. I've dug the albums you've tossed up. But required learning in a history class? Come on.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 02:37 AM #30 of 37
All I'm saying is this - my knowledge of history and what the hell is going on over there tells me that Western Civilization is about to be destroyed if Europe and the United States don't get on the right page together and crush these Islamofascists decisively.

But my knowledge of people and political trends also tell me that Europe is too far gone and America is nearing the point of no return. It's the reason why I named my sophomore album (though, technically it's my national, major label debut) Dark America because I see dark days ahead for my country.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:48 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 01:48 AM #31 of 37
All I'm saying is this - my knowledge of history and what the hell is going on over there tells me that Western Civilization is about to be destroyed if Europe and the United States don't get on the right page together and crush these Islamofascists decisively.

But my knowledge of people and political trends also tell me that Europe is too far gone and America is nearing the point of no return. It's the reason why I named my sophomore album (though, technically it's my national, major label debut) Dark America because I see dark days ahead for my country.
Well, I'm not going to debate the west is falling with you, because I agree... though we disagree on the solution. And I'm also not going to say you don't know your political history, because you do. However, I'm just saying I wouldn't take a history class seriously if they made me listen to "We Didn't Start the Fire."

FELIPE NO

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 02:54 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 02:54 AM #32 of 37
But maybe you would if you heard "The Preamble" or "What They Say"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:12 AM #33 of 37
The West is in its last days. So about 20 years from now, when my Grammy Award winning-album Dark America is required listening in your kids' classes detailing the fall of Western Europe and the United States, don't act like I didn't tell you.
Is this Megalith.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:39 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 08:39 AM #34 of 37
I was watching a news program (it may have been the Daily Show but it could have been something else), and they were interviewing a former US ambassador to the UN (I don't remember which one). It's only really important that he was a former ambassador to the UN.

According to him, pretty much all of the policy, statements, resolutions, votes, etc. were scripted pretty thouroughly by the State department. I got the impression from him that mostly what a diplomat brings to the table is their personality, and even then, interactions in the UN aren't exactly make or break moments for diplomacy, usually. Although there have been some notable exceptions.

So, with that in mind, let's look at Bolton's personality: Brutish, arrogant, and flippant. He failed to achieve goals he set out for himself, he didn't seem like he was doing anything to actually help along the diplomatic process, and he certainly wasn't making any friends. All he seemed to have to offer were flippant remarks and a walrus-sized (and style) moustache.

Night Phoenix claimed Bolton to be "the best" ambassador. If by "best" he means "most representative of the attitudes of the administration he serves," then sure, I agree. If, on the other hand, he meant something more along the lines of a conventional defenition of best -- i.e. improving relations with other countries, strengthening America's diplomatic position worldwide -- then he is a complete and utter failure.

NP and others can continue to live in their fantasy land, but in the real world, it's pretty clear that Bolton, even doing a job you're not really supposed to be able to screw up, has managed to do pretty much exactly what everyone expected him to do: fail at accomplishing, and spend the rest of his time being a sourpuss.

Although, to be fair, this is the first time in a while that an ambassador to the UN has provided such a goldmine of comedy material. Negroponte only could really give you Greek and Iran Contra jokes, but that moustache, sour demeanor, and those horrible analogies made Bolton a dream come true for comedy writers everywhere.

I'm sure they're all sad to see him go.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by ramoth; Dec 9, 2006 at 11:44 AM.
Collock
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17032

Level 1.34

Dec 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:35 PM #35 of 37
It was sad Boltan proved he actually was trying to clean up the UN but he was charater assigenated by the US media and Democrates because of getting a power base nothing to do with his ability.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:22 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 11:22 PM #36 of 37
You're some kind of troll, aren't you?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Bolton resigns