Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

using macromdeia flash 8 to create a play animation button

Sweeper
Carob Nut

Member 735

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:25 PM #1 of 5
using macromdeia flash 8 to create a play animation button

ok i'm having trouble creating a simple button, that when pressed, plays the animation from another layer/ or same layer. Then once the animation stops it goes back to the first frame ( the frame where my button is, so the user can choose to press play again if they want to)
i've googled this, but it just seems that all the tutorials i've looked at didn't really tell me anything.
i've made my button like this: [Play] then once you click on it, it changes colour. The problem i'm having is that i dont reallly know how this action script works or if you suppose to add or change any of the default code that they give you.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:04 PM #2 of 5
At the end of your animation, put a "goto and stop" and whatever frame your button was on. Sorry I can't be more clear, I don't have flash installed and I'm nost sure of the exact wording of things. So, let's say your button is on frame 1, the animation plays on frame 2? Put a stop action on frame 1 so the animation doesn't play until you press the button. Then on the button put a "goto and play" frame 2 so the animation will play. Then at the end of the animation. Put the "goto and stop" back to frame 1. Not sure if this is what you're talking about but hope it helps. And I'm a flash newb so someone might have a much easier and faster way of doing it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Death To You!!!
Sweeper
Carob Nut

Member 735

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:19 PM #3 of 5
the actionscript for the first button is gotoAndPlay(); so would i have to put anything inside the () ...
heres a screenshot, i dunno if this will help
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6922/untitled4cx.jpg

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:37 PM #4 of 5
The code should look like this:

Code:
on (release) {
  gotoAndPlay(2);
}

How ya doing, buddy?
Sweeper
Carob Nut

Member 735

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:51 PM #5 of 5
THX~ it works...finally

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > using macromdeia flash 8 to create a play animation button