Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Modern Warfare 2. 50 THOUSAND RUSSES USED TO CHEAT HERE.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:19 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 05:19 PM #76 of 347
There were snowmobiles in Battlefield 2 as it happens and whilst it's rare in an FPS, plenty of games have featured some kind of rock climbing mechanic.

I don't doubt that this will be a good game of course, I just don't think there's anything massively revolutionary about it. It's essentially yet another military FPS with the same mixes of equipment that Tom Clancy games have been chucking out since 2001. I think most people are in fact looking forward to it simply because it'll be so similar to the last one, only hopefully with some bugs ironed out, rather than for any new features.

I'm not saying you can't be excited about rock climbing and snowmobiles of course, whatever excites you is your own business.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:49 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 05:49 PM #77 of 347
Yeah, I agree with Shin there. I'm looking forward to more of the same for this, which isn't a bad thing. I have a feeling this game will be very much the first game with a few tweaks, and a few vehicles, and I'm fine with that. But I can't understand when people treat it like it's going to revolutionize FPS games...because it wont, but it will certainly be a good time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:36 PM #78 of 347
A trailer showcasing some of the competitive MP goodies is now in the wild (it can be found here among, presumably, other places). Seen therein:
  • one of the new killstreak rewards is Spectre support;
  • yes, the heartbeat sensor is an available (unlockable?) accessory - thank you!;
  • there's a special callout - Buzzkill! - for killing someone who is (presumably) one kill away from a streak reward

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:40 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 05:40 PM #79 of 347
MP has the heartbeat sensor? What the fuck.

In before full abuse. Jesus Christ.

FELIPE NO
Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 09:19 PM #80 of 347
MP has the heartbeat sensor? What the fuck.

In before full abuse. Jesus Christ.
And this is a problem? Quite aside from it probably being something you'd have to earn, I'm fairly sure there'll be a countermeasure of some form. One possibility: decoy emitters (as a perk like the RPG or an unlockable loadout item); another would be an expansion of the UAV Jammer Perk (to something like Sensor Shroud, which would cover UAVs and heartbeat sensors both).
Technical nitpick for MalkHead: the AvP sensor is not the same thing. From the USCM Tech Manual (Lee Brimmicombe-Wood):

Quote:
Essentially, it is a high-powered ultrasound scanner that uses doppler-shift discrimination to filter out moving objects from the stationary background.

Most amazing jew boots
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 09:37 PM #81 of 347
A trailer showcasing some of the competitive MP goodies is now in the wild (it can be found here among, presumably, other places). Seen therein:
  • one of the new killstreak rewards is Spectre support;
  • yes, the heartbeat sensor is an available (unlockable?) accessory - thank you!;
  • there's a special callout - Buzzkill! - for killing someone who is (presumably) one kill away from a streak reward
That Spectre as killspree reward sounds very intresting. I hope it will be like air strike, but longer...

Buzzkill also sounds awesome, I mean I hated when one bastard gets 5 air strike support in a row. But heck, I always piss myself when I get killed on my 6th killing spree.

This system is going to be piss in the eye for the person getting targeted by it IMO. Not sure what others will think...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:56 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2009, 10:56 PM #82 of 347
Call out meaning it'll announce it if you pop a guy, like the Killjoy medal in Halo, not mark him especially on the radar.

The gunship would be interesting provided it obviously can't be shot down, but you gotta wonder what kill count that will be at. 10 or 12 maybe?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:43 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 07:43 AM #83 of 347
Gunship appears to be for a killstreak of 11. Customisable killstreak rewards sounds awesome, and this is looking slick as hell. Count me in:

YouTube Video

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:28 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 10:28 AM #84 of 347
It certainly does look slick. I think the only thing that's going to put me off getting this is the fact that so much needs unlocking, meaning more occaisional players like me will always be at a disadvantage in terms of equipment, exaserbating our disadvantages in terms of not playing as much as everyone else.

It won't neccessarily be a problem, provided the starting equipment is decent enough but will be a big turn off if games are dominated by people who play all the time, simply because they've got better guns.

Vegas 2 balanced this very well, the automatically unlocked weapons were some of the best in the game and you could compete using any of them against people who'd unlocked everything. All you really gained to give you an advantage from unlocking things was the shield (Which is of limited use in vs matches anyway) and the Glock G18 or Magnum (Again, of limited use in vs matches). Apart from that it was all largely cosmetic or just varied rates of fire and accuracy on some of the guns but nothing game breaking. I've not really played much of any of the other C.O.D. games so I don't know how much advantage you get from unlocking things so I'm hoping it's not too much, otherwise I'll probably pass on this.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:42 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 03:42 AM #85 of 347
The weapon balance you're worried about was not an issue in the first Modern Warfare. I wouldn't worry.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:08 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 11:08 AM #86 of 347
Yeah, Modern Warfare 1 was ridiculously well balanced in terms of weapons. All the later unlocks gave you were alternate options and opened up more styles of play, it was never about giving you the best guns. Some people would, perhaps, bitch that the P90 was too powerful, but stick it up against someone who knew how to use an MP5 (a gun available from the start) and the MP5 would always come out on top. Skills will rave about the M16, and rightly so, as it's an ace gun that's also available from the start.

Personally I found the unlocking thing really worked well in MW1, it meant you're not overwhelmed with options, it builds in a reward system for playinig through the MP and avoided the need for any retarded MP achievements which really do screw with the way people play games. I'm really looking forward to this.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:50 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 01:50 PM #87 of 347
Cool, I might order this then. I had thought it was coming out while I'm away but that's Halo ODST.

Multiplayer achievements and rewards are the death of so many games. There was never much more annoying than playing BF2 and seeing a group of kids in the corner taking it turns to kill each other 6 times with a single clip to get that reward or heal each other 6 times to get that reward and go up a level, although it did make for some easy kills for everyone else. I have nothing against the "Kill x people online" or "Win x matches" as that's just a natural part of playing online but when you get crap like "Kill 25 people on your own team using claymores whilst being careful not to score any other points", it ruins the game by making people play in an unnatural and often, counter-intuitive way.

They ought to make an achievement that's stupidly long-winded and boring to get and requires you to play the game like an absolutely useless cunt to achieve then once you get it, it wipes your Xbox's hard drive and sparks off a RROD. That'd fucking learn a few people.

Most amazing jew boots
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:34 PM #88 of 347
So is there going to be modern warfare 3? Because there was 1-2-3 and 2 blinked >_>

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:31 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 04:31 PM 5 #89 of 347
Yes. And a fourth and fifth. I suggest you put off buying and playing (and posting about) number 2 and wait for any of the later ones. They will be better.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:57 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2009, 11:57 AM #90 of 347
OK, so the game hits tomorrow, though some people (myself included) might be getting their hands on the game early. My copy just arrived at work, so I know what I'll be doing this evening. If you see me on and I perhaps ignore any party invites then you'll know why.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:38 AM #91 of 347
I'm getting mine from Amazon (on the cheap) and I should have it sometime tomorrow afternoon I'd guess around 3ish. I've never played a CoD game online, so this ought to be interesting. Mr Goodhand and Mr Phong also are getting it tomorrow as well.

How ya doing, buddy?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:05 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2009, 01:05 PM #92 of 347
I'm planning to play through the single player first, though I might dabble in the multiplayer, certainly if a few other people are up for giving it a go.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:47 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2009, 01:47 PM #93 of 347
Might flog a load of old stuff I no longer play just so I can afford this.

Probably not going to play any multiplayer until after I'm done with the campaign, though, so I'll likely not be on for a while.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:17 PM #94 of 347
By all accounts single player is pretty damn short; on first runs people are beating Hardened in 5-6 hours and Veteran in about 8.

How ya doing, buddy?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:23 PM #95 of 347
I'm busy with schoolwork most of this week, it turns out. I may end up having to pick this up a week or so late to ensure that I focus.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:00 PM #96 of 347
For some reason I can imagine you upstairs in your room trying to study, yelling down the stairs at your mom to keep it down as she does her second prestige.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:24 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2009, 07:24 PM 1 #97 of 347
Mo0's mom has the best K/D ratio in the whole family.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:39 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2009, 07:39 PM 2 #98 of 347
0.05?

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:49 PM #99 of 347
For some reason I can imagine you downstairs in your room trying to study, yelling up the stairs at your mom to keep it down as she does her second prestige.
Keepin' the stereotype alive

Also she doesn't like multiplayer because they yell at her.

Skills I hate you

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:55 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2009, 07:55 PM #100 of 347
Refuse to believe.

There is no hole big enough in the earth in which you could fit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Modern Warfare 2. 50 THOUSAND RUSSES USED TO CHEAT HERE.