Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2

Zork
Darkness in Zero

Member 993

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 12:51 PM #76 of 994
Quote:
On that note, exactly which XIII member do you fight in Final Mix, or is he one of the spoiler members (1 or 13)?
You're wondering what the true idetity of Nazo no Otoko/'Enigmatic Man' is?

Spoiler:

I - Xemnas; AKA, 'The Superior' -- Leader & Founding Member of The 13th Order

Quote:
However he said if they have time to do that, he wants to put back in those mushroom heartless back in.
Almost makes you wonder why they weren't there in the first place, if that's how adamantly he feels about them.

Quote:
As for his role in the game:
Spoiler:

I asked a friend of mine who has a Japanese copy of KH2, and Setzer has practically no part at all. He's standing around somewhere, you fight him, and my friend beat him so quickly he barely gave Setzer a chance to attack.
Erm, not quite. He actually has a rather significant role near the beginning of the game, being that he's...
Spoiler:

... the reigning Champion of 'The Struggle'-tournament. So, obviously, Roxas has to go through him to acquire said title.

But, for the most part, that portion of the game is rather simple, so you shouldn't have high-expectations heading-in. Although, the Axle introduction/battle-sequence, halfway-thorugh, certainly livens things up a bit.

Quote:
Is there any word on how long KH2 is supposed to be?
It depends on whether you choose to complete all the Worlds, or merely the minimum amount required to unlock the final World.

Quote:
I'm also disappointed by the fact that it's only a handful of worlds.
The amount of new Worlds far outweighs those which are returning, as evidenced by the following list...

Worlds (debuts)
- Twilight Town
- Disney Castle*
- Timeless River
- Beast's Castle
- Land Of Dragons
- Hades' Underworld
- Port Royal
- ChristmasTown
- Space Paranoids
- PrideLands
-
Spoiler:

The World That Never Was
-
Spoiler:

Kingdom Hearts

Worlds (reprisals)
- Hollow Bastion
- Disney Castle*
- Olympus Coliseum
- Atlantica
- Agrabah
- HalloweenTown

* While this world was indeed present in the original game, it only becomes playable for the first time come the sequel.

Quote:
All I'm saying is, I hope the repeat levels have something new to do besides travel through Agrabah and beat up large bodies again.
Nah, don't worry about that -- there's quite a few all-new Heartless-breeds (although, Large Bodies do return). =P

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing myself. One of the biggest complaints about the first game was the lack of variety in each world. Basically you fight Heartless, and that's about it.
Not much has changed on that particular front, unfortunately. Well, aside from the inclusion of the various Nobody-types, to go along with the numerous Heartlesses.

That said, most of the Worlds do suffer from the oh-so dreaded 'look, but don't touch'-effect. Ugh.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Zork; Mar 17, 2006 at 02:56 PM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:09 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 04:09 AM #77 of 994
New vids with the english dub at IGN. Setzer sounds like he's voiced by Crispin Freeman, not sure, but a fitting voice IMO.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/696/696712p1.html

Ahhh! Only a few more weeks! Damn this month has been crazy, my spendings are shooting through the roof thanks to the many new game releases.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 03:01 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 12:01 PM #78 of 994
Seifer's voice was just as how I imagined it to be. I also don't mind Setzer's voice, but seeing that video again made me remember how easy the battle against him was.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 03:04 PM #79 of 994
Quote:
Setzer sounds like he's voiced by Crispin Freeman, not sure, but a fitting voice IMO.
That would be so awesome if it's true.

For the record, since the game is only about a week and a half away, I'm not viewing any online media for it whatsoever. I want to go into the game knowing as little as I can.

FELIPE NO
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 01:01 PM #80 of 994
Quote:
(although, Large Bodies do return)
Dammit. Replayed KH1 and am playing CoM for the first time and I'd forgotten how much I hated those things. CoM itself is a chore to play through, but...

Anyone know if you can turn the subtitles off in KH2?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:35 PM #81 of 994
Large Bodies are a cinch in KH1. All you have to do is block when they charge after you (they pat their bellies when they're ready to charge you). They do become a pain when there's more than one though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zork
Darkness in Zero

Member 993

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 07:31 PM #82 of 994
Quote:
Dammit. Replayed KH1 and am playing CoM for the first time and I'd forgotten how much I hated those things. CoM itself is a chore to play through, but...
Don't worry -- Large Bodies are rather simple to defeat this time around, thanks primarily to the inclusion of the Reaction Command-system. And it may just be that Sora himself has grown, but they also seem to be slightly smaller, relative to the size of the other characters. So that, also, makes them more manageable, overall.

Fire Bandits, however, are about the same difficulty (and girth) as they were in the first two games -- even with the RCs. Although, not by much.

Quote:
Anyone know if you can turn the subtitles off in KH2?
In the Japanese-version, no, you cannot. And I dare say that's not likely to change for the English-release, either. But they aren't all that obtrusive, to begin with, so it doesn't really matter.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:09 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 07:09 AM #83 of 994
Originally Posted by Hantei
New vids with the english dub at IGN. Setzer sounds like he's voiced by Crispin Freeman, not sure, but a fitting voice IMO.
He IS voice by Freeman in fact, and he's also replacing Bloom as Will Turner from Pirates of Carribean too.

I like how Seifer....

Spoiler:
"says: "Isn't this romantic" when you challenge him in a fight, reference to his "romantic dream" in FF8?

Also for any importers who has beaten the game and doesnt mind spoilers, here's a video featuring these characters.

Spoiler:
DiZ, Xigbar, Saix, Kairi, Mickey, Malificent speaks in this video.

MAJOR SPOILERS! CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_TnUh0mTX34

My comments so far from all the English videos from the various game sites is that I'm rather happy with majority of the voices, cept Aeris, Leon wasnt that great either but it was only a line I've heard.

And Christopher Lee rocks. Bar none.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 19, 2006 at 10:52 AM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:29 AM #84 of 994
Quote:
Is there any word on how long KH2 is supposed to be?
I beat it in 34 hours, 1 sitting. It was the japanese version and I dont know a word of japanese so that may have slowed me down a bit. It was on normal mode and I know I didnt beat it all because I didnt get the secret ending.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:34 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 08:34 AM #85 of 994
You need to finish Jiminy's journal before you can get the secret ending in Normal mode, that means finished all the sidw quests and mini games, which will take a long time.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 12:36 PM #86 of 994
Watched bits and pieces of the spoiler vid, mainly to hear Christopher Lee as DiZ. I like what I hear.

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 09:35 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 08:35 PM #87 of 994
Originally Posted by Kairi Li
You need to finish Jiminy's journal before you can get the secret ending in Normal mode, that means finished all the sidw quests and mini games, which will take a long time.
At least we have SOMETHING to look forward to for completing the game to fruition. Not rewarding hardcore gamers that collect everything has been a disturbing trend in games lately.

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 06:43 PM #88 of 994
Originally Posted by shadowlink56
At least we have SOMETHING to look forward to for completing the game to fruition. Not rewarding hardcore gamers that collect everything has been a disturbing trend in games lately.
There's that, and also an optional boss battle that players can attempt just for the the sake of challenge.

How ya doing, buddy?
plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 10:00 PM #89 of 994
Originally Posted by Rydia
There's that, and also an optional boss battle that players can attempt just for the the sake of challenge.
Like the Sephiroth battle from KH1? ..

no wait. That had a point...

Spoiler:
Yeh, Seifer sounds cool. Gotta love the little "in-jokes" (for lack of a better term) for us FF fans. Hell, Roxas himself is cool imo

Only 8 days >.> <.< I'm gonna go crazy *hides in his corner*

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 08:16 PM #90 of 994
I just hope it's possible to get ahold of it when it is released.

I've been screwed over on pre-orders before. >.>

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:26 PM #91 of 994
Well, at least they found the perfect voice actor for Setzer despite his horrendous redesign. I can't think of anyone more suited for the character than Crispin Freeman.

I wouldn't worry about pre-orders, this should be pretty widely available once it's released. Square usually overanticipates the launches of its big games, so there shouldn't be any problem finding a copy. Besides, considering my Gamestop tried to get me to pre-order KH2 about 6 times when I came in to pre-order Harvest Moon:MM I doubt they'll be lacking in copies.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 02:24 AM #92 of 994
Honestly, what do you all have against Setzer's look? Would you rather he look like Sephiroth in Alucard's outfit? The new look is much better suited to his gambler/high stakes lifestyle.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:10 AM #93 of 994
Seymour became a swashbuckler and stole Cloud's hair. Considering by your example it's more that Sephiroth stole Setzer's hair, then yes I would prefer that. If they're going to include an old character they shouldn't change the look beyond all recognition, especially not into yet another one of Nomura's tired lookalike designs. How does this pretty boy look more like a high-stakes gambler than the rough, unshaven Setzer?

How ya doing, buddy?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 12:56 PM #94 of 994
Setzer's original design had something ...magical, if I hjave to put it in one word. He looked like a real adventurer, soaring through the skies, not caring about anyone. Nomura's Setzer just look like another generic RPG character, especially with such an awful haircut.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 12:32 PM #95 of 994
What do you expect, it's Nomura.

FELIPE NO
Conqueso
Happy Ness

Member 547

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:06 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 07:06 PM #96 of 994
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Seymour became a swashbuckler and stole Cloud's hair. Considering by your example it's more that Sephiroth stole Setzer's hair, then yes I would prefer that. If they're going to include an old character they shouldn't change the look beyond all recognition, especially not into yet another one of Nomura's tired lookalike designs. How does this pretty boy look more like a high-stakes gambler than the rough, unshaven Setzer?
I can't comment on Setzer's shaving habits (although I never noticed any stubble), but it really bugs me how all of his scars are magically gone. The hair only bothers me a little, and I really like the new outfit, but his skin! He looks like a Clearasil model! It's not like Nomura's not a big fan of facial scars anyway.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:11 PM #97 of 994
Hm, maybe they were scars instead of stubble. All I have are memories and fuzzy jpegs to go by at the moment since I'm too lazy to dig out my FF VI manual. I agree though, the ultra-smooth skin is just weird for Setzer.

Originally Posted by Motsy
What do you expect, it's Nomura.
Precisely the problem.

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:04 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 09:04 PM #98 of 994
Could be that this is a younger Setzer, before whatever happened to give him those scars *shrug*

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 09:49 PM #99 of 994
Extended Version of Passion

http://rapidshare.de/files/15947138/Passio...ersion.mp3.html

It has the rocking part from the FMV ver. but also has the last verses from the Single version.

Karaoke version of Passion or Sanctuary

FOr all you singers out there, here's a karaoke version of the Opening version of Passion or Sanctuary if you like.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16031690/Sanctu...ersion.mp3.html

Both are mixed by me, so please give credits if people ask for it.

Feedback would be nice.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Conqueso
Happy Ness

Member 547

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:07 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:07 AM #100 of 994
There was a nasty arguement here a while ago, but now it has a nice home in the Sewers. Therefore I will remove my commentary and leave my on-topic question:

I'm still really curious about how those musical minigames in Atlantica will work. Can anyone who played the Japanese version shed some light on it, if they haven't already and I missed it?

Last edited by Conqueso; Mar 22, 2006 at 06:47 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2